Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc (17141 Views)

Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / Who Are The Ebiras? / Are The Idomas Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by tubabie(f): 8:10pm On May 12, 2009
DRANOEL:

the middle belt people found mostly in central nigeria,the majority people being the tiv who are found in benue,nassarawa,taraba,cross rivers,other big tribes in the region include the igala's and the nupe"s. most of the tribes in the middle belt can be classified as follows:

1.kwararafa = igalas,idomas,jukun,chamba,kuteb,bassa e.t.c
2.banza tribes = nupes,ilorin ,egbirra
3.tiv
4.yoruba = okun and co
5.nok = berom,angas,southern kaduna e.t.c

most of the middle belt people speak hausa except the tiv,idoma yoruba and theyare predominantly christian

Pls get your facts straight before posting on a public forum.
How can you call Ilorin banza or whatever you call it. even though the website u quoted to back this up doesn't look too reputable, i will nevertheless refer to it. http://www.teachyourselfhausa.com/ Here it is said hausa is a language spoken there but you can see them defined as Yoruba(its the fulani minority there that speak hausa).Now if you had said Kwara had banza people without specifying ilorin town , it would have been a credible post.

DRANOEL:

let me indulge your ignorance and educate some of you since you cant use google search for research

heres a qoute from c.i.a fact book

"Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, is composed of more than 250 ethnic groups; the following are the most populous and politically influential: Hausa and Fulani 29%, Yoruba 21%, Igbo (Ibo) 18%, Ijaw 10%, Kanuri 4%, Ibibio 3.5%, Tiv 2.5% "

you can get further info from here https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html

those of you having issues of idoma being a kwararafa tribe might want to read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idoma

as for those needing info on banza tribes read this http://www.teachyourselfhausa.com/

as for the igbiras i admit they are not part of the banza tribes

Since these links were put together to educate us, i would suggest that for your subsequent references , you only put forward those which fully support ur arguments and not ones which contradict one another.Take for instance your CIA link claiming the TIVs are the 7th largest and your Thisday Online link claiming they are the 4th.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by tubabie(f): 8:11pm On May 12, 2009
My peeps ! Its a nice evening and am hollering at y'all cheesy
What's good?
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 9:18am On May 13, 2009
hi every body

wishing you all a wonderful day ahead
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by DRANOEL(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2009
tubabie:

Pls get your facts straight before posting on a public forum.
How can you call Ilorin banza or whatever you call it. even though the website u quoted to back this up doesn't look too reputable, i will nevertheless refer to it. http://www.teachyourselfhausa.com/ Here it is said hausa is a language spoken there but you can see them defined as Yoruba(its the fulani minority there that speak hausa).Now if you had said Kwara had banza people without specifying ilorin town , it would have been a credible post.

Since these links were put together to educate us, i would suggest that for your subsequent references , you only put forward those which fully support ur arguments and not ones which contradict one another.Take for instance your CIA link claiming the TIVs are the 7th largest and your Thisday Online link claiming they are the 4th.

madam whether 7th or 4th(if i can recall it said arguably) one thing is clear,the tiv are the largest in the middle belt.

as for ilorin,history is not always fair to us when we realise that that which we loathe is actually part of us. here is a short reading for you,

"The Hausa Kingdoms were a collection of independent city-states situated between the Niger River and Lake Chad.

Contents [show]
1 Hausa Bakwai
2 Banza Bakwai
3 Zenith
4 Fall
5 Sources

[edit] Hausa Bakwai
The Hausa Kingdoms began as seven states with a shared mythology with its founders being the sons of a Queen. They are known as the Hausa Bakwai meaning Hausa Seven. The states included:

Daura ? - 1806
Kano 998 - 1807
Katsina c. 1400 - 1805
Zazzau (Zaria) c. 1200 - 1808
Gobir c. 1000 - 1808
Rano c. 1000 - 1800s?
Biram c. 1100 - 1805

[edit] Banza Bakwai
The growth and conquest of the Hausa Bakwai resulted in the founding of additional states with rulers tracing their lineage to a concubine of the Hausa founding father, Bayajidda. Thus they are called the Banza Bakwai meaning Bastard or Bogus Seven. The Banza Bakwai adopted many of the customs and institutions of the Hausa Bakwai but were considered unsanctioned or copy-cat kingdoms by non-Hausa people. These states include:

Zamfara
Kebbi
Yauri (also called Yawuri)
Gwari (also called Gwariland)
Kororafa (a Jukun state)
Nupe (of the Nupe people)
Ilorin (a Yoruba state)

you can get the full text here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_Kingdoms

you should take time and do further reading here http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/52280/Banza-Bakwai

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/1624_story_of_africa/page84.shtml

history is not always what we think
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by oyizami(f): 1:04pm On May 13, 2009
Whatever u call urself u must have a big problem i wonder wetin carry madman like live hospital and for that stipid history u are giving why not keep it to urself.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by temi4rea(f): 1:10pm On May 13, 2009
Mr Dranoel
Your little history is not helping in anyway so i guess u just let go tubabie has raised a good point which is which is the credibillity of ur source ok.

@Tubabie
ba wo ni eshe? Jarus kno.
@pinklady
Ete me ya?
@Geo
pls say smtin to this history prof.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 1:41pm On May 13, 2009
@ temi

i dey fine oh,
long time no post, hope no prob
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by DRANOEL(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2009
@oyiza_mi

dude you dont have to insult,the essence of such forums is for learning,now i raised a point you guys dismissed,i replied by posting sources from the net to buttress my point(cause i cant start uploading history books and documents for you) you resulted to insults! what i expected from a learned person like you(i assume you are) was simple,you could have easily replied "the tiv are not the largest ethnic group in the middle belt,so so and so ethnic group is - here are my facts! ilorin is not part of the banza states - here are my facts! as simple as that! insults dont make you right they only show your level of intellect,why not do yourself a favour by picking up history books/relevant documents relating to hausa kingdom and nigerian country facts cause believe from what i have read of you it will do you a whole lot of good!

