Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! (1264 Views)

How To Preserve Tons Of Beans Against Weevils Attack! / Pest & Diseases Attacking My Guava Fruit / Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 14, 2015
In december last year, I kept 1 bag of rice as part of end of the year things from my company.

I am yet to finish it; just about a quarter is gone. Now weevils have comesad. I have increased my consumption rate. I have to wash and wash and wash whenever i want to cook just to get the weevils out, sometimes i go vex wash the weevils enter pot cook everything joinsmiley, but please i need assistance to get rid of them.

Cc. Mod please push this to fp because there are a lot of people that will appreciate contributions to battle weevil. Again, I need my rice to stay longer cheesy Thanks.
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by akunjohn(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2015
Na so u dey stingy reach, U no fit give people out of it?.

Weevil neva start to dey chop am sef...
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 14, 2015
akunjohn:
Na so u dey stingy reach, U no fit give people out of it?.

Weevil neva start to dey chop am sef...
hahahahahahhaahhahahaha! It was up to 4 bags bro, but I gave out 3 and kept 1. But all the same i will think about it. Your comment is so funny

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by okongo(m): 12:29am On May 15, 2015
pour dry pepper into the rice.like dry sombo

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Nobody: 7:32am On May 15, 2015
okongo:
pour dry pepper into the rice.like dry sombo

Thanks but please which one is sombo
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by okongo(m): 8:23am On May 15, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

Thanks but please which one is sombo
sombo is the common small but long pepper the hausas bring dried from the north. I av used severally and it works
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Pavore9: 8:34am On May 15, 2015
Add dried pepper just as it is done for beans.
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Nobody: 9:42am On May 15, 2015
okongo:

sombo is the common small but long pepper the hausas bring dried from the north. I av used severally and it works

Thanks! I will try it.
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Ura: 6:33pm On May 15, 2015
Pour your rice into an air tight conntainer. You can still add the pepper to it.
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 15, 2015
Ura:
Pour your rice into an air tight conntainer. You can still add the pepper to it.

Thanks Ura, i really appreciate

btw, your (pseudo)name is unique
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by stagger: 6:47am On May 16, 2015
First, sift the rice and spread on a mat under very hot sunlight. This will cause the weevils to leave the rice to look for shade. Then sift again and put in an airtight container with the sombo pepper.
Re: Somebody Help! Weevils Are Attacking My Rice! by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 16, 2015
stagger:
First, sift the rice and spread on a mat under very hot sunlight. This will cause the weevils to leave the rice to look for shade. Then sift again and put in an airtight container with the sombo pepper.

That's more like it, thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Koloss F1(water Melon) Landed At Last!!! / Pigs For Sale (pure Line) / Hybrid Seedlings Of Cocoa, Oil Palm And Plantain For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.