Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! (1055 Views)

Nigerians Are The Most Respectful People In The World! / Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? / Igbo Kids Are The Most Respectful In Nigeria, What Do U Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2009
Ok ok. I know you'll hate me for calling you out instead of going to the direct responsibles, but honestly I believe talking to a them is a waste of time, so I am appealing to your sense of judgement to please try and reduce the number of fights on this board.

I know we'll have topics about atrocities being done to women in the world and the next John thomas will jump up to say it's for our good, but all the same let's find a diplomatic way (i guess this the new vogue) to debate without resorting to insults in various local languages, because if I see any script in a different language other than English in an English thread, I am deleting it. Una fit dey insult me too! grin

So girls, let's show these guys that we are wiser, cooler and absolutely indifferent to their lack of proper training because as well all know they will all end in jail for killing someone.

PS: A RIP in advance for those women that will lose their lives to these barbarians.

Good day!

I am referring in particular to this thread. The offenders know themselves

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160981.0.html

Take a look at the rules here:

Nairaland Rules And Regulations
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by echelon(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2009
Ladies and Boys
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2009
echelon:

Ladies and Boys

tongue Behave maturedly and I'll give you the deserved respect.

From what I have observed here guys have the habit of taking things too personal. This forum is not your household and the women here aren't your wives, so they don't owe you any respect of anykind. They only one they could give you is that of an individual to another individual. I have seen the guys' habit of using offensive terms and expressions specially made to insult and degrade their womanhood as if they were not women enough for speaking in a way instead of another. In this forum and in this board sexes are not limit to people's opinion. What matters is what a person feels about a topic and everyone should be able to accept it.

I have cautioned the ladies to try and avoid situations whereby a fight might burst but I am also keeping my eyes on your guys.
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2009
Michelin, seperate your role as a moderator from your biasness, like other moderators.
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by earTHMama: 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2009
Any problem?. Isn't that thread supposed to be dead?
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2009
HeatFusion:

Michelin, seperate your role as a moderator from your biasness, like other moderators.

Biasness? So I am biased you say?

Prove me wrong and I'll stop being biased. Until then i am not giving in to any offensive behaviour from any one on this board. You are right, I am a moderator and will do anything in my power to make this board a peaceful place.
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2009
michelin89:

Biasness? So I am biased you say?

Prove me wrong and I'll stop being biased. Until then i am not giving in to any offensive behaviour from any one on this board. You are right, I am a moderator and will do anything in my power to make this board a peaceful place.

Ladies and Boys? Quite disrespectful to gentlemen on these boards.
It's quite sad when you wish to see all of them as bouys.

Anywaz, was there any reason why 98% of the posts in "If You Can Speak Yoruba. . . ." thread was deleted?
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by spikedcylinder: 5:20am On Feb 08, 2009
Isn't that thread really old?
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by bawomolo(m): 5:51am On Feb 08, 2009
ladies and Boys? The mod is definitely setting a good example
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2009
see person wey talk of respect but she's gone ahead to shoot herself in the foot by posting garbage.
you talk of respect but you've gone ahead to disrespect 'boys'

going by ur thread you said you are referring to a particular thread. so what happens to other threads where people lambast and lampoon others? are you going to turn a blind eye?

by the way, the majority of nairaland users dont take things on here personal so ur ramblings about respect and/or disrespect is hog wash.
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by SeanT21(f): 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2009
How R u gonna call them "Boys" and turn around and ask people them to be respectful!!
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2009
SeanT21:

How R u gonna call them "Boys" and turn around and ask people them to be respectful!!

Why should I call them gentlemen, when there is nothing gentle about them?

@ omo ibo

Na you know!
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by MrCrackles(m): 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2009
michelin89:

At the end of the day, you are still wrong, especially with the title of the thread!
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by JJYOU: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2009
the wonders of NL
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
Ok! I go change am! But----I still dey watch una!  tongue grin
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2009
michelin89:

I'm very gentle. wink

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2009
Siena:

I'm very gentle. wink

DeltaVAGTM

Bros there are always exceptions!
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Pepeye(f): 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2009
wink
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by bawomolo(m): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2009
michelin89:

I don't know why you choose to be stubborn. You changed the title of the thread but you still continue to put up an irritating feminist front.
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 08, 2009
bawomolo:

I don't know why you choose to be stubborn. You changed the title of the thread but you still continue to put up an irritating feminist front.

Bami, of course you detest me. You are a chauvinist yourself!
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by bawomolo(m): 12:04am On Feb 09, 2009
michelin89:

Bami, of course you detest me. You are a chauvinist yourself!

Ad Hominem

What makes me a Chauvinist? because i called you upon your BS. You are nothing but an hypocrite if you expect to be respected as a woman while generalizing the opposite sex as "boys"
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by MaiSuya(m): 12:33am On Feb 09, 2009
OMO IBO:

see person wey talk of respect but she's gone ahead to shoot herself in the foot by posting garbage.
you talk of respect but you've gone ahead to disrespect 'boys'

going by ur thread you said you are referring to a particular thread. so what happens to other threads where people lambast and lampoon others? are you going to turn a blind eye?

by the way, the majority of nairaland users dont take things on here personal so ur ramblings about respect and/or disrespect is hog wash.

bawomolo:

Ad Hominem

What makes me a Chauvinist? because i called you upon your BS. You are nothing but an hypocrite if you expect to be respected as a woman while generalizing the opposite sex as "boys"

kai! kai!  shocked shocked na mod . . .modra . . . modaa menene I just dey bash am like zees? una no dey fya?
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by NegroNtns(m): 1:07am On Feb 09, 2009
Michelin,

Na you be dis? Long time no see o! grin Congrats on becoming moderator. Let me know if anybody make trouble for you my dear. Look in politics if you no see me then I am asleep.
Re: Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
bawomolo:

Ad Hominem

oh go cool down boy! tongue Wetin you wan do? Beat me? hissssss! Na only for woman body una get power! grin

Mai Suya:

kai! kai!  shocked shocked na mod . . .modra . . . modaa menene I just dey bash am like zees? una no dey fya?

Leave mod for that side. I am speaking as a member now. This topic is like any other one so if they want make them come. I ready for them.

Negro_Ntns:

Michelin,

Na you be dis? Long time no see o! grin Congrats on becoming moderator. Let me know if anybody make trouble for you my dear. Look in politics if you no see me then I am asleep.

Na me ooo. Thank you. Nor worry you know say I nor get allies for this place. I dey fight my battles alone and I nor fear. All these area boys wey wan come dey mess with my sissis go hear wen.

Anyway sha, when the tin don go really sour I go call you make you help me warm the soup small! grin

(1) (Reply)

Superstitions About Cooking Moin-moin / A Modern Philosophy Of Identity / Nigeria: British Royals Salute Crown Prince Eheneden Erediauwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.