Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:48 PM

Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) (12416 Views)

ABIA STATE: GOD's OWN STATE.(official State Thread) / Has "God's Own State" Finally Woken Up? / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
customized13:
I will only join in this thread if you will promise us of sustaining it.
ofcos with your help we will keep it rolling
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
Understanding the problems of Aba…

Aba have been a weeping city even before the creation of Nigeria. It was used by the British colonial government to transport agricultural goods from the hinterlands to Port Harcourt. The city was mostly regarded by the Brits as slum due to the swampy nature of the area,this lead to the creation of GRA and the school of hygiene(now School of health technology Aba). The early development of the commercial city was disorderly due to the neglect by the colonial govt, because of which there have been some flood disasters eg Ndi ogoro flood disaster. This prompt the immediate actions by the administrations of Major general Ike O. Nwachukwu and Admiral Ndubuisi Kalu of the then east central state to pioneer the planning of Aba in The 70's. By the early 80's during the Administration of Chief S. O. Mbakwe Aba was one of the most planned cites in Nigeria...

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
Scholes007:
ofcos with your help we will keep it rolling the thread rolling
I will visit abia soon, will get lots of pictures.

In the meantime, I have got the last update on abia mall, umauhai.

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
grin

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
cool

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
customized13:
I will visit abia soon, will get lots of pictures.

In the meantime, I have got the last update on abia mall, umuahia.
Thanks bro...I will Appreciate if you have the latest pictures of the New govt house (possibly All the new govt properties in Igurube layout)
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
customized13:
grin
I am so happy now
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
Scholes007:
Thanks bro...I will Appreciate if you have the latest pictures of the New govt house (possibly All the new govt properties in Igurube layout)
I will get them, I have pics of ogurube layout I took last year though, will also get the recent pix of abia shopping mall.
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 12:00am On Jun 15, 2015
customized13:
I will get them, I have pics of ogurube layout I took last year though, will also get the recent pix of abia shopping mall.
wink wink wink
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:02am On Jun 15, 2015
Abians,take caution; The Op is a tribalistic and hateful Yoruba whom you must treat like a poisonous snake!!!!!!!!
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 15, 2015
Scholes007:
wink wink wink
just praying this governor performs unlike TA orji so we can have lots of pictures here.
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by kettykings: 12:03am On Jun 15, 2015
Please what eventually happened to Aba metallurgical complex and the Aba glass, 2 industries that Mbakwe wanted to use and speed up the development of the state
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by nonaira: 12:05am On Jun 15, 2015
All this are the people's work, not the government. Abia is doing okay because of the people. They gotta thank God they are industrialized mimdset. They've been cheesed with terrible leaders for God knows when . I hope the new administration would be different

1 Like

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by nonaira: 12:08am On Jun 15, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Abians,take caution; The Op is a tribalistic and hateful Yoruba whom you must treat like a poisonous snake!!!!!!!!

I think you are mistaking him for the spyder880 dude. Go through schloes post, he's Igbo, probably from Abia
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 15, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
just went through op's posts, I use to see a moniker like this too that is always throwing jabs at igbos, but I seem not to find such in his posts.
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 15, 2015
nonaira:

I think you are mistaking him for the spyder880 dude. Go through schloes post, he's Igbo, probably from Abia
I think someone cloned his moniker.
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 12:14am On Jun 15, 2015
kettykings:
Please what eventually happened to Aba metallurgical complex and the Aba glass, 2 industries that Mbakwe wanted to use and speed up the development of the state
it has been Abandoned by the successive administrations especially the last
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 12:16am On Jun 15, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
pls I am not scholes07... And pls desist from mentioning Yoruba here
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by ObinnaIzuora: 12:16am On Jun 15, 2015
[s]
OdenigboAroli:
[/s]

Shut up bigot, must everyone be Yoruba? You will just die cos of Yoruba matter. Mumu

3 Likes

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 12:19am On Jun 15, 2015
customized13:
just praying this governor performs unlike TA orji so we can have lots of pictures here.
where do you think he should focus more on?

kettykings, OdenigboAroli, ObinnaIzuora, nonaira
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:21am On Jun 15, 2015
ObinnaIzuora:
[s][/s]

Shut up bigot, must everyone be Yoruba? You will just die cos of Yoruba matter. Mumu

Oh,I am so scared of you,bbiittch! Your hate and insecurity will destroy you,too ever!

