Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims (1534 Views)

Amosun Stops His Convoy, Rescues Accident Victims On Busy Akure-Ondo Road (Pics) / Masari Stops His Convoy To Help Accident Victims In Katsina. PICS / Al-Makura's Convoy Helps Accident Victims - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by kaylad1(m): 12:21am On May 12, 2015
The Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Suraj Adekunbi, has claimed that he was not in any vehicle in his convoy when it drove past an accident scene without offering assistance.
Three people were killed on Saturday at Onipepeye Village along Siun-Owode road, Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area, in the accident that involved two commercial vehicles.
PREMIUM TIMES reported how Mr. Adekunbi’s convoy passed the scene of the accident, while rescue efforts were on by residents of the area, without offering any help. The Speaker was also sighted in one of the vehicles in the convoy by a correspondent and other observers at the scene. The lawmaker, however, claimed he was not in any of the vehicles.
‘I am a Rotarian and I know the importance of rendering assistance,” he said on Sunday. “I was not in the convoy when the accident occurred. My convoy drove past the area, and I was not in the convoy, but in another vehicle with some of my colleagues in the assembly.”
Mr. Adekunbi, however, admitted driving by the accident.
“As at the time I passed through the scene with my colleagues which include Honourable Tola Banjo, the Deputy Speaker, and Honourable Olayiwola Ojodu, we did not observe any accident. I was in Lagos when I heard of the accident,” he said, while explaining that he did not answer calls to his phone on Saturday because he did not know the identity of the caller.
The speaker said he sympathised with the victims of the accident and prayed for the repose of the souls of the departed.
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by Nobody: 12:36am On May 12, 2015
In AfricaChina's voice our government bad o

1 Like

Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by smartexx: 12:58am On May 12, 2015
make rain wey dey komot roof beat the stupid rep, so coz e no dey insyd d convoy na em en convoy no fit stop assist @ the accident scene

the kind of crappy government officials wey we dey get this days sef, even devil dey fear them

1 Like

Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by femmy2010(m): 1:21am On May 12, 2015
Okay
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by Nobody: 2:51am On May 12, 2015
I hope you called those people you mentioned in your false alibi to brief them of your lies 'cos I'm pretty sure that a good journalist will do a follow up.

Anumanu undecided
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by Svelteb(f): 5:49am On May 12, 2015
Even if he wasn't in the convoy, what is stopping the the ppl in d convoy frm participating in d rescue?
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by focus7: 7:28am On May 12, 2015
Must a public servant know the identity of a caller before he could answer the call? That claim is irresponsible.
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by omenka(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2015
I don't know if this is true, but I've seen accident victims ignored by a government official riding in official car before.

Went visiting someone at an NYSC orientation camp. On our way back we ran into an accident scene involving a Gulf and a Sharon. Saw two dead and five with various degrees of injuries all of which looked quit severe.

In front of my car was a Helux belonging to PHCN, with a presumed Oga sitting at the "owner's" corner. The trunk of the car was totally empty and the guy could really have made himself a hero. But instead, on reaching there, dude wound down, asking a bystander what happened. While this was going on, I had already pulled over and was crossing the road to the other side. When people saw the pickup (helux), they ran towards the man to beg for assistance while the victims were being brought out of the bush... To everyone's chagrin, the man asked the driver to step on the gas, and so did he!!

People hurled stones at the car as it sped off and rained curses on its occupants. I thought I couldn't help, since I had three people in the car, but decided to drop the two at the back seat (folks I gave lift along the way) so as to accommodate one of the victims; a lady with the entire skin over her scalp ripped off and hanging loosely over her face, exposing her skull. We placed her in the back seat and sped towards the hospital which was about 8 kilometres away. Called a friend who works there and told him I was coming in with an emmergency (you know say everything for this country don turn to man know man). Also called Road Safety while driving (wrong of me I guess) and described the place, but along the way, I saw them speed past me with their siren on, so I thought someone else must have called them.

The lady survived, but I didn't get to know what happened to the other guys.

Too bad when people who live on public resources act this way.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by omenka(m): 7:39am On May 12, 2015
@ kaylad1. This ya tory nor carry source oo.
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by oluks05: 7:43am On May 12, 2015
Cock n bull story! Of course "he wasn't in the convoy" where we expecting him to be on it while it was passing by an accident scene?
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:43am On May 12, 2015
omenka:
I don't know if this is true, but I've seen accident victims ignored by a government official riding in official car before.

