Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! (78339 Views)

What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) / Remembering The Lost Comrades- OAU July 10 Cult Attack / Cult Attack & Poison 17-year-old Student Over Refusal To Join Lesbian Fraternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by sonymerlot: 9:27pm On May 14, 2015
If anybody knows anything different from my account of the genesis of the cult attack in oau - come forward and we can exchange stories. I may even know you sef grin

For weeks after the birthday, my family friend and his friend that organized this party for the ladies were walking/driving around campus with so much fear. In fact, they were at new buka the night those guys came in july 1999. Someone even told one of them to leave buka and go home that there were strange faces at buka that night.

Anyway, the rest is history sha.

2 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Sheenor: 9:41pm On May 14, 2015
rheether:
Wole Soyinka, see what you caused..

How did he Curious to know cos this aint what he start.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by segedoo(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2015
PrinceMario:
Yes boss. Proudly a chemenger!

Cool mehn!
Profs Taiwo, Layokun & Akeredolu, Drs Sonibare, Betiku, Ademodi & Taiwo still dey?

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Sheenor: 9:50pm On May 14, 2015
boladez:

Why Ode? Does she not have a right to make her point?
What point that silly post of hers? mtcheeeew abegi.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by isacolukay(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2015
3ace:
Sorry guys, I'm not 3ace. Refer to my disclaimer on the first page. Thank you.

Sir, I disagree. I read through your posts and analysis. No one gives an in-depth overview of issues if not the Comrade Doctor.
I understand your reason for claiming anonymity sha. But its nice chatting with you again sir.

4 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by ayokunlei(m): 2:49am On May 15, 2015
Bimffo:

I think your brain dint comprehend what I said there.
u be Mugu, na ur own brain comprehend am abi....
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by toygod2: 4:38am On May 15, 2015
hehehe
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by boladez(m): 7:11am On May 15, 2015
Sheenor:

What point that silly post of hers? mtcheeeew abegi.

I picked this from your signature !

•°Hey my friend, please don't be sad Get a Hug alternatives for when you feel angry listen to rain to calm your nerves learn to love your body cute!!!! cute stuff, super super cute cuteroulette°• wink wink cheesy

Please don't hound anyone for even expressing a " SILLY" (in your view) comment. Just correct with superior argument or laugh and move on!
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by zimoni(f): 9:12am On May 15, 2015
sonymerlot:
If anybody knows anything different from my account of the genesis of the cult attack in oau - come forward and we can exchange stories. I may even know you sef grin

For weeks after the birthday, my family friend and his friend that organized this party for the ladies were walking/driving around campus with so much fear. In fact, they were at new buka the night those guys came in july 1999. Someone even told one of them to leave buka and go home that there were strange faces at buka that night.

Anyway, the rest is history sha.

Thanks Bawse.

May we never experience such incidence again.

It is well.

I miss Ife. I just love the town.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by PrinceMario(m): 10:10am On May 15, 2015
segedoo:

Cool mehn!
Profs Taiwo, Layokun & Akeredolu, Drs Sonibare, Betiku, Ademodi & Taiwo still dey?
All of them are fine oooooooo.....Prof Akeredolu just left the position of faculty of tech. Dean last session.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by PrinceMario(m): 10:16am On May 15, 2015
Stunner1:

Yes ooooo a proud one at that smiley
wowww.....good to know. I have no doubt that life has been fair to you. Keep repin' dear.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 10:32am On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you have proof that members of the Student Union (not SUG as we don't run a government, but a union) and Keggite were cultists? Were you a student of OAU?

My brother i wasn't referring to anyone person or school in particular i was only generalizing what normally obtains in most Nigerian universities which we all know wether we admit it or not & I don't need to proove anything to anybody cos there really isn't anything to proove...I was never a student of OAU but AAU,Ekpoma,Edo state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:38am On May 15, 2015
runnazz:

My brother i wasn't referring to anyone person or school in particular i was only generalizing what normally obtains in most Nigerian universities which we all know wether we admit it or not & I don't need to proove anything to anybody cos there really isn't anything to proove...I was never a student of OAU but AAU,Ekpoma,Edo state.
In OAU, Ile-Ife, if any of the Students Union executive member is found to be a cultist, it is the students that will deal with him. You need to see where students that are cultist a striped näked and beaten while being paraded. In Ife, it is the students that rule, not the Students Union.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 11:10am On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

In OAU, Ile-Ife, if any of the Students Union executive member is found out to be a cultist, it is the students that will deal with him. You need to see where students that are cultist a striped näked and beaten while being paraded. In Ife, it is the students that rule, not the Students Union.

