Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! (861 Views)

Guys Help Me Checkout My New Blog And Tell Me What You Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 12:25pm On May 10, 2015
Well I finished secondary school last year . I fell in love with programming early dis year. Ever since I have learnt html,css and javascript. Guys I just want to ask with this little knowledge how can I make small money and what should be ma next step
. Currently running a diploma in computer science. And I also want to ask guys which programming languages will be good for mobile apps development because dat where I wanna base on. I would be glad to hear help from u guys . Thanks grin
Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by PGON(m): 12:56pm On May 10, 2015
For making little money, Try Fiverr.com or other freelance site.

For Mobile apps: Android application development and maybe iOS.

Spread your legs, open your laptop, open your browser, type in GOOGLE.COM

Search for "Android Application Development for newbie"

do same for iOs (That's after mastering Android ...).
Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2015
PGON:
For making little money, Try Fiverr.com or other freelance site.

For Mobile apps: Android application development and maybe iOS.

Spread your legs, open your laptop, open your browser, type in GOOGLE.COM

Search for "Android Application Development for newbie"

do same for iOs (That's after mastering Android ...).

Thanks bro. I appreciate it
Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by Ben1975(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2015
Hi chiemmaxy2

If you can put together a decent website you will need to canvass for customers. Best place is online because people online are more aware of the value of website design.

Charge small to start of with say no more than 12 - 15k just so the market can get to know you.

websites you want to focus on building are mobile websites, blogs and membership sites (if you can handle PHP well)

Start of putting together WordPress blogs for people and registering email accounts so as not to confuse your situation as you learn the ropes.

Get a robust hosting platform, I use SmartWeb.com.ng but you

Go to forums with a signature announcing your business, blog and do SEO for a website you have built for yourself is important people wont take you seriously unless they can see past work.

Go onto social media platforms and get into discussions with people who can be potential customers, not just web design groups but small business owners, no hard selling just tell them what you do and continue you discussion on related issues.

Remember at your age getting consistent customers will be a little tricky but if you can show people real ability with time you will be fine.

Ben Ajose
Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 1:47pm On May 10, 2015
Ben1975:
Hi chiemmaxy2

If you can put together a decent website you will need to canvass for customers. Best place is online because people online are more aware of the value of website design.

Charge small to start of with say no more than 12 - 15k just so the market can get to know you.

websites you want to focus on building are mobile websites, blogs and membership sites (if you can handle PHP well)

Start of putting together WordPress blogs for people and registering email accounts so as not to confuse your situation as you learn the ropes.

Get a robust hosting platform, I use SmartWeb.com.ng but you

Go to forums with a signature announcing your business, blog and do SEO for a website you have built for yourself is important people wont take you seriously unless they can see past work.

Go onto social media platforms and get into discussions with people who can be potential customers, not just web design groups but small business owners, no hard selling just tell them what you do and continue you discussion on related issues.

Remember at your age getting consistent customers will be a little tricky but if you can show people real ability with time you will be fine.

Ben Ajose
Ben thank u so much. thank u both for eyes opener I have surfing d net .and I didn't see any of this great ideas . Thank u
Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by thewebcraft(m): 3:00pm On May 10, 2015
chiemmaxy2:
Well I finished secondary school last year . I fell in love with programming early dis year. Ever since I have learnt html,css and javascript. Guys I just want to ask with this little knowledge how can I make small money and what should be ma next step
. Currently running a diploma in computer science. And I also want to ask guys which programming languages will be good for mobile apps development because dat where I wanna base on. I would be glad to hear help from u guys . Thanks grin
You can make money with your programming skills by starting small, from people around you, offer them your web dev. services at least you should have created more than 5 sites before moving on to major clients because they always want to see what you've done. For mobile app dev. you can start learning objective c or java, although I use java, c# or swift for developing apps for major platforms but if you think java is hard to learn then you can start with your js,HTML and CSS to develop hybrid apps.

1 Like

Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 3:45pm On May 10, 2015
thewebcraft:

You can make money with your programming skills by starting small, from people around you, offer them your web dev. services at least you should have created more than 5 sites before moving on to major clients because they always want to see what you've done. For mobile app dev. you can start learning objective c or java, although I use java, c# or swift for developing apps for major platforms but if you think java is hard to learn then you can start with your js,HTML and CSS to develop hybrid apps.
Thank u very much for ur advice . I appreciate it
Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by ubaojeh(m): 1:52pm On May 11, 2015
i had the same issue but thank God am making it now . what u need now is getting to know some freelance jobs and some marketing materials and simple cms tools such as wordpress to enable u do some jobs cheaper n quicker l was opportune to see www.timosoft.net where i the tutorial am using to setup websites with many free ebooks i even resel to friends i encourage to just simply start from somewhere

1 Like

Re: Guys Help Me Out!!!!!!! by chiemmaxy2(m): 3:03pm On May 11, 2015
ubaojeh:
i had the same issue but thank God am making it now . what u need now is getting to know some freelance jobs and some marketing materials and simple cms tools such as wordpress to enable u do some jobs cheaper n quicker l was opportune to see www.timosoft.net where i the tutorial am using to setup websites with many free ebooks i even resel to friends i encourage to just simply start from somewhere
Wow thanks u very much

(1) (Reply)

Is Opening Paypal Account Now Possible In Nigeria?? / Nairalander Shows Off His Dollars He Earn From His Google Adsense / Naija Words Forum-----First Nigerian Mobile Forum(Android App)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.