@temi 4 real

credibility of my source? i posted links from thisday,bbc,britannica,c.i.a and you are still talking about credibility? why not help yourself and do a little research on the net while you are browsing,its quite easy go to any of the search engines and you are just a click away!

it's all about learning and i expect to learn from you instead of getting insults for saying something 13year olds of these days know
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by oyizami(f): 8:50am On May 18, 2009
@Dranoel
Well i might be older than 13 but i dont see you giving us details like someone up to 13.
Your stupid sources were something written by a fool like you too,
and what in Gods name are u doing on this here if u are really up to 13 you will know we are not here to talk all the larger or smaller part of the middle belt ok.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 9:03am On May 18, 2009
Hi Oyiza
Long time no chat. how was ur weekend and i hope u're kul. hope to hear from you.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by DRANOEL(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2009
@oyiza_mi

read all my responses to you and yours to me and then see who really is the fool. typical dullard waiting for me to provide sources before learning on your own! didnt you do history in school? or dont you read papers? intelligent illiterate!
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 9:30am On May 19, 2009
DRANOEL:

@oyiza_mi

read all my responses to you and yours to me and then see who really is the fool. typical dullard waiting for me to provide sources before learning on your own! didnt you do history in school? or dont you read papers? intelligent illiterate!

why the insult noa, it doesn't have to get to all this
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by Gadols(f): 12:22pm On May 19, 2009
I dey here o. I am a member. Kogi.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 12:27pm On May 19, 2009
Gadols:

I dey here o. I am a member. Kogi.

oya introduce yaself noa
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by georgecso(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2009
pinky lady:

oya introduce yaself noa

Tell him pls. pinkyLady how u dey?
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 9:14am On May 26, 2009
I dey fine, long time smiley
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by georgecso(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2009
Hey Pinky,
happy Nu month.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2009
@ goe
thanks and i wish you the same.

where is temi and the rest in the house
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by georgecso(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
May be Temi no get money browse again. Pls don't quote me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by temi4rea(f): 8:43am On Jun 08, 2009
Hello! i just dey too busy or better stl i no get money to come online again.

Pinklady where that u buzuru friend friend dey?

@geo
so u don flirt openly for internet na wa o. shocked

I miss u all!
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 9:48am On Jun 08, 2009
hi temi

abeg oh over work urself, hope ur weekend was cool

temi 4 rea:

Pinklady where that u buzuru friend friend dey?

i no know where she dey oh, tired sendin her mails but no response
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by oyizami(f): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
@Pinklany
omo iya ba wo ni? dat yab na for me not for temi seriously i no get pepper to go internet for browsing na my boyfriend system i dey use now.
u know how we go am i go cm ur office as in neqar daula hotel round abt cm see u.

@temi
sori o just take am easy wth wuk u hear how ur omos and oko.

@Geo
how far now, them don pay u salary i need cheez quick quick, give me binahmed num mk i call see if anything go drop.

@the house

where una run go,where tubabie and ify,macteejay and jarus.
abeg mk we go NTA b4 e go too late.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by tubabie(f): 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2009
oyiza_mi:

@Pinklany
omo iya ba wo ni? dat yab na for me not for temi seriously i no get pepper to go internet for browsing na my boyfriend system i dey use now.
u know how we go am i go cm ur office as in neqar daula hotel round abt cm see u.

@temi
sori o just take am easy wth wuk u hear how ur omos and oko.

@Geo
how far now, them don pay u salary i need cheez quick quick, give me binahmed num mk i call see if anything go drop.

@the house

where una run go,where[b] tubabie[/b] and ify,macteejay and jarus.
abeg mk we go NTA b4 e go too late.

*Raising her long arms . . . . . . . PRESENT*

Haba dont go to NTA yet o! We are not lost grin
Whats happening now?
The thread was dry so me, myself and I run comot too. wink
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 9:17am On Jun 10, 2009
oyiza_mi:

@Pinklany
u know how we go am i go cm ur office as in neqar daula hotel round abt come see you

ok now no probs i'll be waiting for you oh
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by oyizami(f): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2009
House how una dey? smiley
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by oyizami(f): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2009
Haba dont go to NTA yet o! We are not lost
Whats happening now?
The thread was dry so me, myself and I run comot too.

Thank God. I don google you many times. Where macteejay2 and Jarus and Binahmed run go?
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by Macteejay2(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2009
Na wa for all of una. Are u guys sleeping or what lipsrsealed
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by Jarus(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2009
Jarus dey like Dele o.

How is everybody? Our bankers, how una dey?
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by pinkylady1(f): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2009
nawah oh where is every body oh

i've missed u all for real.

abeg make una show b4 i go faint oh
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by tamme: 12:40am On Jul 15, 2009
my close friend is idoma cool
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by temi4rea(f): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2009
Na wa o na wetin this beautiful and fun filled thread turn to !

Na wa o so n action person to wake una up.

Anyway i dey posted to marketing so to browse now no easy at all

At every body mo miss eyei kon.
Re: Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc by temi4rea(f): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2009
@Jarus
How far now i hope say ur auditors no disturbe u toomuch, i miss u well well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nrurita Uka (debate In Igbo Language). / When The Bride Price Is Too High For Him To Pay / Some Interesting Facts The Itsekiri People of Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.