Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch (1527 Views)

Gbajabiamila Donates 5 Cars To 5 People In Surulere (pics) / Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila / Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by OduaVanguard: 7:21am On May 11, 2015
A leader of the All Progressives Congress in the North-West, has said that the zone’s candidate in the race for the Speaker, House of Representatives, Abdulmumin Jibrin, will step down for the South-West candidate, Femi Gbajabiamila.

The chieftain, who is also a ranking senator-elect, told our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday that the party leaders, in a bid to ensure that the South-West produce the speaker, had agreed to convince Jibrin to run as deputy to Gbajabiamila.

Our correspondent observed that the figure of both zones in the House of Representatives is almost half of the entire population of the lawmakers in the lower chamber.

The senator, who preferred anonymity, said that both Gbajabiamila and Jibrin would address a joint news conference at the Oyo/Osun hall at the Transcorp Hotel in Abuja on Monday (today) by 11.00am.

He said, “With this development, the APC has effectively resolved the issue of speaker and deputy speaker respectively in the House of Representatives. It is now left for it to resolve the Senate issue.

“The calculation is that if the North-East emerges as Senate President, and the South-West gets the Speaker, no aspirant from the North-East can emerge Deputy Speaker. It will automatically go to the North-West.”

When contacted, Jibrin said, “I am ready to abide by the decision of the party in the interest of Nigeria.”

Meanwhile, cracks seemed to have emerged within the North-East caucus of the party with some of them throwing their weights behind Senator AhmadLawan, while others are pitching their tents with either SenatorsDanjuma Goje and Ali Ndume.

Eleven out of the 13 APC senators elect for the 8th Senate from the North East geo-political zone had 11 days ago, precisely May 1, 2015, vehemently kicked against the endorsement their counterparts from the North West zone.

The eleven senators led by Goje ( Gombe Central) submitted at the media briefing where they disowned Lawan, that though as Senators from the North East, they wanted the APC national leadership to zone the post to the zone, they were completely against the endorsement of Ahmad Lawan by the 20 APC senators-elect from the North-West.

Surprisingly on Friday, one of the arrow heads of the anti-Lawan endorsement, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, issued a statement on behalf of the Yobe lawmakers in the National Assembly, endorsing Lawan’s ambition.

http://www.punchng.com/news/speakership-north-west-backs-gbajabiamila/
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by Nobody: 7:23am On May 11, 2015
that will still not stop their fights
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by sunkoye: 7:39am On May 11, 2015
ie saraki should stir clear of SP seat. cool
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by wachakuta(m): 7:46am On May 11, 2015
Ghen Ghen
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by Boscojugunu(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2015
I love gbajabiamila
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by emiye(m): 9:15am On May 11, 2015
payback time, the west backed tambuwal in 2011.

Gbaja still needs at least 30% of PDP legislators vote and like 70% of north central APC votes.

1 Like

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by VirginFinder: 9:23am On May 11, 2015
Where is the hateful, envious, jealous, loud-mouthed, empty chest-beating, intrinsically senseless ibo crew?

11 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by okiezman(m): 9:23am On May 11, 2015
Is only them that knows
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by FreeGlobe(f): 9:24am On May 11, 2015
South west newspaper promoting south west candidate
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by owobokiri(m): 9:32am On May 11, 2015
More like slaves salivating at the prospect of a 'big' crumb crashing down from the masters table. . Is Osidabe (thanks buhari) still waiting to hear of a breaking news that somebody has died of a heart attack at the defence biulding? It must be cold at the Lagos house in Abuja. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by winniz: 9:39am On May 11, 2015
It's obvious thief.nubu wants his puppet to become the house of rep speaker hence the reason the SW media are trying so hard 4 him to emerge the winner.
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by AmucheJane(f): 10:06am On May 11, 2015
VirginFinder:
Where is the hateful, envious, jealous, loud-mouthed, empty chest-beating, intrinsically senseless ibo crew?

