Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. (8539 Views)

Nigeria Economy Will Not Collapse - Okonjo-iweala Ngozi / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by eaglechild: 6:59am On May 11, 2015
One thing I like about NOI is the confidence she exudes and this is important for our economy.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by Gmbmyhero: 7:03am On May 11, 2015
This woman should stop fooling us. Jungle don mature. I won't be surprised when GMB launch u inside kirikiri. Wicked fellow. She only came to crumble the staggering economy
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by Rick9(m): 7:08am On May 11, 2015
This woman talk dey bite me for eye if I dey read them.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by ocelot2006(m): 7:09am On May 11, 2015
neutrotoba:
Will you just shut up ma?

Don't talk like you give a phurck about Nigeria's Economy anyway.

Go back to your job, and never come back to lobby for any appointment here.

Pleeeeaassssseee.

Lobby for what appointment? We're talking about a product from 2 IVY League schools, an academician, 2 time serving minister (Finance, Foreign Affairs, and Coordinating Minister of the Economy) and a former executive of the World Bank. What the Bleep do you have to offer when she probably is being disturbed by the UN, IMF, World Bank, ADB, and a tonne of Ivy League schools to take up top level posts there? Take you appointments and go shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by ocelot2006(m): 7:11am On May 11, 2015
Gmbmyhero:
This woman should stop fooling us. Jungle don mature. I won't be surprised when GMB launch u inside kirikiri. Wicked fellow. She only came to crumble the staggering economy

Keep dreaming about kirikiri. No one is touching NOI, including GMB.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by neutrotoba(m): 7:14am On May 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Lobby for what appointment? We're talking about a product from 2 IVY League schools, an academician, 2 time serving minister (Finance, Foreign Affairs, and Coordinating Minister of the Economy) and a former executive of the World Bank. What the Bleep do you have to offer when she probably is being disturbed by the UN, IMF, World Bank, ADB, and a tonne of Ivy League schools to take up top level posts there? Take you appointments and go shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
That's her family's Joy, not Nigerians'! She's been nothing close to a blessing to Nigeria with all that profile

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by blackandbold: 7:21am On May 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

one thing u should know is that uf u dance to the tune of theses international monetary organisation even to sell ur country's birthright..u will be considered for more post and position. ..
the economy is really on the verge of collapse.if the fg had ti borrow money tobmake up for salary payment. .what wud u call that? indeed na good legacy. .Mtwwew
now thatbabaishere, even if na just to probe he go do...make him make them accountable for their duties. .we meed to instill the spirit of accountability into people at the elms of affair and into nigeria as a whole. that cud make a lirrle difference in the way we handle people's resources
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by harrwix(m): 7:22am On May 11, 2015
This is what happens when good people move with the bad ones...they get their own cloak soiled
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by saintol(m): 7:30am On May 11, 2015
Will you tell us that it will collapse before? With this yah lie madam, i think the devil is a learner.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by torontoboy(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2015
How can something that was already collapsed collapse again! No be double wahala be dat? Arrant nonsense!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by marjson(m): 7:39am On May 11, 2015
ddeola:
Shut up and pack your load. You people have been lying to Nigerians ever since

Just go away with your incompetence and let serious-minded people come in jare

Nå so. Make she carry her come and chop cabinet dey go.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:51am On May 11, 2015
veraponpo:

I have never believed in this woman. The cluelessness of her boss complicated the issue.

How could a president hand over the whole economy or the country to a minister when you are still alive.

Those who says Jonathan has leadership acumen are slowpokes.

He has finally run the economy aground. How do you explain over #11 trillion debt and empty treasury?
That's the difference btw GEJ and OBJ. OBJ was able to tame her while GEJ gave her a freehand to do as she wanted and the result is what we are seeing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:54am On May 11, 2015
neutrotoba:
That's her family's Joy, not Nigerians'! She's been nothing close to a blessing to Nigeria with all that profile
Very true!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by akoaki(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2015
I didn't expect any of the officers of the outgoing government to still be talking. They should stop rubbing salt into our national wound.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by ocelot2006(m): 7:59am On May 11, 2015
blackandbold:

one thing u should know is that uf u dance to the tune of theses international monetary organisation even to sell ur country's birthright..u will be considered for more post and position. ..
the economy is really on the verge of collapse.if the fg had ti borrow money tobmake up for salary payment. .what wud u call that? indeed na good legacy. .Mtwwew
now thatbabaishere, even if na just to probe he go do...make him make them accountable for their duties. .we meed to instill the spirit of accountability into people at the elms of affair and into nigeria as a whole. that cud make a lirrle difference in the way we handle people's resources

The misconception you folks keep peddling is that NOI she came to do the bidding of these Brenton Wood institutions. 'last I checked, she may have worked for them, BUT worked for US as a Nigerian called to serve AND look after Nigeria's interest.

