Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth (1857 Views)

According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? / Muslim Woman In Kaduna Donates Bible To Pastor, Members / Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Addietunes(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2015
The verse i'm about to show you is a very common verse in the bible, but only a free thinker can sense the error in it. So I urge you to please clear your mind before reading and focus on the words.

Here is the verse:

Acts 1:8King James Version (KJV)

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Now according to this verse, Jesus was talking to his disciples to preach the gospel throughout the earth, but if u checked the sentence very well he said "unto the uttermost part of the earth". That word "uttermost" or in other versions "ends" refers to a location. From those words I believe Jesus was trying to let us know that the earth has an end (not end as in the destruction of the world but as a location). I also believe that for something to have an end it has to have an edge. So Jesus is trying to tell us that the earth has an edge, but the earth as we know it has no end because it is spherical in shape ( a great discovery of science by the way). So according to that verse, Jesus is claiming that the earth is flat. Now I ask how can Jesus the son of God claim that the earth his father (which is himself according to some bible verses) created was flat. This simply means that, the verse was not spoken by a God but by man, because during the dark ages, people believed the earth was flat in nature. Hence Jesus Christ is a myth.

I wonder what our bible scholars have to say about that.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by dexpendable(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2015
The english "uttermost" you're talking about is only a translation of whatever might have been written originally. And of course there would be errors. If you don't believe in God. Try to die and face the wrath.
***I'm not a bible scholar***

1 Like

Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Princecalm(m): 2:47pm On May 10, 2015
You forgot to note that Bible was not first written in English and so the interpreters used words they deemed fit to occupy words they can't actually figure out.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Addietunes(m): 3:00pm On May 10, 2015
Princecalm:
You forgot to note that Bible was not first written in English and so the interpreters used words they deemed fit to occupy words they can't actually figure out.

I love it when people support faith with reason, just one question though, are you saying the bible is a book filled with errors because of misinterpretations?

3 Likes

Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by mankand(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2015
Jesus christ never existed as a living being. The character of jesus christ is a metaphor it is used to describe a spiritually enlighten person. His character is the combination of different characters for one person.

2 Likes

Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by SuperSuave(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2015
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by jcross19: 3:41pm On May 10, 2015
Addietunes:
The verse i'm about to show you is a very common verse in the bible, but only a free thinker can sense the error in it. So I urge you to please clear your mind before reading and focus on the words.

Here is the verse:

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Now according to this verse, Jesus was talking to his disciples to preach the gospel throughout the earth, but if u checked the sentence very well he said "unto the uttermost part of the earth". That word "uttermost" or in other versions "ends" refers to a location. From those words I believe Jesus was trying to let us know that the earth has an end (not end as in the destruction of the world but as a location). I also believe that for something to have an end it has to have an edge. So Jesus is trying to tell us that the earth has an edge, but the earth as we know it has no end because it is spherical in shape ( a great discovery of science by the way). So according to that verse, Jesus is claiming that the earth is flat. Now I ask how can Jesus the son of God claim that the earth his father (which is himself according to some bible verses) created was flat. This simply means that, the verse was not spoken by a God but by man, because during the dark ages, people believed the earth was flat in nature. Hence Jesus Christ is a myth.

so because of Jesus said uttermost mean that jesus is myth right wait let the meaning of UTTERMOST : mean - most extreme , the greatest or farther . So please where did uttermost now show that earth is flat in verse you quoted.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Princecalm(m): 3:43pm On May 10, 2015
Addietunes:

I love it when people support faith with reason, just one question though, are you saying the bible is a book filled with errors because of misinterpretations?
some parts of the Bible were written by people who never even met Christ, they only wrote based on what they heard.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Orunto: 4:33pm On May 10, 2015
This is English language. Check the translation in your language and get disciplined.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by plaetton: 4:45pm On May 10, 2015
Princecalm:
some parts of the Bible were written by people who never even met Christ, they only wrote based on what they heard.

This would, of course, imply that the bible contains errors, half truths and exaggerations as would be expected of word of mouth communications over decades or centuries.
Do you agree with this?

3 Likes

Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by plaetton: 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
Princecalm:

This would, of course, imply that the bible contains errors, half truths and exaggerations as would be expected of word of mouth and hearsay communications over decades or centuries.
Do you agree with this?
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by texanomaly(f): 5:43pm On May 10, 2015
plaetton:

This would, of course, imply that the bible contains errors, half truths and exaggerations as would be expected of word of mouth and hearsay communications over decades or centuries.
Do you agree with this?

