Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser (28393 Views)

Share Your Data Usage Screenshot Let's See Who Has Used The Most Data / Top 10 Best Android Web Browsers / 7 Best Android Web Browser 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Joel3(m): 7:41am On May 14, 2015
Missonas:
Ok but pls how can u chck ur data usage with mtn.called customer care and was tld to send 2 to 131, the response i got sef dint tell me.
*559*2#
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by bonna4u(m): 7:41am On May 14, 2015
uc mini all the way.

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by obiak4(m): 7:44am On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
I don't use an android *walks outta thread*
would report you are you serious u don't use Almighty android
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Nobody: 7:47am On May 14, 2015
Data compression thru browsers like chrome, uc mini, and opera mini all depends on image quality setting you choose.
Their developers suggest on using low image setting or text only format for maximuim data compression.
Data saving aint the same, for instance a 4inch screen and 8inch andriod tablet differs, even on bb, 3.2inchs data usage can't be compared to a 7inchs bb playbook.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 7:52am On May 14, 2015
femi4:
wetin u dey use ***Drags her back to the thread***
lolz...gentlemen don't drag ladies tongue so ask google
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 8:09am On May 14, 2015
tranxo:
Lol. It would have been better if you ''trekked''
lol and what is the difference between walking and trekking?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 8:12am On May 14, 2015
Zohan:

Hope you paid for this advert? undecided
and if I may ask, wwhat advert are you talking about mister?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 8:13am On May 14, 2015
obiak4:

would report you are you serious u don't use Almighty android
lol..sure
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 8:15am On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
lolz...gentlemen don't drag ladies tongue so ask google
Tell me now ***On my bended knees**
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by legacyint: 8:16am On May 14, 2015
Ochiske:

I can see sex as a quick URL grin grin
no be d dude fault,,na as d economy be grin grin
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 8:25am On May 14, 2015
femi4:
Tell me now ***On my bended knees**
lols pics or I don't believe it! tongue
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 8:33am On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
lols pics or I don't believe it! tongue
Gentleladies don't keep men on their knees
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Spaxon(f): 8:46am On May 14, 2015
femi4:
your device model
phantom Z.... Kitkat
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Joshuadon: 8:48am On May 14, 2015
I use chrome, ? Never knew opera does such magic, even though i have the app but rarely open it
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 8:52am On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:
phantom Z.... Kitkat
Check the last post on this page

https://www.nairaland.com/1946322/innjoo-note-discussion-thread/59
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by tranxo(m): 9:02am On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
lol and what is the difference between walking and trekking?
trekking will give you national recognition. Lol. Good morning
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Spaxon(f): 9:03am On May 14, 2015
femi4:
Check the last post on this page
https://www.nairaland.com/1946322/innjoo-note-discussion-thread/59
oh dear thanks so. much am gratefull
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Yemiolads(f): 9:04am On May 14, 2015
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 9:04am On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:

oh dear
thanks so. much
am gratefull
Anytime dear
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Spaxon(f): 9:07am On May 14, 2015
femi4:
Anytime dear
aitte.... lemme follow u just in case I got any problem
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 9:08am On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:

aitte....
lemme follow u just in case I got any problem
No problem
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by kimco(m): 9:51am On May 14, 2015
Oahray:
it's not the new opera mini you are talking about then. Select the data savings option, and you'd see where to change image quality.

Don't judge what you don't know bro.

i didnt say anything wrong. it was sucking my data. apparently the data saving option is now hidden in another option. why dnt you be nice like the previous guy that gave me a solution and nothing more.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by kimco(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2015
Elxandre:
Simply click on the data savings page to get image quality settings.
thank you very much man. now i can upgrade again.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Elxandre(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2015
kimco:

thank you very much man. now i can upgrade again.
You're welcome bro.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by dasanchez1(m): 10:54am On May 14, 2015
tranxo:
trekking will give you national recognition. Lol. Good morning
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:03am On May 14, 2015
Grammer Lesson 205
Dear fellow Nairalanders, todaybwe have an example of a grammertical construction that is lacking both sand and granite for the foundation.

The OP said, "my data test analysis has proving it."

We need to defuse the bomb in this sentence.

a. My data test analysis has prave it
b. My data test analysis has prove it.
c. My data test analysis has prov it.
d. My data test analysis has provocated it.
e. My data test analysis has proven it.

Which of this options could it be? Please send in your answers to the comments below. It's all a learning experience.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:33am On May 14, 2015
Someone mentioned Opera Max. I did a bit of goggling and found out this data compressing app is designed ONLY for android. It compresses images a well as videos. It monitors all apps on your phone, to let you know which is consuming more data. The downside: you will be required to watch video ads from their sponsor.

