Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion (14094 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developing States In Nigeria - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2015
socialmediaman:
We're talking of executive decisions here. The executive is the arm of government that implements the law, if a law Is not working or being implemented, then the problem is from the executive, that's why you need decisive leaders to run the executive

How do Jonathan stop fashola from awarding a kilometer of road for 1billion naira...which executive power or law will allow Jonathan to stop fashola from shifting the responsibilities of Ministry of internal revenue who are paid salaries to Tinubu's private company for same job...which law will allow Jonathan to force fashola to open his accounts for scrutiny or to implement FOI in Lagos state...I am being practical and realistic here...also do same

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by socialmediaman: 5:28pm On May 12, 2015
1. The NNPC was summoned by the House of Reps and it was declared the JP Morgan account that they were running was illegal and needed to be closed on place of the constitutional federation account where revenues should be paid.. But they had already made their illegal $20 billion deductions and other amounts not remmitted to the federation account

2. The executive president possesses the power to query or suspend non performing heads of agencies or sack them outright in cases of non performance or fraud, that's why the president is the head of government. Like I said, if they fail, you fail.

3. I meant the presidential system of government.. Typo

4. The president started using his powers when he had lost election, he sacked at least 4 heads of government without any reason, didn't he? What happened in 5 years? Sanusi's was suspended for flimsy reasons and replaced, what happened with Denziani and Anba Moro?

I haven't said you shouldn't be a supporter, but I expect at least objective arguments

Whynotthetruth:

1)You aren't informed about what you're saying about NNPC...got study their rules of operation including that of its subsidiaries before doing all these emotional blackmail and social media conviction... If you're informed about their operations which is a bit complex; you won't spew these here...

2)Study the difference between military government and Democratic government... check out presidential powers before debating...because you're getting it all wrong...

3)Do you really understand federal system... Is Nigeria operating true federalism?...You need clarify yourself bro on lots of issues plzzz...

4)You don't sack people arbitrarily because you're president bro...most of you guys reasoning pisses me off...there are checks and balances for all these bro...eg Jega missed the mark but wasn't sacked because of more of national security and also national assembly won't allow it too...
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by socialmediaman: 5:32pm On May 12, 2015
We have the EFCC don't we? What's their constitutional job? If they fail to do their job who should we blame? EFCC chairman? And who has the power to sanction him like the Ex-CBN boss was sanctioned? Like I said, Jonathan had a choice to do his job or not, but one thing is certain, when the people under you fail in their responsibilities, you fail too. So its your choice to make them work or shift blame.

Whynotthetruth:

How do Jonathan stop fashola from awarding a kilometer of road for 1billion naira...which executive power or law will allow Jonathan to stop fashola from shifting the responsibilities of Ministry of internal revenue who are paid salaries to Tinubu's private company for same job...which law will allow Jonathan to force fashola to open his accounts for scrutiny or to implement FOI in Lagos state...I am being practical and realistic here...also do same
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2015
socialmediaman:
We have the EFCC don't we? What's their constitutional job? If they fail to do their job who should we blame? EFCC chairman? And who has the power to sanction him like the Ex-CBN boss was sanctioned? Like I said, Jonathan had a choice to do his job or not, but one thing is certain, when the people under you fail in their responsibilities, you fail too. So its your choice to make them work or shift blame.

1)Did you even read my questions before typing these...smh... you have been typing these Same thing all over this thread simply changing grammar and not answering my questions...

2)Go back and study NNPC act of 1977...which is the guiding law for its operations and quit this blind argument here...Stop all this your rubbish social media conviction and blackmail of people...I hate to see adults blindly discussing issues they are not quite conversant with...Pick up the act I advised you on first and see how illogical and ignorant you're...

3)If you wanna be a social critic; arm yourself with the law and not beer parlour argument...Understand what you're about to criticise first before rushing to the internet...

4)I won't engage you any further on this till you understand the system and what you're talking about...Take a little time off and read these things...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by socialmediaman: 7:20pm On May 12, 2015
I argue with respect and state my points, that's mature. I don't engage in direct insults and unnecessary angry outburst during an argument, I'm not a kid... I've been simply replying your posts without telling you how stupid I think some of them are.. face the argument and quit the outburst, that's what makes you mature...

Back to No. 1. I don't understand why you should recommend a document for me, what is the relationship with the point I raised about the NNPC operating an illegal account? State the point here in a single sentence, does the document say they have a right operate a foreign account other than the federation account? Is the document superior to the constitution? It was stated clearly at the house of assembly that the said account was illegal, what's your counter opinion or point? Please be objective for the sake of the discussion

Whynotthetruth:

1)Did you even read my questions before typing these...smh... you have been typing these Same thing all over this thread simply changing grammar and not answering my questions...

2)Go back and study NNPC act of 1977...which is the guiding law for its operations and quit this blind argument here...Stop all this your rubbish social media conviction and blackmail of people...I hate to see adults blindly discussing issues they are not quite conversant with...Pick up the act I advised you on first and see how illogical and ignorant you're...

3)If you wanna be a social critic; arm yourself with the law and not beer parlour argument...Understand what you're about to criticise first before rushing to the internet...

4)I won't engage you any further on this till you understand the system and what you're talking about...Take a little time off and read these things...
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2015
socialmediaman:
I argue with respect and state my points, that's mature. I don't engage in direct insults and unnecessary angry outburst during an argument, I'm not a kid... I've been simply replying your posts without telling you how stupid I think some of them are.. face the argument and quit the outburst, that's what makes you mature...

