Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's (970 Views)

Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? / Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 / Top 5 Most Corrupt Government Agencies Siphoning Nigeria's Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by james669: 10:51am On May 13, 2015
Transparency International has adjudged President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime the least corrupt government in Nigeria since 1999. On the other hand, according to TI corruption index report, Olusegun Obasanjo’s regime was the most corrupt government not only in Nigeria but in the entire world in year 2000. However, The country’s ranking increased marginally by 2003 even though it still ranked the second most corrupt worldwide.

In the 2014, Transparency In­ternational’s Corruption Perception Index ranked Nigeria 136 out of 175 countries. Even though this is not a ranking worthy of celebration, it is the first time in the past decade in which Nigeria was not listed among the top 10 most corrupt countries in the world. It is believed to be a step in the right direction and the new government of Muhammadu Buhari must ensure it doesn't get worse. Nigeria's current rate is 27.

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/821-jonathan-s-administration-ranked-least-corrupt-government-since-1999-obasanjo-s-worst
Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by Nobody: 10:52am On May 13, 2015
Who ever carried out this investigation is on cheap drugz

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by drtwist(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2015
The guy with first to comment don't want to say above me (because he can never be above me) is a tribalist from the north by calling fashola his guy and Ameachi a role model. Fashola is 100% better than Ameachi just because he help you to fight against a southerner na make him a role modern with rivers among the least well govern state since he assume the fight. For me uduaghan is better than him so stop bringing out the illiterate part of you.

To the topic
the truth remain that the people around the president never helped him to manage the media aspects of his government. They gave free hands to the media because of the FOI, bill
Which gives the opposition an avenue to make his government look like there is nothing positive about it. I know Buhari will help packages the media to help send better information abt his government

# respect for GEJ

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by Mogidi: 10:57am On May 13, 2015
Jklue007:

Says the man who has done his own research. Why not publish your findings about GEJ's corruption?
Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by Nobody: 11:12am On May 13, 2015
Clear my throat...
Take my seat...
Wear my goggles...

What's the topic again?
Each time Nigeria is mentioned on international scene it always make my wonder...
Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by BrokenTV: 11:19am On May 13, 2015
Jklue007:

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
Just the same way that whoever believe that GEJ regime is more corrupt than OBJ regime is on a cheap drug.
Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by james669: 11:23am On May 13, 2015
Jklue007:

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

It is you who is uninformed and biased. Go to Transparency International Website and see the facts for yourself. i.e. if you have the mental capacity for research. The report only interpreted the facts. That is to show that GEJ has been unjustly maligned by the APC cows
GEJ my HERO 24/7
Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by peleson: 11:53am On May 13, 2015
Who does not know that GEJ was running a very less corrupt government than any other in the history of Nigeria?
QUICK GLANCE!
In just 1st 3years, Gej established 13 functional federal Universities. While Obj in all his 8years was busy with his personal university named bells university and his deputy Atiku was busy with North American university in yola! The most expensive University in West Africa!
COMPARISM
Pls compare this 2 administration and tell me who meant well for the masses of Nigeria?
QUICK REMEMBRANCE
Oby was a minister of education in Obj's regime!
Is it not hypocritical for her to criticise anybody?
If Buhari means well for Nigeria, does he need people like Oby Ezekwesili? No
BUT
Buhari does not only have corrupt and hypocritical Oby Ezekwesili but he has Atiku as his best friend
SO
In conclusion, Buhari's Regime is corrupt even before it gets started! Do not forget Tinubu!
Re: Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's by ahaz: 12:21pm On May 13, 2015
peleson:
Who does not know that GEJ was running a very less corrupt government than any other in the history of Nigeria?
QUICK GLANCE!
In just 1st 3years, Gej established 13 functional federal Universities. While Obj in all his 8years was busy with his personal university named bells university and his deputy Atiku was busy with North American university in yola! The most expensive University in West Africa!
COMPARISM
Pls compare this 2 administration and tell me who meant well for the masses of Nigeria?
QUICK REMEMBRANCE
Oby was a minister of education in Obj's regime!
Is it not hypocritical for her to criticise anybody?
If Buhari means well for Nigeria, does he need people like Oby Ezekwesili? No
BUT
Buhari does not only have corrupt and hypocritical Oby Ezekwesili but he has Atiku as his best friend
SO
In conclusion, Buhari's Regime is corrupt even before it gets started! Do not forget Tinubu!
in gejs voice posterity will judge me and it has started

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen, Anambra Communities In Cat And Mouse Relationship / Npdc, Nupeng And Pengassan Strike To Protest Against Dubious Moves By FG / Pictures Of World Leaders Taking A Dump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.