Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian (2176 Views)

"Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Ghosts, Devil, Demons Are Negative Energy: See How Your Are Affected. / EXPOSED! How Satan, Demons, Witches And Pastors Are Destroying Lives! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian by TRalph(m): 6:53am On May 14, 2015
5 Basic Reasons Why You Should Not Be Afraid Of The Devil, Demons, Witches, Wizards, Evil, Principalities, Etc. As A Christian

Col 2:15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

I cannot help but write on the fear on witchcraft and wizardry because of what I have noticed over the years among some Christians. I realized there is this general notion that Christians have to encounter a serious struggle before winning any battle over witches and wizards. As a result, some just run away whenever witches/wizards are mentioned while others tighten their belts in preparation for earthquake prayers.

Let me hit it straight – as a Christian, you have no reason whatsoever to be afraid of devils, witches, wizards, herbalists (called babalawo in Yoruba land), spiritual wickedness in high places, etc. I must confess that there was a time I was afraid of them too even as a Christian. I remember in prayer meetings, whenever they are mentioned, I try as much “not to offend them” through my prayers so they do not strike me. I was so gullible. Thank God for revelation of Christ that brings Wisdom through the Word.

I will be sharing a few things the Holy Spirit made me to realize –

1. You are risen with Christ and seated in Heavenly places (Eph 2:6)
At salvation, you died, you were buried and just as Christ rose up, you were also risen with Him (Col 2:12). Not that alone, as Christ ascended into Heaven, you also ascended with Him into heaven to be seated in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6). All these have already happened to you the moment you gave your life to Christ. Your life is hidden in Christ Jesus up in Heaven. Before anything can touch you, it has to go through God and Jesus Christ (Jn 14:20).

2. You are far above principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places (Eph 1:21)
A commonly quoted verse is [we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers…]. This verse, if not properly understood contextually, could end up building fear in the heart of Christians rather than faith. The Holy Spirit made me to realize that no matter how high the spiritual wickedness is, it is still far below heavenly places. That is why Scriptures says we are far above principalities and powers (Eph 1:21).
Also, I do not agree with the notion that “the closest place the devil can be is right under your feet.” This is because of the same verse that we are far above the devil and its agents (Eph 1:21). Hence, the closest place the devil can ever be to me is far below my feet.

3. Understanding and Faith
You need to understand these verses and grow in faith from them. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Rom 10:17). Do not expect your faith to grow when all you keep hearing are the stories of the witches and wizards wicked acts. Fill your heart, soul and mind with victory from the Word of God and experience faith and freedom from the shackles of fear of devils, demons, witches, wizards, etc.

4. Sin cannot hold you down or make you vulnerable to them (Rom 6:14)
As a Christian, the seed of God is inside of you and you cannot sin (1Jn 3:9). Sin has no dominion over you because you are not under the law but under grace (Rom 6:14). You are not qualified because of your own righteousness but on Christ’s righteousness. Because of Christ, you are now the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus (2Cor 5:21). Therefore, the devil and its agents cannot harm you because of sin. They can try to pull you down by the guilt of sin. The meaning of Satan in Hebrew is “the accuser” (G4567). Hence, whenever the devil accuses you, remember that even if you sin, Jesus Christ is your advocate with the Father (1Jn 2:1). So, refuse the devil’s accusations and guilt, and confess the righteousness you
have in Christ Jesus which is not based on your works (Rom 4:6).

5. Enjoy the victory in Christ Jesus
Col 2:15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
You may need to read Col 2:15 in several translations or versions over and over again so you get it well. Rest in the victory you have in Jesus Christ. Christ made an open show of them. He disgraced them in public. He also spoiled their powers. Therefore, they are powerless to a Christian. So, where do the serious struggles to win over battles come from? All powers in heaven and on earth are with Christ Jesus (Col 1:16, Phil 2:10). So, tell me which other power do they have again? They can only try to torment you with fear and guilt, but, you can overcome these tricks of the devil with the Word and understanding that Christ is your righteousness respectively, as earlier explained.

I hope faith is steamed up inside you as you have finished reading this write-up. You have no reason to be afraid of devils, demons, witches, wizards, etc.

Maybe someday, I'm gonna release a book on this.

God bless you.

T-Ralph

http://www.teachingoftheword.com/show_article.php?article_id=153
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian by hahn(m): 7:44am On May 14, 2015
They don't exist. They are only a common excuse for the failure of a christian
Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian by dawnomike(m): 7:48am On May 14, 2015
Great one T-Ralph.... Keep it up and God bless you!!!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian by Godfullsam(m): 8:40am On May 14, 2015
God bless this writer.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian by Longstride: 9:44am On May 14, 2015
there's only one reason I don't fear them .....

they're fiction.... just like Sci-Fi movie villains.... you don't see anyone being scared of Voldemort in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Shouldn't Fear The Devil, Demons, Witches, As A Christian by adexsimply(m): 3:58pm On May 14, 2015
The only reason why a sane adult shouldn't fear them is because "they don't exist"
It's high time we started separating myths form facts

(1) (Reply)

I Hate God, F..u..c..k Him - Nigerian Transgender, Stephanie Rose / CAC Pastor Caught Burying Charms Inside Church In Akure (graphic Photos) / Atheists, Is The Act Of Committing Murder Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.