Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. (25766 Views)

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Smurfette(f): 8:10pm On May 13, 2015
BrightEye:

gaskiya ce. Nima na yarda da cewa hausawa mutanen gaskiya da imani ce, amma addini ce'a masalan su.

Yoruba for sure.
yawanchi masu damu da addini wanda basu je makaranta bane, ama wanda sun je makarantan boko ba su damu da adini sosai ba.
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Smurfette(f): 8:13pm On May 13, 2015
Aleeyouchalawa:
kaje ko ina bakazo kebbi ba cry
na je illela international market a kebbi ai, kebbi akwai nesa sosai.

2 Likes

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by BrightEye(m): 8:17pm On May 13, 2015
Smurfette:
yawanchi masu damu da addini wanda basu je makaranta bane, ama wanda sun je makarantan boko ba su damu da adini sosai ba.

to, zan iya yarda da maganan ki, amma mastala itace wadannan da basuda ilimin boko sunfi masu ilimi boko yawa sosai a garin hausawa.

1 Like

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 13, 2015
Very well detailed article. Except for a few spelling errors. tongue
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nowenuse: 8:26pm On May 13, 2015
efilefun:
Wow nice one but must everything end with "anci" Please any hausa in the building should tell us the meaning of "anci"

ANCI simply signifies dialect of a place

1 Like

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 13, 2015
faveniska:
wow, great and delailed list.
I lived with my Uncle in Hadejia (Jiagawa) in the past and later did my youth service in Sokoto. I noticed the great difference in d hausa dialects spoken in both towns even though i could only understand little of what they were saying
Sokoto dialect seems like the hardest dialect of hausa language.

Walahi
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 8:28pm On May 13, 2015
Gombs:

Kwarai kwa. Ni na zauna shekaru shida a Gombe, na yi Zaman yola, Bauchi,... Hausawa mutanen masu hankali, aman adinnin ya sa waddan su hauka.

Proudly Igbo sha. cool

An iyamiri is always inyamiri. Your likes are curse to naija
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nowenuse: 8:30pm On May 13, 2015
coldgate:
OP: Allah ya ja zamanin ka. Ka kyauta.

Ameen. Sanu yar'uwa
Ke bahaushiya ne?
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nowenuse: 8:31pm On May 13, 2015
ebdib:
Very well detailed article. Except for a few spelling errors. tongue

So, where are the errors here?
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 13, 2015
a.boki
ebdib:

Walahi
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by sayusuf(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2015
Aleeyouchalawa:
Ahhh ashe dai akwai hausawa dayawa a naira land amma in ana zagin mu baku cewa komai cry

Kasan ance shiru ma Magana ce.

2 Likes

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Smurfette(f): 8:40pm On May 13, 2015
BrightEye:

to, zan iya yarda da maganan ki, amma mastala itace wadannan da basuda ilimin boko sunfi masu ilimi boko yawa sosai a garin hausawa.
gaskiyan ka ne fa.
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 13, 2015
havennie:

Nice work @ OP
Very informative thread,
The last thread on hausa dialects here was not an informative list and typically lacks validity and truthfulness.

The mods should try to move this thread to FP cos i observed that most southernerns cannot differentiate properly between 1st language hausa speakers and 2nd language hausa speakers.

You are Spot on!
It has deprived so much. The average Southerner refers to all Northerners as Hausas.
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by iykeaniogbe(m): 8:47pm On May 13, 2015
Abayhormy:
So I hope people that don't know the north and just categorize all northerners to be hausa can read this write up carefully. The real hausa states are not that much. The likes of benue, taraba, nassarawa, pleatue, Niger, borno and others are not indigenous hausa,infact these states has a lot of Christians and non-hausas than you can imagine.
yeah bro u forgot to name kaduna, Gombe and also Adamawa

2 Likes

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by NupeZalla(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2015
Hausawa plenty 4 nairaland
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by NupeZalla(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2015
nima Bahaushe ne Daga Bida
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 13, 2015
sirRiddy:
a.boki

Lmaoooo
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Gombs(m): 9:45pm On May 13, 2015
Smurfette:
Chap waye ne ya koya maka hausa haka, gaskiya na chire maka hula, na yi zaman, sokoto da zamfara, da nasarawa da plateau.

A Gombe ne na koya hausa. I'm a born and bred Jtown fellow. A great Jossite, and a JOStified bloke. cheesy
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by gwales: 9:52pm On May 13, 2015
Op kayi kokari grin
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nowenuse: 9:54pm On May 13, 2015
NupeZalla:
nima Bahaushe ne Daga Bida

Are u sure u a hausa?
So why answering Nupe zalla? Banufe irin ka....LoL
No hausa from Bida ok?
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 13, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm op
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by abdillahee(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2015
Allah ya bamu sa'a, Hausanci yare ne mai sauki da dan danon dadi, ku koya masu
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by abdillahee(m): 10:39pm On May 13, 2015
Hausawa mutanene masu hakuri kuma basu da kabilanci, masu tsafta da kawun halaiya, shiya yaruka ke kishin su
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by cuteniva: 11:12pm On May 13, 2015
Gombs:

