Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? (949 Views)

The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) / 15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? by tpiadotcom: 7:09pm On May 11, 2015
Oftentimes you find the literal meaning is not the actual meaning, this has tricked or is it confused many.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? by tpiadotcom: 7:10pm On May 11, 2015
I just went through some of the threads on Yoruba names, and I noticed many people were just guessing at meanings anyhow, coming up with some very weird stuff.

I think you might have to be a very deep Yoruba speaker before you can get the precise meaning of some names. Its not that easy.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? by tpiadotcom: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? by tpiander: 2:36am On Oct 13, 2015
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? by tpiadotcom: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
. . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? by MightySparrow: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2015
Ask Ifa Oracle on Google
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Get The Actual Meaning Of Yoruba Names? by tpiadotcom: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
Are you an Ifa worshipper?

(1) (Reply)

Beauty And The Beast 2 / Leboku Festival What I Saw....you Need To See This / Tallest Statue In Nigeria Unveiled At Ife And Named After Moremi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.