I do not agree that Christ is a myth. There is historical proof he existed. I do, however, believe the bolded.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by plaetton: 5:57pm On May 10, 2015
texanomaly:

I do not agree that Christ is a myth. There is historical proof he existed. I do, however, believe the bolded.

There has been zero historical proof that he existed, dear.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by texanomaly(f): 6:01pm On May 10, 2015
plaetton:

There has been zero historical proof that he existed, dear.
Really? Go to an American Uni and take World history. Namely Roman history.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by plaetton: 6:07pm On May 10, 2015
texanomaly:
Really? Go to an American Uni and take World history. Namely Roman history.

Any other uni or just American Uni ?
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by texanomaly(f): 6:10pm On May 10, 2015
plaetton:

Any other uni or just American Uni ?
I've never been to a foreign University.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Scholar8200(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2015
As One familiar with the book of Isaiah, [as Luke 4:17,18 shows]Jesus never meant that the earth was flat! Centuries b4 the NT, Isaiah had, under inspiration, said ,"It is He that sits on the Circle of the earth. . . Isaiah 40:22. Here the structure of the earth is described. Rather the uttermost parts of the earth referred to other nations apart from the ones He mentioned and the use of the word uttermost is to show comparative distance from the point of discourse.. Another way to say it is unto every nation under heaven. Acts 2:5 some of which are mentioned in Acts 2:9-11."Parthians and Medes and Elamites, dwellers in Mesopotamia, Judea, and Cappadocia, Asia, Phrygia, Egypt, Libya(Africa) etc
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by texanomaly(f): 6:50pm On May 10, 2015
Scholar8200:
As One familiar with the book of Isaiah, [as Luke 4:17,18 shows]Jesus never meant that the earth was flat! Centuries b4 the NT, Isaiah had, under inspiration, said ,"It is He that sits on the Circle of the earth. . . Isaiah 40:22. Rather the uttermost parts of the earth referred to other nations apart from the ones He mentioned. Another way to say it is unto every nation under heaven. Acts 2:5 some of which are mentioned in Acts 2:9-11.

Even if he did say the world is flat, who cares? I don't know why people like to beat this dead horse and others from the Bible. That was the belief at the time. Is he going to tell people differently? He had a message to impart and a job to do. It had nothing to do with geography, astronomy, planetary science or any other study of the earth or the space around it. For people who claim to think logically, Atheists sure don't think in realistic practicalities.

At any rate, whatever you say there will be someone who will refute it with an answer that is just as convincing.

And the cycle continues...smh
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Princecalm(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2015
plaetton:

This would, of course, imply that the bible contains errors, half truths and exaggerations as would be expected of word of mouth communications over decades or centuries.
Do you agree with this?
not everything in the Bible were as it happened.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by jcross19: 7:57pm On May 10, 2015
Addietunes:

Here is the verse:

your problem is english and that has manipulate your center of reasoning.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Addietunes(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2015
Scholar8200:
As One familiar with the book of Isaiah, [as Luke 4:17,18 shows]Jesus never meant that the earth was flat! Centuries b4 the NT, Isaiah had, under inspiration, said ,"It is He that sits on the Circle of the earth. . . Isaiah 40:22. Here the structure of the earth is described. Rather the uttermost parts of the earth referred to other nations apart from the ones He mentioned and the use of the word uttermost is to show comparative distance from the point of discourse.. Another way to say it is unto every nation under heaven. Acts 2:5 some of which are mentioned in Acts 2:9-11."Parthians and Medes and Elamites, dwellers in Mesopotamia, Judea, and Cappadocia, Asia, Phrygia, Egypt, Libya(Africa) etc

Dude sorry bro, according to Isaiah, the earth is circle and not spherical, still wrong
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Addietunes(m): 9:48pm On May 10, 2015
jcross19:
your problem is english and that has manipulate your center of reasoning.

Manipulated bro not manipulate, be careful when u make jest of someone not understanding English..
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by DrViviSarj(f): 11:38pm On May 10, 2015
I can see you just want to trend...mtchew. Think of a more controversial topic if you want it that badly. Jesus Christ is not a myth and deep down that attention seeking heart of yours, you know it's true grin tongue I rest my case
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by scait(m): 12:04am On May 11, 2015
you're almost perishing. accept Jesus Christ today
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Scholar8200(m): 7:49am On May 11, 2015
texanomaly:

Even if he did say the world is flat, who cares? I don't know why people like to beat this dead horse and others from the Bible. That was the belief at the time. Is he going to tell people differently? He had a message to impart and a job to do. It had nothing to do with geography, astronomy, planetary science or any other study of the earth or the space around it. For people who claim to think logically, Atheists sure don't think in realistic practicalities.