Description
Opera Max is a free, data-savings and data-management app that extends your data plan. With Opera Max, you can easily manage your data by monitoring daily data usage and limit data-hogging apps to
Wi-Fi only. Opera Max also provides data savings by compressing videos, photos,
media and more on almost all of your favourite apps and websites - without any noticeable loss of quality. Data overage fees are a thing of the past with Opera Max!

FEATURES
Data savings
Get 50% more out of your data plan. Opera Max extends your data plan by compressing videos, images and media from apps and websites. Less data to
download from websites also means faster mobile-browsing speeds for your phone.

Watch more video
Opera Max is the first app of its kind to compress mobile video, a huge consumer of your mobile data. This means you spend less data and time to watch videos on the web. Opera Max can condense a 10 MB video down to 3 MB* and significantly reduces instances of video buffering. It does this on almost any app on your phone - not just your browser.

Data manager
Opera Max helps you manage your data by providing real-time, daily and monthly data usage statistics. Monitor your data usage to find out what apps are consuming most of your data and block the data hogging apps from your mobile data.

Private and secure
Opera Max doesn't optimise any data sent using encrypted connections, so all your private data gets forwarded directly to the desired destination instead of being proxied through the Opera Max savings cloud. We neither analyse nor store your
private data like photos, videos or emails, so you can have peace of mind.

It’s free!
With Savings Pass, Opera Max is 100% free. Renewing your Savings Pass with Opera Max only takes a second, and we'll
let you know when you're running out of savings time. We only ask that you occasionally watch an ad from our sponsor, share us on social media or rate
us in the Google Play store.

Also I came across Otavo Extend, a data compressing app like Opera Max. Infact it's been around much longer than Opera. It was bought over by Facebook. The downside is it doesn't compress videos but images.

Description
Get up to 5 times more out of your mobile data plan without changing the way you use your phone. Do this while using your
favourite apps, sharing photos, browsing the web, and more. Even when you're travelling abroad, Onavo Extend will help you stay within your roaming plan.

How it works
To compress and save your data, Onavo Extend runs continuously in the background of your phone and directs all of your mobile data traffic through Onavo's servers and compression technology.

Revolutionary universal data caching means you won’t have to use your data to load the same images every time you visit a website or use an app because they’ll already be available to you on your phone.

And don’t worry about local storage, because you control the percent of your phone’s memory used for storage.

Onavo Extend also optimise images when you share over 3 or 4G so even when you’re sending images, you’re in control of how much data you use. And the Onavo Extend widget helps you easily monitor how much data you’ve saved so you can really understand how the app is working for you.

Another one is Neopard.

Description
Outclass your mobile with NEOPARD! The most powerful data saver on the market.

A free, simple and efficient solution to extend your data plan while keeping all your applications under control.

By installing NEOPARD you will be able to:
• Extend and enjoy longer your limited data plan
• Improve the network’s quality and speed even if your data plan is unlimited
• Reduce your bill when travelling abroad or when exceeding your data plan limits
• Visualise and control your mobile applications data consumption

Source: Google Playstore

So which one of these apps will you go for?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:45am On May 14, 2015
indigene:
Data compression thru browsers like chrome, uc mini, and opera mini all depends on image quality setting you choose.
Their developers suggest on using low image setting or text only format for maximum data compression.
Data saving aint the same, for instance a 4inch screen and 8inch andriod tablet differs, even on bb, 3.2inchs data usage can't be compared to a 7inchs bb playbook.
At the bolded, you are very RIGHT!!!
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by iliyande(m): 11:53am On May 14, 2015
afuye:
[size=13pt]I use CM browser on my android phone... Its lighter , faster and secure.[/size]
No browser like CM browser.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by michelism(m): 12:06pm On May 14, 2015
Mozilla firefox beta does the magic for me. It's a way ahead of the new and old operamini. To test the claimed, download 'opera max' and activate it where 'saving' is written at the top right (check 1st picture). Then load any data consuming website(load 'nairaland.com' for a mini data test) on operamini and draw down your android phone to check the data consumption(like in the 2nd picture). Disconnect Opera Max from the draw-down and re-connect it. Then load same website/page with Firefox beta and compare. Firefox is always better.
Note: Am currently using Firefox beta version 34.0(about to update to v.38.0 test if it's better)
You will thank me later.

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 12:08pm On May 14, 2015
femi4:
Gentleladies don't keep men on their knees
[quote][/quote] smileymaybe I would be the first lady to do that then tongue
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by michelism(m): 12:16pm On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
smileymaybe I would be the first lady to do that then tongue

Beautiful chikala. But I no go 'like' your pin sure. Beg me grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Major Reasons Why Apple Must Slash The Prices Of The Iphone Now ! / 5 Unmistakable Signs You Are A Phone Addict... / Aspalt 8: Airborne VS Need For Speed: Most Wanted VS Real Racing 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.