You must be a fool, who called igbo in this topic? You will die of hatred for igbo's and we no send. Na jealous go kill you and your kind, nomatter what we igbo's will always go high. Who even no which tribe you are u don't even have a name, maybe one mad man from nowhere pregnanted you. The next time you will type nonsense about igbo, thunder go fire you, foolish idiot. I don't even give a dam if one foolish person bans me, because I don't see the reason why they will allow people create stupid topics about igbo's & say nonsense about igbos. Am proudly an igbo girl, what am I even saying, proudly a Biafran girl.

4 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by abduljabbar4(m): 10:08am On May 11, 2015
Mogidi, sweetguy and temi temi I hope you are reading.

2 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by Nobody: 10:18am On May 11, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Take heart dear.

Please assist me in counting the blessings of the SW:

VP + House Leader
South Nigerian ethnic to have the highest numbers of minsters
South Nigerian ethnic set to get more appointment more other southerners
.....AND MUCH MORE

RELAX. More blessings from the SW will push more of you to suicide inside the Lagoon. Once again, RELAX. !!

4 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by truefact: 11:07am On May 11, 2015
VirginFinder:

Is just because your master want dash you something..
Why can't you always be man enough to demand what is rightfully yours...Always remember Yoruba should have equal share of Nigeria if they are not coward.... forget Igbo in this case...we all know the story...Igbos are not an equal partner. ..we are agree because of biafra
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by Nobody: 11:12am On May 11, 2015
Let the Legislature decides who leads it without interference.
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:19am On May 11, 2015
Abdulmumin Jibrin wasn't serious in contesting the Speakership position hence this is no news.

I want Gbajabiamila as the speaker to protect Southern interests in the 8th Assembly but I am worried and yet to believe that Northwest legislators will prefer a Southwesterner to a Northeasterner in a secret ballot election.

Let's wait till 6th June, 2015

1 Like

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by hopilo: 11:52am On May 11, 2015
South west beware, PDP from SS,SE have agreeda block vote for the northern candidate.
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:56am On May 11, 2015
If this is about zoning the rep from the Norh-East will get the slot.
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by abduljabbar4(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2015
AmucheJane:
You must be a fool, who called igbo in this topic? You will die of hatred for igbo's and we no send. Na jealous go kill you and your kind, nomatter what we igbo's will always go high. Who even no which tribe you are u don't even have a name, maybe one mad man from nowhere pregnanted you. The next time you will type nonsense about igbo, thunder go fire you, foolish idiot. I don't even give a dam if one foolish person bans me, because I don't see the reason why they will allow people create stupid topics about igbo's & say nonsense about igbos. Am proudly an igbo girl, what am I even saying, proudly a Biafran girl.
Chai. Take tinz easy ok? We all know that the igbos are the most hard working that's why 8 of them are waiting for their awards in Indonesia. That's your style, go abroad, if you succeed in your crime, come back and shout Igbo kwenu grin

1 Like

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by VirginFinder: 12:00pm On May 11, 2015
owobokiri:
More like slaves salivating at the prospect of a 'big' crumb crashing down from the masters table. . Is Osidabe (thanks buhari) still waiting to hear of a breaking news that somebody has died of a heart attack at the defence biulding? It must be cold at the Lagos house in Abuja. .

hahahahahahaha

A case of sour grapes?

Thought you all said SW will be outmuscled by the north?

Thought you all said SE/SS were ready to play spoiler?

Isnt it about time you guys bowed to Tinubu's political prowess?

You guys are just dumb!
If the NC (Yoruba) gets the Senate Presidency, then the NE will agitate for Speakership.
But if the NE (Ahmed Lawan) gets the Senate Presidency, then the SW must get the Speakership.
Hence, it's a win-win for we Yorubas.

Meanwhile, thanks for answering my call and proving my initial post right afterall.

3 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by VirginFinder: 12:18pm On May 11, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
If this is about zoning the rep from the Norh-East will get the slot.

It seems only one APC candidate will emerge. And he is no other than Femi Gbajabiamila.

A lot also depends on who clinches the Senate Presidency.
The North East can NEVER have both the Senate Presidency and the Speakership.
In the same vein, it'll be difficult for Yoruba to be no 2,3(NC) & 4.

