Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders (14093 Views)

Atiku's Emergence: Pressure Mounts On PDP Chairman, Ayu To Resign / Next President Must Be From South - Southern Governors Agree / rAPC Emergence Is Corruption Fighting Back – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by afroniger: 7:30am On May 30, 2022

ABUJA- LEADERS of thoughts, elder statesmen from four of the six geo-political zones of the country, under the aegis of Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum, SMBLF led by South-South Leader, Chief Edwin Clark have lampooned the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP for electing former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as its Presidential candidate, describing the action as brazing afront on the People of the South.

According to the Leaders, while reacting to the emergence of Atiku Abubakar on Saturday, it is said that the unity and peace of Nigeria means little or nothing to what they described as a segment of the nation’s political elite, adding that at the PDP special convention held on Saturday, 28th May 2022, certain candidates from the North were pressured, coerced, and even intimidated to step down for Atiku Abubakar, who eventually emerged as the flag bearer of PDP, in utter derision of the established principle of zoning and rotation of power between the north and south.

The SMBLF has reiterated its call on all politicians of Southern extraction to refuse the position of a running mate to any Northern Presidential candidate, saying that it would equally be viewed as subjugating their people to political slavery.

The leaders of the Middle- Belt, Ndi- Igbo( Ohaneaze, Afenifere, Pan Niger Delta condemned in very strong terms what happened at the Moshood Abiola Stadium that eventually led to the emergence of Atiku Abubakar.

A statement signed yesterday by Senator Bassey Ewa-Henshaw for PANDEF/South-South; Amb. Okey Emuchay for Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide/South East; Comrade Jare Ajayi for Afenifere/South West; Dr. Isuwa Dogo for Middle Belt Forum (MBF) and Hon. Ken Robinson as the Acting Coordinator SMBLF read, “the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum has described the emergence of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party as a brazing affront on the people of Southern Nigeria by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

“SMBLF recalls that following the release of the guidelines for the 2023 general elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Elders and Leaders of Southern Nigeria and the Middle Belt, under the aegis of the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders’ Forum, made unequivocal proclamations on the need for the presidency to be devolved to Southern Nigeria in 2023, in respect of the time-honored practice of the rotation and zoning of high political offices between the North and the South by political parties as a way of strengthening national unity, peace, and harmony.

“SMBLF further recalls that several engagements were held with various stakeholders across the length and breadth of the country on the subject to foster understanding, mutual respect, and oneness. The 17 Southern Governors also in a declaration after their meeting in Asaba, Delta State, in May 2021, backed the rotation of the presidency to the South in 2023.

“Sadly, it appears the unity and peace of Nigeria means little or nothing to a segment of the nation’s political elite. This was evidenced in the PDP special convention, which was held on Saturday, 28th May 2022, where certain candidates from the North were pressured, coerced, and even intimidated to step down for former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who eventually emerged as the flag bearer of PDP, in utter derision of the established principle of zoning and rotation of power between the north and south.

“Undoubtedly, the singular motive is to perpetuate the hegemony of the North given that President Muhammadu Buhari, a Muslim from the North and of Fulani origin will be completing his full tenure of eight years by this time next year.

“SMBLF, therefore, totally REJECTS the candidacy of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the PDP and calls on our people of Southern Nigeria and the Middle Belt as well as all true lovers of peace and unity NOT TO VOTE for him or any other Northerner in the 2023 Presidential election, in the interest of posterity.

“SMBLF further urges all aspirants for the office of President from Southern Nigeria to shun the conceited attitude of individualism and self-confidence, and work collectively to achieve the shared objectives.

