Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! (46970 Views)

Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / Please I Need Help...my Birds Are Dying Right Now. / 15 Weeks Point Of Lay Birds Are For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2015
This is serious, really really serious...so far i've lost 35 layers in just 4 days to Newcastle (confirmed from post mortem)...I usually contained it before but this strain seems unstoppable with every drugs I've given them. It getting messy here abeg, even the experts seem to have resign to fate but I'm not giving up.

Pls anybody with solution. I can't vaccinate them cos most of them still look sick. It's been a hell of a few days, I know if I go back to the farm 3 woulda died again and that me being optimistic.
Pls help save a brother!
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
Today alone and still counting

2 Shares

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Empty cells courtesy of Newcastle

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
The other cage looks ok but again, you never know...those birds can deceive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by alexx187(m): 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
Crocz:
God...I can imagine what u are going thru right now,do u use lasota for dem monthly before the mortalities.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 1:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
I'm giving them LA this evening...I just hope it halt this insanity else I'll sell them off

E yaff do like that abeg
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
alexx187:
God...I can imagine what u are going thru right now,do u use lasota for dem monthly before the mortalities.
Yes o...I'm even suppose to give them today but I cannot cos many still looks sick. Before I'll see the sign of the disease in them but not this time. Infact they are laying normal and never lose weight.

It's a carnage here bro
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
Crocz:

Newcastle FC? lipsrsealed
Them signing your fowls?
Don't mind me.

I'm so sorry. Get an expert to come check them out. Isn't there someone that handles issues like this?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 1:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Them signing your fowls?
Don't mind me.

I'm so sorry. Get an expert to come check them out. Isn't there someone that handles issues like this?
Haha...lolz

I actually consult the doctors, they are out of OT at the moment...we've tried everything
I think the strain is just strong

I'm some sort of expert myself but I still consult others...it looks unstoppable at the moment

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by alexx187(m): 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
Crocz:

Yes o...I'm even suppose to give them today but I cannot cos many still looks sick. Before I'll see the sign of the disease in them but not this time. Infact they are laying normal and never lose weight.

It's a carnage here bro
ok,just give me like 20mins,I will get across to ma birds vet doctor n I will let u know the next step..meanwhile here is ma number...08024468953

19 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
alexx187:
ok,just give me like 20mins,I will get across to ma birds vet doctor n I will let u know the next step..meanwhile here is ma number...08024468953
Thanks bro...will call in next 30mins
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by UrennaNkoli(f): 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
Newcastle and coccidiosis are two of the most deadly bird disease. Only solution I can suggest is prompt vaccination of uninfected ones. Try call in a vet doc too.

5 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by illswift(m): 3:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Them signing your fowls?
Don't mind me.

Lol wicked. They starting a chicken league soon i guess

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by FarmTech(m): 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
Crocz:
I'm giving them LA this evening...I just hope it halt this insanity else I'll sell them off

E yaff do like that abeg
What do you mean by LA?
Is the pen well ventilated? What is the height of the side walls?
What floor spacing are you using?
Which antibiotic did the lab recommend? Did they do antibiotic sensitivity test?

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
FarmTech:

What do you mean by LA?
It's an injection...anti-biotics
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Newcastle and coccidiosis are two of the most deadly bird disease. Only solution I can suggest is prompt vaccination of uninfected ones. Try call in a vet doc too.
I've done all that sis, it's still same story...even the vet doctor dey scratch head grin

But I've got some new things to try out...courtesy of alex

4 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
FarmTech:

What do you mean by LA?
Is the pen well ventilated? What is the height of the side walls?
What floor spacing are you using?
Which antibiotic did the lab recommend? Did they do antibiotic sensitivity test?

The pen is well ventilated infact over ventilation dey worry am...the poultry houses is enclosed by walls with window and then the inner wall is just 2ft high covered with net...I'll get u a pic when I go back again this evening

And in response to antibiotics sensitivity test, I don't think they did. Once they confirmed it to be Newcastle, they recommend some drugs that I've already been administering self. Just you know, I did the test in 2 separate vet clinics

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Bilabong(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
sorry op... last week I lost 4 birds. I was even beginning to think that flu has found it way into my farm.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Crocz:

I've done all that sis, it's still same story...even the vet doctor dey scratch head grin

But I've got some new things to try out...courtesy of alex
Good.
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Bilabong:
sorry op... last week I lost 4 birds. I was even beginning to think that flu has found it way into my farm.
Eh ya...poultry is a high risk business
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by jamp: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
sorry bro. I had similar experience last year. doctors at vet world adviced me to sell all the birds. I kept the faith and d birds are ok now.

remove all the litter. wash the pen very well. isolate anyone that is weak. then give them a strong antibiotic( I ve fogotten d name. something Cifloxacin. I will get the correct by tomorrow). give them the antiobiotics for 5 days. I assure u they will be fine.dont inject them as most of them are down already

4 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by jamp: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
pls go round and isolate anyone that is sick or look weak. pls do that immediately else it will spread to the other cage

3 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
jamp:
sorry bro. I had similar experience last year. doctors at vet world adviced me to sell all the birds. I kept the faith and d birds are ok now.

remove all the litter. wash the pen very well. isolate anyone that is weak. then give them a strong antibiotic( I ve fogotten d name. something Cifloxacin. I will get the correct by tomorrow). give them the antiobiotics for 5 days. I assure u they will be fine.dont inject them as most of them are down already
Thanks but don't inject part is past cos have done that already..I thought I should go that way since oral isn't working

Pls do get me d name of dat antibiotic...will gr8ly appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by jamp: 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Crocz:

Thanks but don't inject part is past cos have done that already..I thought I should go that way since oral isn't working

Pls do get me d name of dat antibiotic...will gr8ly appreciate it

its ok. please place them on multivitamine and separate anyone that looks weak. take them away from the pen. lets see how they will be by tomorwow

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
jamp:

its ok. please place them on multivitamine and separate anyone that looks weak. take them away from the pen. lets see how they will be by tomorwow
Thanks bro...looks like we think same way cos I've done that already

Hope tomorrow will bring good news, God willing
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by jamp: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
Here is a picture of my birds when I had same issue last year.

God will see u tru

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by julibaba: 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
If your farm is close to Ibadan. Then there is a laboratory called zygosis wish will give you accurate diagnosis and drug prescription. Please it goes a long way

4 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thanks bro
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by elogic(m): 6:39am On Feb 16, 2015
Call this no 07034734854
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2015
3 died among the 4 isolated ones this morning...others look ok for now after yesterday injection. The signs are good at the moment.
Will get them the prescribed drug this morning and watch till tomorrow and see again

Thanks at elogic will do if their condition does not improve
Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by Crocz(m): 8:22am On Feb 16, 2015
The 2nd pic I shared, see that lone bird in 2nd tier?...it's the last bird standing there now

It never get sick nor stop laying...dare devil!

10 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! by jamp: 8:29am On Feb 16, 2015
Crocz:
3 died among the 4 isolated ones this morning...others look ok for now after yesterday injection. The signs are good at the moment.
Will get them the prescribed drug this morning and watch till tomorrow and see again

Thanks at elogic will do if their condition does not improve

good one dear. the ones that will die will definitely die. dont worry about them they will come out strong. keep doing the things we have adviced here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Agricultural Products BUYERS And SELLERS Contact DETAILS Nation-wide / Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.