Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,577 members, 7,837,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Thank God For Democracy. We Remain The Heroes... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank God For Democracy. We Remain The Heroes... (350 Views)

United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) / PDP Releases Press Statement On AIT Ban, Says It's Dangerous For Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thank God For Democracy. We Remain The Heroes... by socialmediaman: 7:22am On May 12, 2015
Thank God for Democracy. We remain Heroes Of The Struggle!

Nigerians are once again free from the shackles of the PDP led governments since 1999. Democracy has brought us alternatives and if not for the aggressiveness of Nigerians, this may not have happened. Indeed, who says God is not with Nigeria. Our prayers of a violent free change finally came through the ballot. Once again, we've been handed our wish without spilling aftermath struggle blood, a repeat of what happened in 1960. Indeed this is another fresh start for Nigeria.

Some may ask, why isn't Goodluck Jonathan the hero of this whole struggle? It's the same reason the Queen of England wasn't the hero of Nigeria's independence in 1960, its the same reason the U.S. Congress who granted equal rights to black Americans weren't the heroes of the civil rights struggle in the states; Nigerians are the true heroes - those that died during the struggle, those that lived to fight, those that remained firm and resolute and never sold their souls to money and intimidation, they are the heroes of our democracy. And we shall continue to fight till a lasting democratic institution is built and sustained in Nigeria.

God Bless Nigeria

- SocialMediaMan
Re: Thank God For Democracy. We Remain The Heroes... by Nobody: 7:36am On May 12, 2015
Says who? There's no 'we'. I'm the only hero here. Do you know how many people I had to insult on nairaland even though I was hurting? Well the poster below me is a hero too because I have a big heart and I like to share my heroism. He/she can also share with the next poster. The change we sought, and now have, did not come cheap, so thank you for recognizing me. And tell GMB I can fill in as his Minister of Defence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Boko Haram Attacks Outskirts Of Nigeria's Maiduguri / PDP National Chairman Adamu Muazu Resigns at last / ECOWAS Pays Tribute To President Jonathan (read Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.