Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust (15850 Views)

2017 Budget Is A Budget That Goes For More Debt -sanusi II / How We Were Pressured To Squander $18bn- Jonathan / How We Were Pressured To Squander $18bn Excess Crude Saving — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mbulela: 8:39pm On May 11, 2015
Especially if you are not Greece
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mbulela: 8:42pm On May 11, 2015
mmsen:

Not all of the roads are substandard, they're a welcome improvement. As are the airports.
Clearly money has been wasted, I cannot believe how much both parties managed to spend before and during the elections but compared to previous administrations more has been built in terms of infrastructure.
Which airport?
I was in enugu and I Saw a substandard thing that celebrates mediocrity.
The one in Port-Harcourt is a proof that Oduah never meant well for this country.
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mmsen: 8:50pm On May 11, 2015
mbulela:
Especially if you ate not Greece
Which airport?
I was in enugu and I Saw a substandard thing that celebrates mediocrity.
The one in Port-Harcourt is a proof that Oduah never meant well for this country.

I did not say that they were marvellous structures, just that they were better than they were previously.

Abuja is being expanded, MMIA is being expanded. Calabar airport is improved.

Fact is, because of the press freedom in Nigeria that was not there previously we now know how much is being wasted. That too is an improvement.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by Yemiolads(f): 8:55pm On May 11, 2015
Nigerians are going places! This Igbo guy might just end up being UK's next prime minister in the near future. Watchout! http://www.opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/must-read-chuka-umunna-nigerian-that.html
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by Fourwinds: 9:29pm On May 11, 2015
Jonathan and ur team., u have questions to answer in God's presence. U ruined dis country.
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 11, 2015
One chance Jona grin grin grin grin After the PWC report, nothing surprises me any more

1 Like

Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mrmetoo1: 11:07pm On May 11, 2015
What exactly did they use all this money for?? As in this administration inherited healthy reserves, they experienced the biggest oil boom. Luck really shun on Goodluck but what did we end up with, debt with nothing to show for it. Money they inherited in reserves, chopped, money they made from the high oil price chopped, that wasn't enough they went ahead to borrow money to chop as well. It's like a curse. Nigeria was set for growth like never experienced in Africa before but we're not better off than we were, we could actually argue we're worse off.
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by samtechcomm: 5:46am On May 12, 2015
Do u know u can get affordable data from p.tech communications! It works on all devices
mtn
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
Etisalat,airtel, glo
500mb @ 500
1gb @800
2gb @ 1500
All Valid 4 30days
Call Chris on 08109910475
BBM 55BD07F3 . Larger sizes available.
Plz rebroadcast
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mbulela: 7:30am On May 12, 2015
naijababe:
One chance Jona grin grin grin grin After the PWC report, nothing surprises me any more
Try and read the one going on at NPA/Intels axis.
See a recent post of mine.
I am not even sure Buhari stands a chance no matter how good his intentions are. The mess is too much.
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mbulela: 7:45am On May 12, 2015
mmsen:

I did not say that they were marvellous structures, just that they were better than they were previously.

Abuja is being expanded, MMIA is being expanded. Calabar airport is improved.

Fact is, because of the press freedom in Nigeria that was not there previously we now know how much is being wasted. That too is an improvement.
You are scrapping the bottom of the pit.
Mmia that they can not sort out ordinary cooling and solitary conveyor belt,yet you are talking of expansion.
Press freedom is nothing new. As bad as Obasanjo is, people criticized his govt and info was available. Let us not act like Jona invented press freedom.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mbulela: 7:49am On May 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:
What exactly did they use all this money for?? As in this administration inherited healthy reserves, they experienced the biggest oil boom. Luck really shun on Goodluck but what did we end up with, debt with nothing to show for it. Money they inherited in reserves, chopped, money they made from the high oil price chopped, that wasn't enough they went ahead to borrow money to chop as well. It's like a curse. Nigeria was set for growth like never experienced in Africa before but we're not better off than we were, we could actually argue we're worse off.
You are talking about a potential Nobel Peace prize winner. So watch your tongue.
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mrmetoo1: 8:09am On May 12, 2015
mbulela:

You are talking about a potential Nobel Peace prize winner. So watch your tongue.

Schuks!! How dare me? I almost forgot. He's the greatest man in the world
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:26am On May 12, 2015
mbulela:

Try and read the one going on at NPA/Intels axis.
See a recent post of mine.
I am not even sure Buhari stands a chance no matter how good his intentions are. The mess is too much.

I am sure that one has Atiku's name all over it. Can you provide a link?
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by mbulela: 9:15am On May 12, 2015
Re: Nigeria No More Debt Free: Federal Debt Up By $18bn Under 4 Years- Daily Trust by oseniafeez(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2015
PDP don try biko,#3trillion debt...That's another achievement frm 0ga Jona..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Apologises, Promised To Release 1500 Trucks Daily.. / Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) / Prof Ben Nwabueze Is No Longer One Of Us, He Has Joined The Enemy Camp - IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.