My concern is ibos' readiness to play spoiler is crumbling on their heads day by day.
The Yorubas they are patiently waiting to stab in the back have got absolutely nothing to lose here.

hahahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by VirginFinder: 12:19pm On May 11, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Eh ya!
Pele!!

4 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 11, 2015
AmucheJane:

The most intriguing and sad thing about the igbos is not the fact that they are complete and utter failures as a people, it's that their people actually believe their failure is worthy of envy. "The worst of you is he who doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know." Tell me one positive area where you're better than the other two major tribes in this country with emphasis on positive.

3 Likes

Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:24pm On May 11, 2015
VirginFinder:

It seems only one APC candidate will emerge. And he is no other than Femi Gbajabiamila.

A lot also depends on who clinches the Senate Presidency.
The North East can NEVER have both the Senate Presidency and the Speakership.
In the same vein, it'll be difficult for Yoruba to be no 2,3(NC) & 4.

My concern is ibos' readiness to play spoiler is crumbling on their heads day by day.
The Yorubas they are patiently waiting to stab in the back have got absolutely nothing to lose here.

hahahahahahaha
Forget that talk of the NE not having both positions. Both houses will have their session on the same day where their leaders will be elected so anything can happen but if Saraki clinches Senate then it's a sure deal for Dogara from NE to have the House and also the PDP will like to mess things up for Tinubu and South-West to make the APC divided.
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by ki02020(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2015
This is what i call politics......feeling the Heat.......anyway gbajabiamila for speaker
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by baralatie(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2015
FreeGlobe:
the magomago don start!

oh no!May 29 o!!
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by baralatie(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Forget that talk of the NE not having both positions. Both houses will have their session on the same day where their leaders will be elected so anything can happen but if Saraki clinches Senate then it's a sure deal for Dogara from NE to have the House and also the PDP will like to mess things up for Tinubu and South-West to make the APC divided.
PDP go cause wahala!
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by VirginFinder: 12:39pm On May 11, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Why do you ibos like using northern-like monikers thereby camouflaging as northerners?

Na wa for una o.

Anyway, the NW(Jibrin) will rather have the Speakership rather than step down for the SW only for the NE to emerge as both Senate President and Speaker.

Reps dare not disobey their governors! At least, northern/SW reps!!

PDP reps are majorly SS/South Easterners. They dont really have a say.

NE can NEVER have both Senate Presidency and Speakership!
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2015
VirginFinder:

Why do you ibos like using northern-like monikers thereby camouflaging as northerners?

Na wa for una o.

Anyway, the NW(Jibrin) will rather have the Speakership rather than step down for the SW only for the NE to emerge as both Senate President and Speaker.

Reps dare not disobey their governors! At least, northern/SW reps!!

PDP reps are majorly SS/South Easterners. They dont really have a say.

NE can NEVER have both Senate Presidency and Speakership!
And where in my post did I claim the NE will have two positions? If the SW has VP and Speaker how many positions does that leave them with?
I would like Femi Gbaja to get that job if it's about competence but if every thing comes to zoning, he stands no chance
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by VirginFinder: 1:12pm On May 11, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

And where in my post did I claim the NE will have two positions? If the SW has VP and Speaker how many positions does that leave them with?
I would like Femi Gbaja to get that job if it's about competence but if every thing comes to zoning, he stands no chance

VP is in the executive.

Zoning will ensure that only one APC candidate emerges!

As it stands, Jibrin and Dogara may step down.

As regards competence, Femi Gbajabiamila is miles ahead!!
Re: Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch by AhmedMustapha(m): 1:19pm On May 11, 2015
VirginFinder:

VP is in the executive.

Zoning will ensure that only one APC candidate emerges!

As it stands, Jibrin and Dogara may step down.

As regards competence, Femi Gbajabiamila is miles ahead!!
Executive is also part of zoning. That's why lawmakers from NW are not really showing interest because they have the Presidency (zoning). Like I said if it's about competence Femi will have it but Dogara won't step down for anyone and he seems to have support from PDP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Petitions Against Wike / Distrust Brewing Between Buhari And Osibanjo / History Of Christianity: Osiris To Oserapis Christus ;finally To Jesus Christ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.