A Gombe ne na koya hausa. I'm a born and bred Jtown fellow. A great Jossite, and a JOStified bloke. cheesy
wow!!!!great josite!!! grin
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by secretaryabdul(m): 12:42am On May 14, 2015
godoluwa
Na ur father create internet abi? Akuya.
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by secretaryabdul(m): 1:07am On May 14, 2015
Hausa has the largest native & non-native speakers in Africa. The simpilcity of the language and also the hospitality of Hausa people made the language & cultures appealing to its neighbours. Hausa language and way of life has conquered many and the trend will continue not by force but by God's will, by now Hausa language is spoken whether as 1st or 2nd language by at least 75% of northers. (haters of hausas should go and end ur miserable lyf in a lagoon).
Hause has native speakers in 11 African countries as well as in the middle east. (how many countries is ur native language spoken in? Ethnic bigot?) Hausa has a written history dating back to at least 700yrs. What about ur language looser? No single book was written in ur language 250yrs ago. If there was, then prove it.
Hausa people are well known merchants through out history, that is why they ve established trading camps referred to as Zongos, now a flourishing comunity found all over west and north Africa. Where was ur comunity then? Perhabs in the jungle wrestling with ur family members, the Chimpanzees. Banzaye aladu.

1 Like

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by sisisioge: 1:10am On May 14, 2015
Nowenuse:

Yes u are quite correct.
I myself am a 2nd language hausa speaker, i find it to understand n speak Zaria, Kano, Bauchi, Jigawa and most of the eastern hausa dialects but switching to Sokoto, Gobir or any other eastern hausa dialects is entirely something else.
Sokoto is not even the worst, i think Gobiranchi is one of the deepest hausa dialects in Nigeria, if they speak i can hardly understand most of what they say

My brother, I have always been interested in proper learning of the Hausa language. Could you pls point me to the right direction? A suggestion of an audio book( if avail) will be preferred. Thanks a ton.
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by sisisioge: 1:14am On May 14, 2015
secretaryabdul:
Hausa has the largest native & non-native speakers in Africa. The simpilcity of the language and also the hospitality of Hausa people made the language & cultures appealing to its neighbours. Hausa language and way of life has conquered many and the trend will continue not by force but by God's will, by now Hausa language is spoken whether as 1st or 2nd language by at least 75% of northers. (haters of hausas should go and end ur miserable lyf in a lagoon).
Hause has native speakers in 11 African countries as well as in the middle east. (how many countries is ur native language spoken in? Ethnic bigot?) Hausa has a written history dating back to at least 700yrs. What about ur language looser? No single book was written in ur language 250yrs ago. If there was, then prove it.
Hausa people are well known merchants through out history, that is why they ve established trading camps referred to as Zongos, now a flourishing comunity found all over west and north Africa. Where was ur comunity then? Perhabs in the jungle wrestling with ur family members, the Chimpanzees. Banzaye aladu.

Oga I bear olive branch...just want to learn the language. Any audio book for it? I live in Lagos.Thanks. Baakeria
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by secretaryabdul(m): 1:37am On May 14, 2015
sisisioge
Being a native hausa speaker and not in the academic line, i care less about Hausa language teaching material. But i may advise u to get a Hausa friend esp one from Kano (because kano dialect is easier to learn) hausa folks re friendly and like sharing their language - perhaps the reason 4 the popularity of their language which many haters envy. or better still tune in to a Hausa radio programs which is available in all major foreign radio broadcasters, bbchausa, voahausa, rfihausa, deutschwelle, etc. They offer news & other reports with special emphasis on Hausa communities. They re all available online.

1 Like

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by almuzy(m): 1:43am On May 14, 2015
Gombs:

Kwarai kwa. Ni na zauna shekaru shida a Gombe, na yi Zaman yola, Bauchi,... Hausawa mutanen masu hankali, aman adinnin ya sa waddan su hauka.

Proudly Igbo sha. cool

Igbo mutane masu wayo kuma kudi yasa mafi yawansu hauka

1 Like

Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by sisisioge: 2:17am On May 14, 2015
secretaryabdul:

Being a native hausa speaker and not in the academic line, i care less about Hausa language teaching material. But i may advise u to get a Hausa friend esp one from Kano (because kano dialect is easier to learn) hausa folks re friendly and like sharing their language - perhaps the reason 4 the popularity of their language which many haters envy. or better still tune in to a Hausa radio programs which is available in all major foreign radio broadcasters, bbchausa, voahausa, rfihausa, deutschwelle, etc. They offer news & other reports with special emphasis on Hausa communities. They re all available online.

Cool. Thanks a ton.
Re: Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. by aminho(m): 3:10am On May 14, 2015
Sai godiya nima ganinan daga maiduguri birnin shehu! ! Allah ya sa mu dache kuma Allah yahada Kan en arewa gabadaya

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel / Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) / Alaafin Of Oyo Bags 2 Doctorate Degrees From A South Korean University(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.