Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States (826 Views)

Amosun, Fayemi Planning Massive Clampdown On AD Leaders, Party Claims / Five States Meet Conditions For N90Billion Federal Bailout / Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by Trailblazer1(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2015
Deputy National Chairman (South) of the Labour Party, LP, Comrade Callistus Uju Okafor, has claimed that his party won the Governorship election in Ebonyi, Cross River, Oyo, Akwa Ibom and Delta States on April 11, but was robbed of victory.

Okafor who disclosed this to newsmen after LP’s congress in Anambra State, insisted that if Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, should prosecute those who perpetrated electoral fraud during the Governorship election, such persons must include the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim for allegedly using his “Federal Might and weapons to intimidate and bulldoze his way and gave the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, false victory in Ebonyi State”.

The party chieftain showered encomiums on the national chairman of the LP, Alhaji Abdulkadir Abdusalam, for giving the party a good leadership which he said accounted for the victory it recorded in the last elections even though the party was robbed.

“I commend our national chairman because this is the first time we won more than one state clear,” he
said.

Okafor further applauded President Goodluck Jonathan, describing him “as a man of honour and integrity
who was bent on preserving Nigeria”.

He claimed that Jonathan did not want to contest the election for a second term but that those who eat from
the system pushed him into it.

“They were all there to see what they will get from the system unlike those who supported General Muhammudu
Buhari, who were too loyal to Buhari.

“Jonathan is a man and I hope Buhari will recognize his role in preserving the nation,” he added.

Okafor went on to advise the President-elect, Buhari, not to think that Igbo people did not support him in his election because if the four Igbo states had given President Jonathan more than 1.5 million votes each, he ought
not to have won the election.

On that basis, he advised Buhari to give Igbo people a say in his government. He also reminded Buhari that he is now the President of Nigeria and not President of APC.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/10/elections-labour-party-claims-it-was-robbed-of-victory-in-five-states/
Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by Ezenwammadu(m): 7:16pm On May 10, 2015
For more jokes send labour to 419

3 Likes

Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by Trailblazer1(m): 7:24pm On May 10, 2015
Whether Oby likes it or not GEJ will continue to be applauded for his peaceful stance before, during and after the election.

My ambition is not worth the life of any Nigerian -GEJ

This singular act is heroic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by omophunky(m): 7:35pm On May 10, 2015
ok
Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by theV0ice: 7:57pm On May 10, 2015
cheesy cheesy

Things I scooped from the write up

1. GEJ was 'forced' to contest this elections. HE NEVER WANTED a second term. I guess TAN is one of those that forced him.

2. Buhari has plenty genuine and true loyalists...unlike those that surround bros J.

3. PDP used Anyim who used guns and federal might to rig LP out of victory in Ebonyi.

4. The fact that GEJ didn't pull mega figures in SE unlike 2011 proves that GMB had some support in SE.

Lessons we'll taken grin
Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by baybeeboi: 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
where is Labour Party? Is it in Niger Republic?
Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by dunkem21(m): 8:57pm On May 10, 2015
I thought APC won in those states.
Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by Trailblazer1(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
Invoking the spirit of lalasticlala, Ishilove and other mods on duty cheesy cheesy
Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by richidinho(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2015
I saw Labour Party I tot you are reffering to the one in UK

Do we know Labour Party in Nigeria not to tlk of voting them into power?

They should park well jooor
Re: Elections: Labour Party Claims It Was Robbed Of Victory In Five States by modath(f): 9:47pm On May 10, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy

Labour party!!! Really ?? grin grin, A meeting of horned animals was called and the Snail too is angling for a prime sitting position, o ga gan oooooo cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Acres Of Land For Free / Check Out This Throwback Photo Of Gen, Theophilus Danjuma --- Elite Tribune / PDP To Source New Chairman From The North East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.