Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) (36281 Views)

International Student Scholarship In Australia At Southern Cross University | 20 / Health Group Postgraduate Research Top-up Scholarship At Griffith University, 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by IamDejman(m): 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
“In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” George Orwell

It is imperative at this junction to make us understand certain things. Lagos State University, the great citadel of Knowledge situated in Ojo area of Lagos State, has had certain issues in the last eight months which had even grounded activities at some period.

Today, 20th of August, 2015; a rainy Thursday, we have experienced two different actions at a time. As at 9am this morning, the students’ Union executive had called for a meeting with regard to the purported mass failure of 200l and 300l students offering General Nigerian Studies (GNS). Due to this, an agreement was made by students in attendance to create awareness by blocking the gates of the campuses. It is to be known that this did not affect movement of our lecturers uploading results in the campus.

Therefore, Dr Adekunle Idris, Chairman of ASUU-Lasu, should hold NANS Zone D (SouthWest) for their acts and not the Students’ Union. If our Lecturers think we would stop and hinder them from making us progress, then it cannot be so. I appease all involved to tread softly due to the owing fact that there is a need to avoid a crisis in Lasu especially at this crucial moment when our academic calendar is found wanting.

I applaud both my Union’s Exco act and the actions of NANS Zone D but we all must remember if we do the right thing at the wrong time then there is a problem. For ecery act, we must have the right timing and as such, I beseech them to take cognizance of that fact.

Repositioning Lasu is the duty of all Lasuites and well-wishers of the University. Let’s try our best to work towards that

Ayodeji Cornelius Eluwande (DEJMAN); 200l Common Law.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Farano

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by frankay430(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aluta continua

7 Likes

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Skypelogger: 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ok
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by dawealthiestman(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Greatest Nigerian Students!!!
Greatest Gbogbo!!!!!
Greatest Gbagba!!!!!

Aluta Continua

Do you think we are here to play?

18 Likes

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by mascot87(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Who found my yansh? angry angry
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by allanphash7(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aluta
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by ugomsinachibia: 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Chei...I nearly made first to comment if not for GLO unreliable network...
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by izikjon(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
frankay430:
Aluta continua
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Crispels(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Greatest LASUITES.

Two things happened in Lagos State University today.
1.National Association of Nigerian Students South West
(NANS zone D) came to LASU today and blocked the school
main gates. The reasons for this action is not far fetched.
NANS had earlier given the State government 7-days
ultimatum to solve the hitherto LASU VC crisis(which has
been lingering since March 16).
nigeria.shafaqna.com/EN/NG/795460 . The 7 days
ultimatum elapsed and the state government didn't take any
action. Consequent on this , NANS comrades came to
campus today and locked the two main gates, leaving
banners behind.
2. The Students' union,coincidentally also had plans to
protest prior to NANS arrival. The SUG staged a protest
against an imminent mass failure in GnS 201 and 301.
According to the SUG president (AWO) they heard 75percent
were bound to fail these GnS exams. Thus, they acted. The
mass failure is exclusive to GnS alone and does not cut
across all courses as many people are being made to
believe. The reasons for this mass failure boils down to the
huge number of students that writes the exam. Missing
scripts is always prominent in this course.
Consequent on the foregoing, it suffices to posit a
conclusion that; LASU situation is not as bad as the media
portrays it presently. All she needs is more attention from
the State government. We,the students populace plead to all
parties involved: the State government, our fathers and
mothers in the Staff unions and our sagacious management
to please come together on the peace table and reach a long
lasting solution.
LASU is our darling,our future and our pride, let's join hands
to move it forward.
God bless Lagos State University.
God bless Nigeria.
Thanks.

Dejman i see u.

#Ambode

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by juliusogedengbe(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Skypelogger:
Ok
Inseleto
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Titto93(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
mascot87:
Who found my yansh? angry angry

Person force you to comment?

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by natas22: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
This won't end well for those involved hmmm

A smart suppose to know its just one course they failed you so you suppose to back it up using enough A's from other course so the bad grades can balance up.

Let's pray they won't be victimized by there actions.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by natas22: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
There are better ways to resolve this matter than this.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by ojayfrancis(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Okay

I use this medium to congratulate myself and the new clowns of the NDA

Take my gun and fight for my fatherland

Drop my booth when I die!

6 Likes

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by morereb10: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
mmmmm
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by boboLIL(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nawa oo....

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by agarawu23(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
I just hate that sch undecided
too much wahala, I live close to it and I know the kinda shiiit they pass tru

2 Likes

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by kingarizona1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Okay
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by gabe15(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
nah every time lasu day get problem ni
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by acunon: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
This school self, na schooltivist. Dem no dey use human right play self.
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by gog4life(m): 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by dave2meek(m): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
No victimization of Lasu staffs

2 Likes

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by queenzibah(f): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
When we didn't even understand the OP, well I think they suppose to fail the GNS since you can't make us understand what you re tryin to say

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by passionate88: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
eyah
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by adadadon(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
s
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Richie0974: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by tiswell(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
umuakwukwo
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
He be like say na Latin Op dey talk... for my Ear.

Aluta Continua... Continu grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Omotayor123(f): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
Lasu Aluta on NL FP shocked lipsrsealed
Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Crispels(m): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
agarawu23:
I just hate that sch undecided
too much wahala, I live close to it and I know the kinda shiiit they pass tru

Don't hate us bro, we are good people. Although u may not necessarily hate the students but we are not bad folks as some people think.

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by Crispels(m): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
queenzibah:
When we didn't even understand the OP, well I think they suppose to fail the GNS since you can't make us understand what you re tryin to say

Two things happened in Lagos State University today.
1.National Association of Nigerian Students South West
(NANS zone D) came to LASU today and blocked the school
main gates. The reasons for this action is not far fetched.
NANS had earlier given the State government 7-days
ultimatum to solve the hitherto LASU VC crisis(which has
been lingering since March 16).
nigeria.shafaqna.com/EN/NG/795460 . The 7 days
ultimatum elapsed and the state government didn't take any
action. Consequent on this , NANS comrades came to
campus today and locked the two main gates, leaving
banners behind.
2. The Students' union,coincidentally also had plans to
protest prior to NANS arrival. The SUG staged a protest
against an imminent mass failure in GnS 201 and 301.
According to the SUG president (AWO) they heard 75percent
were bound to fail these GnS exams. Thus, they acted. The
mass failure is exclusive to GnS alone and does not cut
across all courses as many people are being made to
believe. The reasons for this mass failure boils down to the
huge number of students that writes the exam. Missing
scripts is always prominent in this course.
Consequent on the foregoing, it suffices to posit a
conclusion that; LASU situation is not as bad as the media
portrays it presently. All she needs is more attention from
the State government. We,the students populace plead to all
parties involved: the State government, our fathers and
mothers in the Staff unions and our sagacious management
to please come together on the peace table and reach a long
lasting solution.
LASU is our darling,our future and our pride, let's join hands
to move it forward.
God bless Lagos State University.
God bless Nigeria.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) by DeKen: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. / Past And Serving Governors That Attended UNILAG / This Newspaper Clip Is So Hilarious. You Don't Wanna Regret Not Reading It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.