Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria (45092 Views)

Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions / DIY Guides: How To Fix An Overheating Car / Check Your Tokunbo Custom Duties Status B4 Traveling For Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hello my fellow NLR: I bought this car 2 yrs ago in tokunboh, recently it started giving me over heating problem, the problems persisted until the gasket get burnt, so my mech engr told me to get a new one in which we did but after we have fix the new gasket, d problem of over heating still continue , to the extend that, it is more worst than before and i can not even take it from the mech workshop, the car has been in mech workshop for over 2 weeks now.. so when i called my mech, he told me that.. i will need to buy a new engine but my surprise is.. how can i buy a new engine because of just over heating when the engine is not knock or given knocking sound.. please advice me, maybe the mech engr is not making sense or how can i get a solution to this over heating issue. please advice your fellow brother. thanks
Re: The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Most times I think the problem with our cars is not even the "Kazeems" its we the cars owners ourselves. We don't really know what we ought to know ask for.

What you need to know before getting a new gasket is the cause of the overheating in the 1st place. If the cause of overheating had been identified the new gasket would not have gone bad.

Besides for the car to become hot to the extent of the gasket blowing most likely your mechanic must have tinkered with the cars factory setting. Pray the Guru's see your post so that they can help.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria by cardoctor(m): 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
PHEWWW. IM ALREADY OVERHEATING.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
cardoctor:
Kilode?
Re: The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria by Emperoh(m): 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
cardoctor:

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria by Justtly: 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Very interesting topic. Timeless If you're in Nigeria, cos of all the quacks.
So far, i agree that there are a variety of things that could cause overheating.
Bad hoses, thermostat, radiator, water pump, cap, coolant, Clogged radiators, running short on engine oil, improperly sized radiators etc

To pick up from improperly sized radiators/ incorrect cooling spec. Take a look at these figures from Audi 97- 2000 service manual.

Radiator cap 1.4-1.6bar
Thermostat opens 87℃
Engine oil with filter 6.0l
Cooling system 8.5l

This for an Audi A6. The interesting thing is, that I typed in google do Audi technical specifications differ from country to country. What did I find?

Took me straight to audi legal. This is some of what I saw.

Non-liability Clause
AUDI AG takes great care in compiling the contents of these internet pages and makes sure that they are updated on a regular basis. They are nevertheless only meant to provide non-binding general information and cannot replace detailed individual advice to help the prospective buyer make his decision. The technical features and equipment of the vehicles described are only examples. Such features and equipments can vary especially depending on the country where they are sold. They are subject to alterations at any time. You will get binding up-to-date specifications on the features, equipments or characteristics of our vehicles exclusively from your authorized dealer or importer.AUDI AG does not guarantee that the information on these pages is up-to-date, accurate and complete, or that they can be accessed without disturbance at any time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five Things You Should Know To Avoid Being Defrauded In A Nigerian Fuel Station / Car Logo Game: Tell Us The Names Of These Car Brands Using Their Logos Only / 7 Features To Look Out For When Buying A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.