And you say the economy is on the verge of collapse. Care to back up your claim and are you privy to authentic information not known to the nation's economic team?

Oh BTW the outgoing administration already instilled the spirit of accountability AND transparency. Ever heard of the FoI Act?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by ocelot2006(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2015
neutrotoba:

THAT woman was responsible for Nigeria's debt relief from the Paris Club under the OBJ administration

THAT woman was responsible for Nigeria's ascention as the top spot as Africa's LARGEST economy.

THAT woman is responsible for this nation's rise as one of the FASTEST GROWING ECONOMIES IN THE WORLD (heard of MINT) and a choice destination for FDI.

Yet you have the audacity to say she has not been a blessing to this great nation? Do tell, how have YOU personally blessed Nigeria? Until you've achieved same feat as her, I suggest you keep mum.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by neutrotoba(m): 8:19am On May 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

THAT woman was responsible for Nigeria's debt relief from the Paris Club under the OBJ administration

THAT woman was responsible for Nigeria's ascention as the top spot as Africa's LARGEST economy.

THAT woman is responsible for this nation's rise as one of the FASTEST GROWING ECONOMIES IN THE WORLD (heard of MINT) and a choice destination for FDI.

Yet you have the audacity to say she has not been a blessing to this great nation? Do tell, how have YOU personally blessed Nigeria? Until you've achieved same feat as her, I suggest you keep mum.
1. You can not tell me when to talk and when not to talk!

2. What the Phurk is Economic Growth when citizens are still finding it difficult to afford the necessities of life, when a USD goes for 199naira... Man, if you are going to sing your hero's praise, do it without mentioning economic growth, it's actually a subject of mockery for South Africans!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by dom(m): 8:24am On May 11, 2015
How come the Judiciary has not been paid April salary up till now.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by ocelot2006(m): 8:41am On May 11, 2015
neutrotoba:
1. You can not tell me when to talk and when not to talk!

2. What the Phurk is Economic Growth when citizens are still finding it difficult to afford the necessities of life, when a USD goes for 199naira... Man, if you are going to sing your hero's praise, do it without mentioning economic growth, it's actually a subject of mockery for South Africans!

What mockery by which South Africans when their own economy is going down the tubes? Whether you like it or not, NOI has achieved a lot, the economy inclusive. If you don't like it, go jump off a cliff.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by neutrotoba(m): 8:53am On May 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

What mockery by which South Africans when their own economy is going down the tubes? Whether you like it or not, NOI has achieved a lot, the economy inclusive. If you don't like it, go jump off a cliff.
Since you prefer to go down the path of destruction than speak like a gentleman... so be it
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by Don4eva(m): 10:25am On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I thought this is the only good woman in Gejs team because of her previous occupation but she has proved me wrong
How did she prove you wrong?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by nortcentrallord(m): 10:26am On May 11, 2015
Tbillz:
India and China has been blessed with high definition eyes to see their population as a blessing which they capitalize on to boost their economy which makes it very robust and admirable, with all due respect madam you always dream of a good economy for Nigeria but I still doubt if you are taking very good advantage of Nigeria's population. The population is not yet a blessing to our economy rather a lacuna!

As you rightly said, China Is the present world economic power yet many of their citizens are poor. If you have ever been to china villages you will get to understand me. Stopping in Shenzen and Hong Kong will not give you a true picture of the state of things there yet they are the world economic power. That should make you understand that economic growth doesn't go in tandem with improved slandered of living. For a country like Nigeria With so much decay and the present fall in crude oil price, it will take up to 30 years for any visible impact to be made. You don't expect magic in 5 years of GEJ's administration neither are my expecting magic in the next 4 years. The foundation is always the hard part of the building.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by iretiland: 10:31am On May 11, 2015
This overrated more of a liability than asset woman needs help. She has been the worst dissappointed to some of us who highly regarded her coming to GEJ's admin as a plus for Nigeria. She is as bad and dishonest as it gets.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by Don4eva(m): 10:34am On May 11, 2015
PassingShot:
This woman is a m.o.r.o.n.

At the minimum, NOI needs to be questioned on how she managed the nation's income. She must be the starting point for GMB's fight to recover our stolen monies.