“Again, SMBLF calls on all politicians of Southern extraction to refuse the position of a running mate to any Northern Presidential candidate, which will equally be viewed as subjugating their people to political slavery.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/atikus-emergence-affront-on-south-southern-middle-belt-leaders/

314 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Tonypens48(m): 7:33am On May 30, 2022
This coming election should be an eye-opener for Nigerians and especially the youth because it is our future these elites and old cargoes are toiling with. Taking away the card of ethnicity, "competence", "eloquence", "integrity" and "charisma" is what is needed in Nigeria to see it progress.
We need a leader we can entrust our children's future with, and be rest assured that it is in for progress. We cannot continue with this cycle of PDP=APC. We need a change. Don't let these old cargoes use you for their gain. We can stand affirm and say a big NO to money politics and gerontocracy.

Naija Youths, get your PVC now.
Your destiny is in your hands.
Take Charge of your future and that of your unborn kids.

The extension of voter registration would give more time for eligible Nigerians to exercise their right to participation during the 2023 and subsequent elections.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime,
God bless Nigeria.

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Abdul05: 7:35am On May 30, 2022
I don't see any reason why we should be discriminating against ourself ...after all, we are all Nigerians... ;

No doubt in my mind,

It will create a fertile ground for hatred and disrupt the peace of this nation,,, grin

The power should be shared between the north and south. There should be no cause for discrimination of any kind,,, grin

229 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Frigga13: 7:52am On May 30, 2022
They organization are very dull..

Make them go form party and present a southern candinate

No be dictate on others wetin dem go do for their house..

Stupid

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Truthisunique2: 7:57am On May 30, 2022
The failure came in PDP insisting on open contest

Wike even tried na man e be

The north have technically used atiku to push apc for a northernern, when the southernerns in apc ask for equity "north east deserves equity" would be the reply

4 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Penguin2: 7:57am On May 30, 2022
Hmmmm

I see the entire southern Nigeria uniting behind Peter Obi.

I see a disgruntled Tinubu and Amaechi aligning forces to deliver Obi.

I see an alliance between Labour Party and NNPP happening to birth an Obi/Kwankwaso ticket.

I see Wike working against PDP too.

2023 election is Atiku’s to lose but I see an Obi/Kwankwaso ticket (if they can make it happen) causing an upset.

APC’s best chance now is Osinbajo but the cabals are weary of him especially after having the effrontery to sack Lawal Daura

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by afroniger: 8:47am On May 30, 2022
Penguin2:
Hmmmm

I see an alliance between Labour Party and NNPP happening to birth an Obi/Kwankwaso ticket.

If only this strategy could come to pass eh, both APC and PDP would get their noses seriously bloodied.

213 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Kyase(m): 8:49am On May 30, 2022
Which yeye middle belt
Ohaneze called David mark Northerner yesterday, because Atiku won the primaries...
Any Benue man or woman wey dey follow these southerners dey deceive themselves na tolotolo e be...
We are middle belters when they want to use us, but northerners when they want to achieve their aim....
Yeye dey smell

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by princdebola201(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2022
Penguin2:
Hmmmm

2023 election is Atiku’s to lose but I see an Obi/Kwankwaso ticket (if they can make it happen) causing an upset.

APC’s best chance now is Osinbajo but the cabals are weary of him especially after having the effrontery to sack Lawal Daura
any where bele face political analyst.

267 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by limeta(f): 8:54am On May 30, 2022
Infidels want power .
They want to rule over muslims
Something koran warm them never to allow to happen

Muslims north ve no time for your tears

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by helinues: 8:55am On May 30, 2022
Medicine after dead
Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by helinues: 8:56am On May 30, 2022
limeta:
Infidels want power .
They want to rule over muslims
Something koran warm them never to allow to happen

Muslims north ve no time for your tears

True, infidels like Peter Obi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Dailymice: 9:03am On May 30, 2022
As if he'll win. Atiku is proof these northern people don't give a hoot about southern interest.

My own is to vote for Labour Party. APC and PDP can all go to blazes for all I care

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by baretalk: 9:04am On May 30, 2022
Tribalistic and nepotistic politics is being played by North, their politics is devoid of reason or principles, just blind nepotism. What a shame.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by marosmart(m): 9:04am On May 30, 2022
[
Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by emmykk(m): 9:04am On May 30, 2022
Y
Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Built2last: 9:04am On May 30, 2022
Question for all of your feeling cool that northerner won the PDP ticket.