ok
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 15, 2015
There should be a classics board(or subforum) on Nairaland and Threads like this should be stickied permanently in them..
I can only imagine the gory sight that night must hold for people present.
RIP to the fallen generals..
Africa's and Eviano's death were particularly touching.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by akinladejo: 9:50am On May 16, 2015
Geesanni:
i tot as much.na strong men dey run sug mata.smhw few mst dey among d sug pple.nobody holy pass.life is full of surprise

For ur information Afrika was never a cultist, we were on ground and in touch back then.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by jibbzion(m): 4:27pm On May 16, 2015
jayoakland:
X=-16 yrs ago.
Olodo!
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Odimeji1(m): 5:11pm On May 16, 2015
Hmm.... May God help us....
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 24, 2015
neroflo57:

tell us what happened

My matric day in 1999 (my baptism of fire) was just another confra war that was supposed to have ended but the peace negotiation that very day was another set up to kill the big meats from the other side but in 2002 it was Black September serious attacks on the anti cult groups which left a great number of them dead and their quarters razed down to ashes due to their over zealousness...i remember those days u no fit argue with ur gf she go just run go meet those anti cult boys say u be frat man & that's the end no investigation no questions they will just round u up with guns and some police operatives,beat u up like who thief for market & the next thing straight to Benin state c.i.d,okoh prisons from there na God go save u.They anti cult boys where becoming a menace & they where turning into what they where fighting by their character (gangsters) I can still remember a friend of mine got info on his cheating babe when he get plans to marry just 2 days after he go do shopping for the baby with 40k that yr,so he got to her place and caught her on top the act with one anti cult guy...so my guy just enter the babe with slaps as the guy wanted to show himself we that went there with him fck the idiot up..so he went to arrange with his anti cult group and the girl that my guy was a cultist...omo my street full when they(anti cult) came dem tire cos no body give them chance for nonsense even with their guns and all..then to break up with girl na problem oo once she points u out as a cultist just forget about ur future schooling. Some things are better left unsaid...but i don't think they should have ended that way sha even tho they where getting out of hand..anytime i see those faces on the remembrance bill placed for them i just remember BLACK SEPTEMBER 2002...After the massacre we all ran home cos every one became a suspect as the govt had to deploy army & police men...na from benin i dey watch those when police catch and every day u need to dey check Observer news paper whether dem don put ur name among those when dem rusticate...it wasnt easy, then after everything came mass renunciation of confra boys and joining the anti cult group was just another way to hide ur identity...na so i like to remember am reach...like i said b4..some things are better left unsaid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
runnazz:

My matric day in 1999 (my baptism of fire) was just another confra war that was supposed to have ended but the peace negotiation that very day was another set up to kill the big meats from the other side but in 2002 it was Black September serious attacks on the anti cult groups which left a great number of them dead and their quarters razed down to ashes due to their over zealousness...i remember those days u no fit argue with ur gf she go just run go meet those anti cult boys say u be frat man & that's the end no investigation no questions they will just round u up with guns and some police operatives,beat u up like who thief for market & the next thing straight to Benin state c.i.d,okoh prisons from there na God go save u.They anti cult boys where becoming a menace & they where turning into what they where fighting by their character (gangsters) I can still remember a friend of mine got info on his cheating babe when he get plans to marry just 2 days after he go do shopping for the baby with 40k that yr,so he got to her place and caught her on top the act with one anti cult guy...so my guy just enter the babe with slaps as the guy wanted to show himself we that went there with him fck the idiot up..so he went to arrange with his anti cult group and the girl that my guy was a cultist...omo my street full when they(anti cult) came dem tire cos no body give them chance for nonsense even with their guns and all..then to break up with girl na problem oo once she points u out as a cultist just forget about ur future schooling. Some things are better left unsaid...but i don't think they should have ended that way sha even tho they where getting out of hand..anytime i see those faces on the remembrance bill placed for them i just remember BLACK SEPTEMBER 2002...After the massacre we all ran home cos every one became a suspect as the govt had to deploy army & police men...na from benin i dey watch those when police catch and every day u need to dey check Observer news paper whether dem don put ur name among those when dem rusticate...it wasnt easy, then after everything came mass renunciation of confra boys and joining the anti cult group was just another way to hide ur identity...na so i like to remember am reach...like i said b4..some things are better left unsaid

hmmmm....that's some story

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 25, 2015
neroflo57:

hmmmm....that's some story

Live one...
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by lunacol(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2019
Very pathetic.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
This is just too sad cry
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Beamborla(f): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2020
LuckyLadolce:
Bros u witnessed it? shocked I hail ooooo!! grin
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by bluefilm: 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
Reading this story made me so sad.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Midex88(m): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
There should be a classics board(or subforum) on Nairaland and Threads like this should be stickied permanently in them..
I can only imagine the gory sight that night must hold for people present.
RIP to the fallen generals..
Africa's and Eviano's death were particularly touching.

I agree with this. Future generations can read and learn

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.