Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser (28432 Views)

Share Your Data Usage Screenshot Let's See Who Has Used The Most Data / Top 10 Best Android Web Browsers / 7 Best Android Web Browser 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Missonas(f): 12:17pm On May 14, 2015
Joel3:
*559*2#

K thx
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 12:20pm On May 14, 2015
michelism:

Beautiful chikala. But I no go 'like' your pin sure. Beg me grin
lolzz..funny u! If u like the picture, nairaland go dash me money ni?so why should I beg you? tongue
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:49pm On May 14, 2015
iliyande:
No browser like CM browser.
afuye and iliyande, does it compress data?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by michelism(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
lolzz..funny u! If u like the picture, nairaland go dash me money ni?so why should I beg you? tongue

My 'likes' are special. Just liked it! It's truly beaurifu...Thanx to ya mama! wink
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by afuye(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2015
Use it and tell me
ferhyntorlah:
afuye and iliyande, does it compress data?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 14, 2015
donhils:

Didn't you see data usage on both opera mini? In the old opera mini, data received was 836.6mb and after compression it became 149.9mb. Then in the new opera mini, data received was 731mb and after compression it became 148mb, so that in my opinion is not too bad.
I can also say that with the new opera mini, I downloaded few songs while I never downloaded anything with the old one. And you know downloads don't get compressed.
So I can boldly say their compression rate is the same or the new one manages better.
kindly give me the download link
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:27pm On May 14, 2015
afuye:
Use it and tell me
Evading my question. Thank you.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by femi4: 2:41pm On May 14, 2015
UuzbaGuuzba:
Grammer Lesson 205
Dear fellow Nairalanders, todaybwe have an example of a grammertical construction that is lacking both sand and granite for the foundation.

The OP said, "my data test analysis has proving it."

We need to defuse the bomb in this sentence.

a. My data test analysis has prave it
b. My data test analysis has prove it.
c. My data test analysis has prov it.
d. My data test analysis has provocated it.
e. My data test analysis has proven it.

Which of this options could it be? Please send in your answers to the comments below. It's all a learning experience.
Perhaps, we have to start from you with your "Grammer".

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by afuye(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2015
Until I see the face of wu I speaking with, dear
ferhyntorlah:
Evading my question. Thank you.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Joel3(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Someone mentioned Opera Max. I did a bit of goggling and found out this data compressing app is designed ONLY for android. It compresses images a well as videos. It monitors all apps on your phone, to let you know which is consuming more data. The downside: you will be required to watch video ads from their sponsor.

Description
Opera Max is a free, data-savings and data-management app that extends your data plan. With Opera Max, you can easily manage your data by monitoring daily data usage and limit data-hogging apps to
Wi-Fi only. Opera Max also provides data savings by compressing videos, photos,
media and more on almost all of your favourite apps and websites - without any noticeable loss of quality. Data overage fees are a thing of the past with Opera Max!

FEATURES
Data savings
Get 50% more out of your data plan. Opera Max extends your data plan by compressing videos, images and media from apps and websites. Less data to
download from websites also means faster mobile-browsing speeds for your phone.

Watch more video
Opera Max is the first app of its kind to compress mobile video, a huge consumer of your mobile data. This means you spend less data and time to watch videos on the web. Opera Max can condense a 10 MB video down to 3 MB* and significantly reduces instances of video buffering. It does this on almost any app on your phone - not just your browser.

Data manager
Opera Max helps you manage your data by providing real-time, daily and monthly data usage statistics. Monitor your data usage to find out what apps are consuming most of your data and block the data hogging apps from your mobile data.

Private and secure
Opera Max doesn't optimise any data sent using encrypted connections, so all your private data gets forwarded directly to the desired destination instead of being proxied through the Opera Max savings cloud. We neither analyse nor store your
private data like photos, videos or emails, so you can have peace of mind.

It’s free!
With Savings Pass, Opera Max is 100% free. Renewing your Savings Pass with Opera Max only takes a second, and we'll
let you know when you're running out of savings time. We only ask that you occasionally watch an ad from our sponsor, share us on social media or rate
us in the Google Play store.

Also I came across Otavo Extend, a data compressing app like Opera Max. Infact it's been around much longer than Opera. It was bought over by Facebook. The downside is it doesn't compress videos but images.

Description
Get up to 5 times more out of your mobile data plan without changing the way you use your phone. Do this while using your
favourite apps, sharing photos, browsing the web, and more. Even when you're travelling abroad, Onavo Extend will help you stay within your roaming plan.

How it works
To compress and save your data, Onavo Extend runs continuously in the background of your phone and directs all of your mobile data traffic through Onavo's servers and compression technology.

Revolutionary universal data caching means you won’t have to use your data to load the same images every time you visit a website or use an app because they’ll already be available to you on your phone.

And don’t worry about local storage, because you control the percent of your phone’s memory used for storage.

