Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague (1489 Views)

LASEMA Response Unit Puts Off Fire At A Shoping Complex In Yaba / Should Other People's Plague And Misfortune Be A Basis For Us To Thank God? / Awoof - How To Buy On Konga For Free Without Paying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 5:58pm On May 12, 2015
My experience with Konga Online

This is my first time of buying online in Nigeria, skeptical I decide to use pay on delivery.

Order 2 items in fix hit note and Dell inspired 3541 dual core.

Ordered may1 it arrived may 6. The hotel note has no issue, but the laptop is deaud on arrival.
I called CS to complain after charging the laptop for 6 hours. And the lady said someone will get across to me.
The next day no call from konga. I called in again I got the same story. Called 3rd day same story. Later in the afternoon the third day I received a mail that they can't reach me, I called in immediately and they game me same story,"someone will call you shortly". Finally someone called and told me I will have to return the laptop and they will send it to the engineer to repair and send back to me (please did I pay for repaired laptop or new one) they finally sent me a mail with a return address in abeokuta whereas they delivered the laptop to my house in ijebu ode. Below is their message

Dear Olusegun,

Thank you for contacting Konga.com

Sequel to our telephone,

Kindly drop off this item at one of our offices located at the address below within 48 hours.

32 Quarry Road, Abeokuta.

Please ensure that the package is dropped off in line with the criteria below;

Item is in the same condition as delivered
Item is returned in its original packaging with all accessories intact (Where applicable)
Invoice is included with the reason for return stated on

The return process may take up to 10 business days depending on your location and claim to be confirmed.

Please note that if return is not made within the given time frame (48 hours), the item will no longer be eligible for return and this case will be closed.

You may contact us on 01-4605555 or 08094605555 or email help@konga.com should you have any outstanding queries.

Yours sincerely,

Zainab Olaleye

For: Konga Nigeria.
ref:_00Db0cexg._500b0IvkU6:ref ".

I replied instant. My reply below

"Zainab,
How can I go and drop off in abeokuta. I request you send a replacement ft for the defective laptop . Your delivery man delivered the package to my house in ijebu ode. I will never accept a repaired laptop for a brand new one that I paid for.
I am holding the package until I get a replacement or use as evidence incase I might need it.
I am putting it to you that you know the laptop is defective before you send it to me. A copy of the mail has been forwarded to my lawyer and he's well briefed.

Regards"

Till date nothing has been done and I keep calling in daily to get the same old story. The made several deliveries to ijebu ode after they delivered to me, but they were never serious about their PR or replacing my order. The funniest part is they denied seeing my response to their email. I still called them today before posting this online to advise people against placing an order with konga for valuable item. If anything goes wrong, you will not get a refund not a replacement in time.

"BE WISE AND AVOID KONGA LIKE A PLAGUE"

I don't have any means of getting across to decision makers in konga. And I am waiting for them to resolve this as quick as possible. I will keep you guys posted as event unfolds. If you need more detailed information call me on 08053926876.

If anyone knows how to get the issue resolved faster or how to get my money back please advice asap

Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by opeaceo: 6:04pm On May 12, 2015
Most online shopping malls are guilty of this issue, they rarely return your cash or replace your goods with a new one.
I hope your case get resolved as soon as possible.
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Dioxidane: 6:54pm On May 12, 2015
Konga ko, well ni undecided... When Alaba and Computer Village still opens?

I'm always an advocate of buying electronic gadgets at reputable outlets, where you can always return the device if it's faulty or have issues... To me, all these online shopping ish is just for 'forming'... The annoying part is the fact that some of the things you buy online are even more expensive...

2 Likes

Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 6:58pm On May 12, 2015
@opeaceo. I don't buy my electronic in Nigeria and my first experience is terrible. They imitate and order their products from the US unless they adult rate from China. Their is manufacturer warrantee, why will they tell me they will send the laptop to technician for repair then they will blend it back to me. That the poorest Public Relation I can ever think of and gather were only concerned about sales and not customer satisfaction. I wish they have consumers protection unit.
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 7:04pm On May 12, 2015
@dioxifane, no mind me, I no dry used to buying from stored. I should have bought it from the US ad usual. The laptop I was using broke down and I need a replacement urgently that's why I tried konga. I am blaming myself now
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 5:18pm On May 13, 2015
Hello guys,

I promise to update as event unfolds.

Someone from the truck department called me this even and asked what actually happened. I explained my ordeal to him. He apologise for the way I was treated and explained that they need to receive a return before they can authorise a return. He said they will send his report that despatch rider should be sent to pick it up and that someone will call be before close of work today or before noon tomorrow.

I will wait if they keep to their word and update asap.

Thanks guys for all your comments
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 10:47am On May 14, 2015
Update on my experience with Konga online

Yesterday evening someone from the tech department of Konga named Charles called me to check if the fault can be solved on the phone and I explain to him that it's dead on arrival. He said that will be replaced and that he will contact the management to give them a report that someone will get across to me before noon today.

Few minutes later I received a mail giving me the same condition that I should return to abeokuta. I replied the mail that I don't have the time to do that.

This morning a lady called Aisha called me. She was so helpful and she explain that they need the laptop to be returned so they can process a replacement. She further explain that to avoid lost during transit thays why they implement the policy that all return should be made by customers and since I have an exemptions case she will see to it that the item Is picked up.

Few minute later someone called me from their drop-off centre in abeokuta that they will come for the pickup today. I am still waiting to see if they will keep to their word.

I will update as even unfolds.

Thankz
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 2:19am On May 15, 2015
Hello guys

Finally konga dispatch showed up to pick the defective laptop. I am waiting to see how long it will take for them to replace.

Will keep you guys posted. I really appreciate all your comments
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by kushma(m): 9:26am On May 15, 2015
Guy this you talk nah true that i$ what that happened to ma friend that bought a phone frm them. The next the Phone $poilt it ha$ been up to a month he returned it but it ha$ not been changed
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by OfficialIYANU(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2015
My Rule of Thumb - "Never buy any gadget online!" How do you pay for a gadget you have not tested! Coupled with is expenses, that's a No-Brainer for me!

Meanwhile, download this Banging New Gospel track here to coolè your mind: cheesy

[url=http://tindeck.com/download/pro/jflok/%5Btindeck.com]Free MP3 download: DANCE_IYANU FT. EL.mp3[/url]

Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by olayiwolar1(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2015
I hope it won't be the laptop you returned to me they will send to me. Cause I just ordered for the
same Dell Inspiron 3541 Amd dual core.

It will not be funny o cause me I don't have a lawyer I'll handle my case myself.

undecidedIs there a way I can cancel an order??
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 9:10pm On May 25, 2015
Olayiwolar. They will give you brand new one, no worry
Re: Be Wise Avoid Shoping On Konga Like A Plague by Mayol: 9:13pm On May 25, 2015
UPDATE

I promise to update the thread as even unfolds. Finally around 4pm this evening I got a replacement for the defected laptop. Brand new.

Thanks you all for your comments and advice as I wind down the thread in few days.

Thanks All

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Jaybee3 / German Paypal Using Payoneer German Bank Account Number! / Earn Up To 200k A Month With A One Time Investment Of $2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.