Went visiting someone at an NYSC orientation camp. On our way back we ran into an accident scene involving a Gulf and a Sharon. Saw two dead and five with various degrees of injuries all of which looked quit severe.

In front of my car was a Helux belonging to PHCN, with a presumed Oga sitting at the "owner's" corner. The trunk of the car was totally empty and the guy could really have made himself a hero. But instead, on reaching there, dude wound down, asking a bystander what happened. While this was going on, I had already pulled over and was crossing the road to the other side. When people saw the pickup (helux), they ran towards the man to beg for assistance while the victims were being brought out of the bush... To everyone's chagrin, the man asked the driver to step on the gas, and so did he!!

People hurled stones at the car as it sped off and rained curses on its occupants. I thought I couldn't help, since I had three people in the car, but decided to drop the two at the back seat (folks I gave lift along the way) so as to accommodate one of the victims; a lady with the entire skin over her scalp ripped off and hanging loosely over her face, exposing her skull. We placed her in the back seat and sped towards the hospital which was about 8 kilometres away. Called a friend who works there and told him I was coming in with an emmergency (you know say everything for this country don turn to man know man). Also called Road Safety while driving (wrong of me I guess) and described the place, but along the way, I saw them speed past me with their siren on, so I thought someone else must have called them.

GOD bless you sir for this act. You may not know the magnitude of what you did but when you start reaping the reward, you will begin to wonder.

I pray for you this day: as you helped someone in need, so shall help ALWAYS come your way. GOD will make a way for you where there seems to be no way.

He will never leave nor forsake you as you didn't forsake the injured. It is well with you, your loved ones, your business and everything you lay your hands on shall prosper. AMEN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:45am On May 12, 2015
Damage control rejoinder. Social media will keep exposing them.
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by omenka(m): 8:48am On May 12, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

GOD bless you sir for this act. You may not know the magnitude of what you did but when you start reaping the reward, you will begin to wonder.

I pray for you this day: as you helped someone in need, so shall help ALWAYS come your way. GOD will make a way for you where there seems to be no way.

He will never leave nor forsake you as you didn't forsake the injured. It is well with you, your loved ones, your business and everything you lay your hands on shall prosper. AMEN!!!
Amen! smiley
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by chacoonder(m): 8:50am On May 12, 2015
omenka:
. I thought I couldn't help, since I had three people in the car, but decided to drop the two at the back seat (folks I gave lift along the way) so as to accommodate one of the victims; a lady with the entire skin over her scalp ripped off and hanging loosely over her face, exposing her skull. We placed her in the back seat and sped towards the hospital which was about 8 kilometres away. Called a friend who works there and told him I was coming in with an emmergency (you know say everything for this country don turn to man know man). Also called Road Safety while driving (wrong of me I guess) and described the place, but along the way, I saw them speed past me with their siren on, so I thought someone else must have called them.

If truly you did all these, then count yourself lucky to be one of the few good men we have in this country.Pls keep it up wink
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by Chubhie: 3:18pm On May 12, 2015
omenka:

You deserve a Rotarian award.
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by omenka(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2015
Chubhie:
You deserve a Rotarian award.
Lol. Is that all it takes?? cheesy
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by Chubhie: 4:29pm On May 12, 2015
omenka:
Lol. Is that all it takes?? cheesy
I mean, for the speaker claiming he's a Rotarian yet fails in his duty to uphold the basic ethics of Rotary his membership should be terminated with immediate alacrity and you inducted in his place and given a merit award.
Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by omenka(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2015
Chubhie:
I mean, for the speaker claiming he's a Rotarian yet fails in his duty to uphold the basic ethics of Rotary his membership should be terminated with immediate alacrity and you inducted in his place and given a merit award.
You're always too generous with complements Boss. smiley. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Speaker Explains Why Own Convoy Ignored Accident Victims by double0seven(m): 7:07pm On May 12, 2015
This man is obviously lying. Why is there a convoy, and where is the convoy moving or going to without the government official it was meant for? Maybe there were just doing sight seeing.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Brings Badluck To Black Stars / Has BUHARI Really Done Anything Thing Wrong ? / Femi Otedola At Daughter's Graduation In London(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.