Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:46 AM

Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death (30591 Views)

Abuja Hospital Abandons Accident Victim For Hours Over Inability To Pay N3,500 / Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja / Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 13, 2015
A reader just sent me this heartbreaking story from Twitter, guys. Just read and be amazed. People had actually abandoned the accident victims cos they feared dealing with the police, they were afraid of police case. Tweets below

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/05/very-sad-story-of-how-nigerians-left.html

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 13, 2015
Read these set of tweets from very bottom to top.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 13, 2015
more frm bottom to top

2 Likes

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by donbenedict(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2015
Reminds me of d story of the good samaritan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Pinocchioo(f): 9:45pm On May 13, 2015
so much to tell for the giants of africa
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Airforce1(m): 9:45pm On May 13, 2015
angry
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Yustash001(m): 9:52pm On May 13, 2015
Don't know why people are doing that...instead of them to help the victim...they busy snapping incident...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by mikidoo1(m): 9:55pm On May 13, 2015
May God help our health care system... so so sad

2 Likes

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by sinaj(f): 10:06pm On May 13, 2015
embarassed
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Babe2sure(f): 10:10pm On May 13, 2015
Its a very sad and disturbing situation. The whole situation is a mess and its getting messier by the day. People not stopping to help accident victims and doctors demanding payment before they could attend to people in emergency situations. The system had gone pear shaped.embarassed

Laws should be promulgated in that regard, to protect "Good samaritans" against undue harrasment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Smartresult(f): 11:12pm On May 14, 2015
why geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeej!
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by EagleScribes: 11:12pm On May 14, 2015
That shows how terrible our system is.

The decay has eaten so deep even into people's minds. Only God has save us here. Our help comes from nowhere else

2 Likes

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by AndreRose(f): 11:12pm On May 14, 2015
Yustash001:
Don't know why people are doing that...instead of them to help the victim...they busy snapping incident...
You took the word out of my mouth. This same thing happened in the recent danfo bus that got burnt in lagos. Though, the victims weren't said to have died.
Wonder how some people can have the heart to pass the victims. This is so sad.

1 Like

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by publicenemy(m): 11:12pm On May 14, 2015
No
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Segadem(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2015
GOD have mercy
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by ridewithuzo(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2015
...+...
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by boman2014: 11:14pm On May 14, 2015
undecided I feel your pain...

Even some i.diot will take pictures of the accident victim without offering any help sad Gosh!
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Phamoxy(m): 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
Naija we hail thee, some people are naturally wicked.

1 Like

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by umarc19: 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
Eyyah, so sad... embarassed

May the victim rest in peace.

Shedding tears.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by WebSurfer(m): 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
I MET A SIMILAR CASE DURING THE EBOLA PERIOD, THOUGH I WAS SCARED AS THE VICTIM WAS A COMPLETE STRANGER BUT I HAD NO CHANCE THAN TAKE THE RISK SINCE SHE WAS PREGNANT AND COLLAPSING BY THE ROADSIDE JUST VERY LATE AROUND 8-9PM, EVENTUALLY EVEN AFTER THAT, HOSPITALS, DOCTORS, NURSES SURPRISED ME, IT WAS FINALLY A FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER WHO ACCEPTED AND ATTENDED TO US AFTER BEING REJECTED REPEATEDLY BY OTHERS, MAY GOD HELP US NIGERIANS

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by naijainfogalery: 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
I wont blame them , lots of people are wasting in Nigerian prisons just because of this kind of acts of love, Nigerian system is crazy, no emergency center to call and if u try to help, even the person might just say you are the one that hit him because he doesnt want to pay bill or doesnt have money to pay the bill.
If you think the well, in your mind you will just support the victims with prayer because the story of the good samaritan could have landed him in jail right here in Nigeria, but that shouldnt give us an excuse not to save a life, One thing i have noticed is Nigerians are always looking for the first person to stop and help, once one person stops others will follow suit,

Check out this scenerio
u helped the guy, because the doctors in most hospitals are not qualified, they will reject the person telling you to take him to the general hospital and if satan catches u, he dies in your car , you now went to report yourself at the station , the first thing they do is lock you up calling you a murderer not even a suspect oo or give u a benefit of the doubt, then before u know wassup they either ask you for a 100k bribe and if Satan now catches you the more , you dont have it, then thats how they will frame you for someones else death, and if devil wants to finish your life, if there is one rich man whose sons commits a criminal offence they could collect bribe then make you the victim.
Any wise Nigerian would do anything in his power to stay away from the Nigerian police because ive heard cases where police will change your name on their register that you will never be found.

May God heal this country.

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 14, 2015
rather to help, folks would be snapping to upload to social media.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Dronedude(m): 11:16pm On May 14, 2015
There is the need for every adult to have little idea of first aid at least if not having the kit, one can easily improvise with what is around him/her. Secondly we all should have the emergency number for scenes like this. As you all see, the neglect of first aid has caused someone his life. May the dead rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Skynet247(m): 11:17pm On May 14, 2015
to bad
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by leofabulous(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2015
Bad samarithian
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Etizz: 11:19pm On May 14, 2015
Dats awful....
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 14, 2015
my brother nigeria hard ooo

everybody dey durge him head ooo

b4 u wan go rescue native doctor pickin him die for ur hand

him father won't consider it sexy ooo
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by dre11(m): 11:21pm On May 14, 2015
The men in black made it so difficult because if you should give any assistance and the other person was asked for police report if shot...... Then you will see police taking you as suspect number 1

And if the person should die....... You better be praying to your God that police will not accuse you of killing the person.

The men in black have wise-up people and the heart to help has being killed by them.

Just remembered one that happened....... He helped carried a accident victim to the hospital and was pronounced dead, so the police was called upon and they said he was the one that hit the victim and died..... Someone who was a good Samaritan to an accident victim, not until he had to take them to the spot and the people there could testify before he was left off the hook..... And before this was done, he had to drop something because their is no free things with the forcemen

6 Likes

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by airsaylongcon: 11:21pm On May 14, 2015
While I'm not justifying anything, I'm not sure this guy has had to deal with the Nigerian Police. I have first hand experience of what these guys can do given an accident scenario. Lost my mum last September in an accident and I went to he'll and back to retrieve her remains. Imagine what an innocent good samaritan would go through if the accident vic dies in transit or at the hospital. RIP to the dead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by Buchukwu: 11:22pm On May 14, 2015
It doesn't baffle me cos this country is a zoo. In other words i think these so called bloggers create random twitter/facebook accounts to writer rubbish any time news/stories are not forthcoming, i take this as a mere fallacy, the writer doesn't even specify the place the so called accident happened, lol. THIS STORY IS FABREGATED JUST TO FILL BLOG PAGES

3 Likes

Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by BUSHHUNTER: 11:24pm On May 14, 2015
they can snap but they can't help.

Shameless brainwashed idiotic uncivilized savage cursed children.
Re: Very Sad Story Of How Nigerians Left An Accident Victim To Bleed To Death by igbsam(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2015
And we preach the brother's keepers sermon.

Sadly, those people riding past are somehow active members in churches and mosques. You see them praying as if they naturally want to burst their lungs. We have a long way to go as humans in this country. Accident victims o! and not Robbery Victims that the police would want to rope u with the case as the animals they are.

So sad.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foods You Should Never Eat After A Workout / Please Help Me...i'm Always Hungry. / Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.