Onavo Extend also optimise images when you share over 3 or 4G so even when you’re sending images, you’re in control of how much data you use. And the Onavo Extend widget helps you easily monitor how much data you’ve saved so you can really understand how the app is working for you.

Another one is Neopard.

Description
Outclass your mobile with NEOPARD! The most powerful data saver on the market.

A free, simple and efficient solution to extend your data plan while keeping all your applications under control.

By installing NEOPARD you will be able to:
• Extend and enjoy longer your limited data plan
• Improve the network’s quality and speed even if your data plan is unlimited
• Reduce your bill when travelling abroad or when exceeding your data plan limits
• Visualise and control your mobile applications data consumption

Source: Google Playstore

So which one of these apps will you go for?
opera Max. I just install so far it has been fair
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Joel3(m): 2:55pm On May 14, 2015
iliyande:
No browser like CM browser.
how many mb is cm?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:55pm On May 14, 2015
Joel3:
opera Max. I just install so far it has been fair
Okay Joel. Thanks for the feedback. I've been goggling between Opera Max and Neopard and I'm kinda tilting towards Neopard as it can optimise data from encrypted sites unlike Opera Max.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:03pm On May 14, 2015
Joel3:
how many mb is cm?
About 1.9MB
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:04pm On May 14, 2015
afuye:
Until I see the face of wu I speaking with, dear
Please don't bother; Google has answered me. Thanks!
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Joel3(m): 3:09pm On May 14, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
About 1.9MB
OK. will try it out.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Joel3(m): 3:12pm On May 14, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Okay Joel. Thanks for the feedback. I've been goggling between Opera Max and Neopard and I'm kinda tilting towards Neopard as it can optimise data from encrypted sites unlike Opera Max.
well why I like opera max. it will always tell you if any blocked app attempt to use data. if you will allow it or not. keep on blocking or allow for only now.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Ochiske(m): 3:46pm On May 14, 2015
afuye:
Sex blog! Yeah... I'm a big fan of it. Are you ?

nope
I dont self service grin
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by donhils: 5:50pm On May 14, 2015
DavidGodwin:

kindly give me the download link
If you have the old Opera mini, it will prompt you to get the latest and ull just get it from there, but if not u should go to playstore,search for operamini and get the one that has 'New' written on the logo.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Youngpo413: 6:09pm On May 14, 2015
ifydadiva:
I don't use an android *walks outta thread*
get a windowsphone and thank me later,forget about all these tecno users
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by afuye(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
It is good
Ochiske:

nope
I dont self service grin
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by afuye(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2015
Lol brb
ferhyntorlah:
Please don't bother; Google has answered me. Thanks!
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ITbomb(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

So which one of these apps will you go for?
Did any of them mentioned to you how battery draining they are with their constant connection to the third party server for compressing your data
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:08pm On May 14, 2015
ITbomb:

Did any of them mentioned to you how battery draining they are with their constant connection to the third party server for compressing your data
WOW! What's the solution then?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by oppybouy(m): 12:06am On May 15, 2015
ifydadiva:
I don't use an android *walks outta thread*
*drops banana peel in her path*
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by donhils: 12:24am On May 15, 2015
Youngpo413:
get a windowsphone and thank me later,forget about all these tecno users
Look, if you don't own an android phone and u are jealous of users, do well and get one for yourself. Not everyone here uses tecno. I use LG G3 now and had used a Windows shitty phone before. Lumia 1020. Imagine that you'll dial a number about 20 times and have it listed 20 times on your call log. Dumb Windows phones. No background downloads, no support for apps... what exactly do you do with Lumia phone?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Nobody: 10:09am On May 15, 2015
ifydadiva:
and if I may ask, wwhat advert are you talking about mister?
Mistress na you know.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 10:53am On May 15, 2015
michelism:

My 'likes' are special. Just liked it! It's truly beaurifu...Thanx to ya mama! wink
thanks smiley
michelism:

thanks
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by ifydadiva(f): 12:25pm On May 15, 2015
oppybouy:
*drops banana peel in her path*
lolz *badbelle is allowed*
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by oppybouy(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2015
ifydadiva:
lolz *badbelle is allowed*
loool. how are you?
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by Youngpo413: 1:08pm On May 15, 2015
donhils:

Look, if you don't own an android phone and u are jealous of users, do well and get one for yourself. Not everyone here uses tecno. I use LG G3 now and had used a Windows shitty phone before. Lumia 1020. Imagine that you'll dial a number about 20 times and have it listed 20 times on your call log. Dumb Windows phones. No background downloads, no support for apps... what exactly do you do with Lumia phone?
CORTANA ! Hahahahaha
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by booglesax(m): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2015
My names are collins mark base in lagos,get 3gig for ur andriod phone 1k fee applies for configuration.
Re: Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser by booglesax(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2015
My names are collins mark base in lagos,get 3gig for ur andriod phone 1k fee applies for configuration:07060534443.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

S60v3 Mobile Voice Changer Software / Samsung Galaxy A33 Vs Samsung A23 Vs Samsung A32 Camera Comparison (photos) / Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.