Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. (13128 Views)

UNILORIN Before And Now (photos) / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Of UNILORIN In Sex Scandal (Audio Clip) / Where Are The UNILORIN Students? I Need Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 1:18pm On May 13, 2015
I really enjoyed it. Literature is good. I felt like I was there. kiss

Fynestboi, when will we have the Ife version?
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Yemiolads(f): 1:20pm On May 13, 2015
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by dynamic006(m): 1:21pm On May 13, 2015
Habeeb,when u get to unilorin remember to canvass unilorite to vote ALAO idris observation as the SU president. I rep love lane adjacent lagos hostel to zamfara hostel, coca cola, walk way, skyway and SUB smiley
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 1:23pm On May 13, 2015
onosprince:

My brother, why this undecided
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 1:24pm On May 13, 2015
Vicjustice:
Q

Q for Queen Elizabeth. tongue
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by MzMay(f): 1:25pm On May 13, 2015
grin
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by MzMay(f): 1:25pm On May 13, 2015
grin xoo luvin dis
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 1:25pm On May 13, 2015
Klasique911:
F

F for FeeDeeFee. undecided
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 1:26pm On May 13, 2015
fpeter:
i was here

The struggle is real, sis. cool
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 1:27pm On May 13, 2015
nobody:
K

KK. undecided
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Olutola88(m): 1:27pm On May 13, 2015
Lemme comment before reading grin

I remember our darling love lane, it was the arena where we collected "Cooler" from the ladies grin (only the real Unilorin Alumnus and Students will understand this)

I remember some other cool spots too. Like the Student Union Building, Sky way... grin

2 Likes

Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by damiandammy(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2015
love lane indeed...the confluence of male and female hostellers .....as omo igboro I used to cross the love lane and then to my dept gat no business with the love lane....I rep better by far
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by fpeter(f): 1:33pm On May 13, 2015
PHgirl:

The struggle is real, sis. cool

my sister i tellz u...LOL
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by hammedroyabat(m): 1:34pm On May 13, 2015
I really enjoy dis...though i dnt where u talking about...bt i can get d gist nd what goes on around dere
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 13, 2015
PHgirl:

KK. undecided
kkk. . UNQUOTE ME
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by samsoft00: 2:00pm On May 13, 2015
Me and "white" stay in the same hostel together during his 200 Level days, To be honest, Love lane is an incredible place to be at night and that's where my friend and his fiance exchange cooler (Food) every evening but so sad, they ended their relationship at Unilorin gate. SAD!

2 Likes

Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Olutola88(m): 2:00pm On May 13, 2015
Hidentity:
They stand in twos in strategic locations savouring the quiet nature of the night under the winking stars. Littered all over the floor are the ìràwés and dead flowers making efforts to live again by the caress of the tender breeze and sight of aspiring couples. It is uncommon to see two standing still and stuck like the Yoruba cultural èère ìbejì which separation might spell doom. Silhouettes abound in shapes and shades as diverse lips whisper sweet nothing to curious ears. As for the courteous Igi ìsáná which paves way for a carefully tarred road towards the school clinic, they dare not meddle as they are destined to watch and wish without more. Cascading the environment is a keen contest of beauties, sizes, shapes and pickup lines. Brazenly, walking through the concourses of this love setting single is like a blind negotiating for an expensive wrist watch- ìrònú fit kill person! In a frenzy of introspective imagination, a realistic sketch of Cupid appears close to the moon for true lovers to behold at this sacred lane of the institution. The love lane is just a few metres away from the motor park of the 1975 born Better by far university.

There is no doubt that there are several joints in the university of Ilorin- the skyways, walkways, coca cola village, SUB arena, PGD boulevards, law park, law resorts etc. These joints are celebrated for the fun and respite they afford callers anytime a need to live beyond the academic race comes. However, as a well travelled student within the various locations in the school, the engineers that constructed these venues were unable to construct nature there- the positioning of the moon, trees, stars and whirlwind tone like a notification of Orò's approach. This sleepless night afforded me a chance to reflect and give the verdict that the LOVE LANE is the mother of all joints. Forget the romantic touch of the zephyr while sitting or standing under those trees adjoining the DSA's office. After all, the DSA would not hug you except you make a first class, but I contend that we all deserve a hug. An embrace beyond an academic one given by our Deans on occasional basis.

Sailing on the sea of worthy pasts, I have come to realize that those things that money can't buy are actually at the love lane. Beyond the prejudiced supposition of immorality prevalent in institutions, the love lane is themed with plethora of world changing factors- friendship, love, trust, inspiration, compassion and motivation. There are instances where strolls are taken to this joint to await coolers from our female counterparts when the week of pride dwindles. Down moments when they need a shoulder to lean on and cry for the outcome of that CBT exam- at the love lane, we allow them. It does not matter to us that the man who won the heart is in Ile-Ife as long as we can be there for their sisí in ònà ìfé (love lane). The love lane is a world that proves the unity in diversities. It is an avenue where you can lap a partner bigger than your destiny without getting fatigued.