Can we flip the coin for a second and use our tiniest brain

If a Southerner had done 8 years in office and political parties field another Southern as party flag bearer, WILL THE NORTH not set Nigeria on Fire. It appears normal because it favours them

APC is planing to give their ticket to another Northerner. It appears Normal.

For a second, imagine Osinbajo doing 8 years as a president and ploting to hand over to an Igbo man or someone from Niger Delta.

Will Nigeria not be on fire by now.

The likes of hELL RUFAI would have gone to BBC Hausa to mobilise Northerners that the South is overriding them.

What you won't take from your neighbours, don't do it.

We all know the delay in APC Presidential primaries is that they want to have a consensus candidate and that candidate has to be a Northerner.

and don't come to preach competence to me cause the South of more competent

Shame on the likes of Reno Omokri, Orhi Uzo Kalu and FFK who were formerly proponents of fairness and equity now wanting power to remain in the North after 8 years for the sole purpose of selfish interest.

Orji uzo wants Lawan so he can be vice president, Reno wants Atiku so that he can end his political exile and return home with an appointment

FFK na anywhere belle face. I wont be surprised he might be decamping soon back to PDP.

APC wants power to remain in the North because Buhari feels North is more competent and gives them more chances of winning.

Shame and tueh on every southerner endorsing this charade that not a single Northerner will accept if its the south doing it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Anaerobi(m): 9:04am On May 30, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by Lumig: 9:05am On May 30, 2022
sad
It's a very very big affront, but it wouldn't have been possible if not for some southerners that are sell-outs on the basis of US dollars being used to buy their consciences and some premordial sentiments that blinded and it's still blinding some southerners.
Our eyes go clear very soon grin

3 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by SarkinYarki: 9:05am On May 30, 2022
Nonsense ..To be fair Atiku is from the North East and the North East is the only political zone that has never produced a president either military or democratically in the entire history of Nigeria ...It's time for the NE if we are to be factual

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by jaxxy(m): 9:05am On May 30, 2022
when u guys presented wike because of money. on a good day what qualities does wike have to be president of even governor?

sm1 who behaves and speaks like a tout.

afroniger:

Let's be honest with ourselves. Irrespective of his faults, Wike hasn't done anything that the Northerners (including Atiku) aren't guilty of. He tried to use money to buy his way to the presidency because that's the only leverage he had as a Southerner in the PDP, and he actually came close if not for a combination of intrigues that worked against his efforts. Atiku also spent heavily to buy delegates and allegiances, and we all know if we list looters in this country he won't escape such list.

Even Peter Obi himself had to resign from the party because he realized that he could not match the level of intrigues standing in the way of his ambition. Let's slow down on this harsh judgement against Wike because he's not any worse than Atiku and the Northerners that humbled him.

Wll I agree with u that pdp have no principles, ethics, considerations or values going into the picking a candidate. They didn't think outside the box like Apc is doing and they set it up for a money/dollar competition showdown to win delegates rather the the right values to seek for and ensure every delegate and member abides by it. Hence the national disgrace we just witnessed.

I watch US party primaries and I see decency and a good level of respect for democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by ElectronicMoney(m): 9:05am On May 30, 2022
angry
Re: Atiku’s Emergence Is An Affront On South — Southern, Middle Belt Leaders by southsouthking(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2022
Chemical reaction.

When we've finally realized that the unity of the north is no match with the unity of the southeast Southwest and southsouth combined together, then our eyes Will be open.
For now let everyone keep betraying the others let the northern man keeps ruling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plateau APC Group Warns Bola Tinubu To Be Careful Of Serial Traitors In Plateau / Ambode Confirms Justice Opeyemi As Chief Judge Of Lagos State - Pictures / 2023 Presidential Election: Wike To Consult With NASS Members Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.