At any rate, whatever you say there will be someone who will refute it with an answer that is just as convincing.

And the cycle continues...smh
I get your point; however i believe there are others on NL who read this and are not in the categories you alluded to.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by NumberOne2(m): 12:41pm On May 11, 2015
Addietunes:

Here is the verse:

Google meaning of uttermost - Another word for utmost.
Google meaning of utmost - most extreme; greatest.
Hope that helps you?

Here is a question for you. If the Earth is round, how come it is flat on a printed MAP?

1 Like

Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by 5minsmadness: 12:58pm On May 11, 2015
Addietunes:

Here is the verse:

Too many CHILDREN in this nairaland.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by lilmax(m): 1:07pm On May 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Barnabaseloka(m): 7:33pm On May 11, 2015
Psalm 12:6 'The words of the Lord are pure words. Like silver tried in a furnace of earth. Purified seven times.' let all men be liars, but let God be the only true one. Jesus can never lie. Isaiah 53:9 'He was placed in a grave with the wicked, he was buried with the rich, even though he had never committed a crime or ever told a lie' (GB). The words 'uttermost ends of the earth' signifies as far as you can step your feet or reach, even the interiormost parts of the earth, not that the world has edge. Only the Holy Spirit can give man the right interpretation to God's word, not human wisdom. No passage of the Scriptures contradicts itself.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Addietunes(m): 10:04am On May 13, 2015
Bsaying seloka:
Psalm 12:6 'The words of the Lord are pure words. Like silver tried in a furnace of earth. Purified seven times.' let all men be liars, but let God be the only true one. Jesus can never lie. Isaiah 53:9 'He was placed in a grave with the wicked, he was buried with the rich, even though he had never committed a crime or ever told a lie' (GB). The words 'uttermost ends of the earth' signifies as far as you can step your feet or reach, even the interiormost parts of the earth, not that the world has edge. Only the Holy Spirit can give man the right interpretation to God's word, not human wisdom. No passage of the Scriptures contradicts itself.

Please are you saying the bible has no errors due to misinterpretations?
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 13, 2015
I don't understand how people can believe in God and I have one simple reason over all my other reasons why he doesn't exist. People say God's love is unconditional, he even killed his son (who was really himself) for us to all be forgiven? But isn't that in itself a horrendous and horrible act? If God loved us so much, why does he punish us rather than lead us down the right road? Why do hundreds of people die everyday by things they cant even control like starvation, thirst, slavery abuse and everything else on the list? Why are little children who haven't even had a chance to be born into the world and discover God born into poverty or genocide? Like what the hell? You love us so much yet you decide since Eve ate a damn fruit, we all suffer.
Re: Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth by Anas09: 4:01pm On May 16, 2015
@ OP, how old are u? Because u sound like a child. I don't know what happened to you, but you are messed up. So in other to prove that christ is a myth, u had to bring up the meaning of outermost? Is that the best you can do? Since u believe only in logic, does ur logical mind not tell u that, outermost here means whereever humans are? Or do u think Jesus is talking about preaching the gospel to inanimate objects? What has the gospel of repentance got to do with wheather the earth is flat or triangular? So long as humans live on that earth, preach the gospel of life to them. Most times I read people's thoughts here and I feel so sorry for the unfortunate poor women who got pregnant and have children who turnout like this. @Nobody. I have been seeing you around and I have been trying to decipher who u really are. I can identify with the Op. He is an Atheist who won't let God alone even though he does not believe in His existence. But you, wen u meet christians, u become a christian, wen u meet Muslims u turn and become a muslim and batch christians. Wen u meet atheists, u bcome an atheist and batch christ. Once I met u in the Winners chapels forum saying u r a winner. Pls make up mind already and stop being confused. My take is. If u don't believe in God, fine. That means u believe in urself. Fine. Forget God. Whatever happens to ur world, u take responsibilty. Jesus is a myth, fine, move along. I don't know why u guys won't just keep straight and let us believe in our mythical God and Christ. Smh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Double Standards In The Church? / 10 Foolish Things Atheist Believe:) / Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.