There, inspiration for the poem, Sisí ológe came and we did write it. We observed that the lavender of some female callers endangers the sleeping birds and bats. At the love lane, we saw the vision to create the Àsàké poetic story based on the ladies changing partners like a chameleon changes colour. From those lines reflections were provoked from far and near. Lessons taught and learnt beyond the love lane. From the thought of the dead leaves and flowers struggling to live again by the wind's touches at the love lane, we wrote Ìràwé and readers took a pause to ponder on the transient nature of life and temporal nature of beauty. The Ìgboro poetic complaint to the street that won a prize was inspired by a mere stare down the love lane. Though, there is no doubt that while some trust at the love lane, some thrust, a few rot and others love. But an attempt to put an end to the business at the love lane because of a few rough edges is like avoiding sleep because of death.

Dear Professor Abdul-Ganiyu Ambali, as one of my revered Facebook friends and academic father, I am aware that you embrace incredible ideas. With that, you have really transformed the school. In the spirit of that, if you get to read this, may I beg thee to preserve the love lane for us? Or better still, create another love garden where my alma mater can produce the Romeo and Juliet that won't commit suicide. Upon this, I shall apply for a break from my firm to submit a proposal and defend such with recommendations before the Senate if this offer is considered worthy of acceptance. And sir, tell those security men to stop parading that joint at night as if their lives depend on it. If they are eager to work, the Nigerian Army is largely recruiting. Their unsolicited interference is affecting the input and output over there. I know you would be thinking our academic life will be jeopardized, that is not so sir. Habeeb Whyte and I were among the trustees of the love lane back then, though with different motives. You may check our academic record and activities on campus, we were not bad. And at the risk of sounding proud, the council of legal education rated our set first in Nigeria in the just concluded bar exams, and the love lane helped in cooling down tension before we went to the law school.

On Thursday, I shall step the soil of my alma mater again to honour the invitation of UCJ. Meanwhile, I shall stage a protest walk to the faculty of law to confirm whether the callup letter I saw online was the same sent to the school. If yes, the Dean would have some explanations to make. He should tell me the crime I committed to warrant being thrown to Borno. But before then, I shall head for the love lane to offer some poetic sacrifice to Cupid. After all, the Bible reads- ìfé ni àkójá òfin.
LMAO! Bravo! A masterly crafted piece, I love the humour too. e possible make I sabi this OP. Btw, is your friend and colleague Habeeb Whyte a Nairaland member?
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by samsoft00: 2:04pm On May 13, 2015
Olutola88:
LMAO! Bravo! A masterly crafted piece, I love the humour too. e possible make I sabi this OP. Btw, is your friend and colleague Habeeb Whyte a Nairaland member?

Check out his profile here.... https://www.facebook.com/whyte002?fref=ts
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Fynestboi: 2:12pm On May 13, 2015
PHgirl:
I really enjoyed it. Literature is good. I felt like I was there. kiss

Fynestboi, when will we have the Ife version?

In the next 3 years maybe. kiss
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by hawk05(m): 2:16pm On May 13, 2015
We own the probity, we know the doctrine.. Indeed, Probitas Doctrina per excellency..
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 2:19pm On May 13, 2015
nobody:
kkk. . UNQUOTE ME
angry
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by PHgirl(f): 2:24pm On May 13, 2015
Fynestboi:

In the next 3 years maybe. kiss

shocked sad
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 13, 2015
Probitas doctirina.my beloved school.I rep two VC then 1year with OBA 3 years with Shamsideen.block 1 was my departmental abode.abuja hostel was were we get our night food from good hearted ladies tru coolers.MUD court was where I do ky serious reading.LT1-3 was were we disturb the ladies.u need to walk the length of d walk way down to engineering then move to education at night to see d beauty of my school at night.
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Teespice(f): 2:54pm On May 13, 2015
reminds me of the Senate garden back in school
or is it lagoon front?
choi.
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by olenime(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2015
A pic would have nailed it! #gbam!
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 13, 2015
Repping lagos Hostel(girls) I miss my unilorin days.
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by peter07(m): 3:46pm On May 13, 2015
Thinking about my alma mata; i remember those days of xtan fellowship near buka arena, i enjoyed it
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by ojimma: 4:00pm On May 13, 2015
Airforce1:
Longer than the history of Nigeria since 1960

Can't read all that

Walks out of thread
SILENCE!!!! A learned gentleman lives here.
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by NiceHans: 4:22pm On May 13, 2015
Religious restrictions abound in these northern school, it affects ev thing
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by jubriano93(m): 4:26pm On May 13, 2015
Sounds like Motion Ground and Anglomoz of OAU
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by okooloyun1(m): 4:42pm On May 13, 2015
Re: The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. by tabolaji: 4:43pm On May 13, 2015
BRAVO GUY!!! i left unilorin many years ago but i must confess the piece brought back the memories like watching a 3D movie. it was so interesting that i had to read it again and again.
Am not surprise at some people's comments though: vimi, anaskie, and leshluap - if only you guys know what we talking about, you will nominate him for national award!! smiley

Well done bro!!

......probitas doctrina

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

51 Lagos Teachers Fail Professional Examination / JAMB: Report Any Institution That Charges More Than N2000 For Post-UTME / Why Do You Think Your School Is The Best In Nigeria? – 5 Camon CX Up For Grabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.