1 Like

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by BLOTRS: 12:33am On Jun 15, 2015
The best thread i've ever seen in this section, i like the design of the entrance to ab mall, it speak volumes...mods pls move this thread to fp.....we need our people here
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by kettykings: 12:46am On Jun 15, 2015
Scholes007:

If the governor has the bile, liver and wit he should face the goliath and start work on the sea port in ukwa ,get the paperwork done and approved , he should get support financial loan from a foreign body or at least partner with akwa ibom in their sea port project or at least show interest and particularly create awareness.

This will make him the most important governor from the east like Micheal Okpara, Sam Mbakwe ,Akanu Ibiam.

Alternatively he can take Aba products to a new and acceptable level, invite more investments to Aba, build newer industrial estates and business districts in Aba and umuahia.

Aba needs the following in no particular order, steel plant to churn out steel products for the oil services company and oil and gas industry , glass furnace for the numerous breweries now that electricity is stablising and a small refinery to power the growth.
Aba used to be the second most industrialised city after lagos now aba has not measured up due to neglect and visionless regimes previously.
Abia has no issues with security so he has less headache. Aba also has little issues with unemployment. So Abia needs to focus on its core area of IGR to kick start growth and development.
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by ObinnaIzuora: 1:01am On Jun 15, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Oh,I am so scared of you,bbiittch! Your hate and insecurity will destroy you,too ever!

Why should you be scared little man, The man is not Yoruba but you are trying to link him to something else, you are a shameless bigot. Ugly animal.

3 Likes

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 15, 2015
Scholes007:

hmmm, abia just need refurbishment in all sectors, but I think he should start from road rehabilitation and construction in aba and upgrading of umuahia.

1 Like

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2015
kettykings:

If the governor has the bile, liver and wit he should face the goliath and start work on the sea port in ukwa ,get the paperwork done and approved , he should get support financial loan from a foreign body or at least partner with akwa ibom in their sea port project or at least show interest and particularly create awareness.

This will make him the most important governor from the east like Micheal Okpara, Sam Mbakwe ,Akanu Ibiam.

Alternatively he can take Aba products to a new and acceptable level, invite more investments to Aba, build newer industrial estates and business districts in Aba and umuahia.

Aba needs the following in no particular order, steel plant to churn out steel products for the oil services company and oil and gas industry , glass furnace for the numerous breweries now that electricity is stablising and a small refinery to power the growth.
Aba used to be the second most industrialised city after lagos now aba has not measured up due to neglect and visionless regimes previously.
Abia has no issues with security so he has less headache. Aba also has little issues with unemployment. So Abia needs to focus on its core area of IGR to kick start growth and development.
Nice one... It is no more a news that the last two governors in Abia state were too myopic and had no clue on where and how to rule. You can attest to that by their clueless choice of project and mediocre execution of such projects...
To me he should focus on the following

1: Selling and revitalization of all the moribund industries eg Brewery, Abia ceramic industry, Aba textile industries, the glass factory...

2: Agriculture & Agro-allied industries

Abia was/is a large producer of agricultural cash crops like cashew(the neglected eastern cashew plantations found across isuikwuato,uturu,umuchieze comes to mind ),cocoa,palm oil and kernel and casava. So his Adminstration should draw and create conducive environment for more agro-allied industries which will utilize these agricultural raw materials. eg chocolate factories, more palm based industries, more casava flour mills etc

3: Rehabilitation of Aba city

Aba is the commercial and revenue nerve of the state but have suffered huge neglect by last two previous Administrations due to lack of understanding of the weather, vegetation and topographical nature of Aba. Aba is found on a swampy-rain forest vegetation with relative flat topography,there are heavy rains throughout the year hence drainage management becomes a necessity. He should focus on covering the drainages in Aba to Avoid been blocked by refuse. He should also provide quality intra city roads and waste management system that will stand the test of time
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Abagworo(m): 9:01am On Jun 15, 2015
I like open gem. Abia should not continue being hidden gem. It has recently lost the title of garbage capital to Port Harcourt my city.
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 9:10am On Jun 15, 2015
Aba should consider drainage like these

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Scholes007(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
the gutters . and their cover

Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by asha80(m): 10:05am On Jun 15, 2015
If ikpeazu wants to succeed he has to keep sycophants at bay...sycophancy paid big in the last cretins administration
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2015
Hate Orji but you must give him credit for quality structures.
Re: Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
Some signature scenes of Igboland which characterises Aba and other Southeast urban areas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Queries Lai Mohammed Over Repeated Votes In 2018 Budget / Sokoto: Wamakko Set To Receive 4 Serving PDP Commissioners To APC / What Do You Expect From Tinubu's Administration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.