Back to No. 1. I don't understand why you should recommend a document for me, what is the relationship with the point I raised about the NNPC operating an illegal account? State the point here in a single sentence, does the document say they have a right operate a foreign account other than the federation account? Is the document superior to the constitution? It was stated clearly at the house of assembly that the said account was illegal, what's your counter opinion or point? Please be objective for the sake of the discussion

Sorry if you feel offended...but have you ever stopped to ask how those people like Diezani, Abba Moro, etc you have been blackmailing and maligning here without proper investigation or informed decisions or any formal conviction by any court feel too...You term Jonathan corrupt with no evidence; does he not deserve same respect you crave for...You write that Jonathan runs a corrupt government because of what APC said but refuse to believe that of Transparency International; are you being fair....What is good for the goose is also good for the gander....good evening....

Yes...House of Reps not house of assembly said the account is illegal...before NNPC boss Mr Dawha corrected same by showing NNPC act 1977 which allows such and guides their operations...unless PIB is passed which may repeal this 1977 act; it is still right for NNPC to continue same way....

Kindly go and read the act...equip yourself....and engage in informed argument.... thanks

modified

1 Like

Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by socialmediaman: 7:42pm On May 12, 2015
Lol, these people are public officers, they're elected or appointed by the elected people to handle the affairs of this nation. Unlike me, they're required to declare their assets, unlike me they're required to be accountable to the public, unlike me they're required to consider the interest of the public first before personal interest. El Rufai was criticized for awarding contracts or land to his family members, would our fathers be criticized for giving is their personal lands?

A measure of public discipline and accountability is required from public officers, because that's what they're paid to do. If they fail, they fail not just their families but millions of Nigerians. Abba Moro's failures caused many lives of our fellow citizens, should we keep quiet and consider his job over the lives of those innocent people?

Whynotthetruth:

Sorry if you feel offended...but have you ever stopped to ask how those people like Diezani, Abba Moro, etc you have been blackmailing and maligning here without proper investigation or informed decisions or any formal conviction by any court feel too...You term Jonathan corrupt with no evidence; does he not deserve same respect you crave for...You write that Jonathan runs a corrupt government because of what APC said but refuse to believe that of Transparency International; are you being fair....What is good for the goose is also good for the gander....good evening....
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:52pm On May 12, 2015
socialmediaman:
Lol, these people are public officers, they're elected or appointed by the elected people to handle the affairs of this nation. Unlike me, they're required to declare their assets, unlike me they're required to be accountable to the public, unlike me they're required to consider the interest of the public first before personal interest. El Rufai was criticized for awarding contracts or land to his family members, would our fathers be criticized for giving is their personal lands?

A measure of public discipline and accountability is required from public officers, because that's what they're paid to do. If they fail, they fail not just their families but millions of Nigerians. Abba Moro's failures caused many lives of our fellow citizens, should we keep quiet and consider his job over the lives of those innocent people?

Be sure that in as much as you throw respect to the dogs to call them names; you will receive same from me and others...

If we go by your template on Abba Moro, buhari has no moral justification to be president because over 800innocent lives were wasted because of his ambition...

whats good for the goose is good for the gander....
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by socialmediaman: 8:02pm On May 12, 2015
What other respect do you want? I haven't called Abba Moro stu.pid, nor have I called GEJ an i.diot? I think he was corrupt, very corrupt, including mama peace too, one of the most corrupt governments we ever witnessed, very irresponsible and insensitive government (watch my use of "irresponsible govt" and not "irresponsible GEJ"wink). He was a good man, I know, but a bad leader, not what Nigeria needs at this time, maybe never again! grin

Whynotthetruth:

Be sure that in as much as you throw respect to the dogs to call them names; you will receive same from me and others...

If we go by your template on Abba Moro, buhari has no moral justification to be president because over 800innocent lives were wasted because of his ambition...

whats good for the goose is good for the gander....
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by socialmediaman: 8:05pm On May 12, 2015
This thread has been derailed! Back to topic!
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2015
socialmediaman:
What other respect do you want? I haven't called Abba Moro stu.pid, nor have I called GEJ an i.diot? I think he was corrupt, very corrupt, including mama peace too, one of the most corrupt governments we ever witnessed, very irresponsible and insensitive government (watch my use of "irresponsible govt" and not "irresponsible GEJ"wink). He was a good man, I know, but a bad leader, not what Nigeria needs at this time, maybe never again! grin

O thanks...kindly go and educate yourself about our system of government, NNPC acts, leadership styles under democratic settings and then come back to engage me here...I don't engage "experts" graduates of beer parlour information and analysis of a system they know absolutely nothing about...Reading doesn't cost a thing...try it...
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by handsespen: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2017
Corruption and National Security: A Study of economic and financial crime commission of Goodluck Jonathan Administration (2009-2015)

Corruption is the misuse of entrusted power or a dishonest use of one’s office or position for personal gain. It is a cancerous global phenomenon, which has continued to cripple the developmental efforts of Nigeria. Corruption in Nigeria manifests in the form of misappropriation, kickback, over invoicing, bribery, embezzlement, tribalism, nepotism, money laundering, outright looting of the treasuring, and so on...

http://www.scharticles.com/corruption-and-national-security/
Re: How To Fight And End Corruption In Nigeria - Opinion by iseeicome: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
The media can be used as a tool for ending corruption in Nigeria
http://articlesng.com/media-tool-eradicating-corruption-nigeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Confirms Justice Opeyemi As Chief Judge Of Lagos State - Pictures / Frank Ibezim Sworn In As Senator Representing Imo North Zone / Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.