Yes the economy will not collapse because we have sent your team packing. If not, the economy is headed in the wrong direction and would have collapsed in a few months time. An economy that borrows money to pay her employees is surely headed for collapse.

You don't want us to panic but just few days back you told us how you and other ministers developed "hypertension" in struggling to pay FG employees. And this was after you reassured Nigerians late last year that the economy was doing great!

The good legacies your team, headed by GEJ is leaving behind are a far cry compared to the bad legacies when juxtaposed with what the country earned in the almost six years of this doomed administration.
I respect your opinion, she said the economy was doing well last year but don't forget oil price droped by half. Its gonna take time to stablize knowing fully well that's the main source of revenue. She can't be a magician to stablize an economy that recieves half of what it used to get. Please let's be reasonable, GEJ surrounded himself with wolves but definetely not this woman, only few can do what she has done already
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by PassingShot(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2015
Don4eva:
I respect your opinion, she said the economy was doing well last year but don't forget oil price droped by half. Its gonna take time to stablize knowing fully well that's the main source of revenue. She can't be a magician to stablize an economy that recieves half of what it used to get. Please let's be reasonable, GEJ surrounded himself with wolves but definetely not this woman, only few can do what she has done already

What do you mean? She reassured of the economy performance in Oct 2014 when oil price had already started falling.
http://bioreports.net/news/nigeria-economy-is-doing-well-says-okonjo-iweala/

Btw, my problem with her is to come back just after two days of telling us that the FG is struggling to meet recurrent expenditures; to now tell us that the economy is doing fine again. Must she speak from both sides of her mouth?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by uyplus(m): 12:53pm On May 11, 2015
So, what has the administration achieved when oil was selling at 140? Stop telling us about decline in oil price, bit about what was achieved when oil was selling @$140 per barrel.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by tosmartak(m): 2:40pm On May 11, 2015
Seuncoded:
Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Sunday night said that despite the various challenges facing the country, the national economy will not collapse.

The minister, in a statement issued by her Special Adviser on Communications, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu, said this during a chat with some journalists.

In the statement, she said that the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan had put in place solid economic legacies for the incoming government, noting that allegations that the economy was in ruins were untrue.

She said, “Despite the economic challenges the country is facing, the Jonathan administration is leaving some solid economic legacies for the incoming Buhari government. So, the allegations that the economy is in ruins are absolutely untrue.

“The significant achievements in several sectors attest to this. We cannot take away the fact that the Jonathan administration, in spite of the challenges caused by 50 per cent decline in the price of oil, has made a clear and measurable difference in many important areas and anyone who says nothing has been done and nothing is being left behind is being very unfair to facts and to history.

“Attempts to rewrite history will not stand. You cannot just wipe the slate clean for political reasons. We are not perfect but no one can take away the fact that we are leaving some good legacies behind.”

The minister also advised politicians and opinion leaders not to denigrate the economy because negative and false comments on the economy could have negative impact the economy, the exchange rate, the stock market and reduce investor confidence.

She said, “These negative and unsubstantiated comments are not wise because they can lead to what we do not want for the economy.

“There is nothing wrong with factual assessments of the economy; I have always told Nigerians the truth about the economy. But sweeping and negative statements are not in the interest of the country.”

http://www.talkafricanews..in/2015/05/nigerias-economy-wont-collapse-okonjo.html

can someone please just tell this woman to shut up already?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by Image123(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

The misconception you folks keep peddling is that NOI she came to do the bidding of these Brenton Wood institutions. 'last I checked, she may have worked for them, BUT worked for US as a Nigerian called to serve AND look after Nigeria's interest.

And you say the economy is on the verge of collapse. Care to back up your claim and are you privy to authentic information not known to the nation's economic team?

Oh BTW the outgoing administration already instilled the spirit of accountability AND transparency. Ever heard of the FoI Act?
What FoI? The one that hid the PWC audit report or the one shielding the Acts of boko haram? Naira to dollar rate and inability of state and federal government to pay salaries, fuel scarcity and over 50% of Nigerians living in poverty. What economy exactly, paper economy or what?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 11, 2015
the worst finance minister to date. angry
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala. by Oiselenjakhian(m): 4:23pm On May 11, 2015
Hello I am a programmer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. We are multimedia studio with a passion for telling African stories from an African perspective.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arc. Darius Dickson Ishaku Has Won The Governor In Taraba State / No Court Sacked Me, I Am Still In C’River Guber Race – Gov. Ayade / Yerima Abbas Shettima: Why Our Support Is For Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.