Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Chelsea Sack Scolari! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Sack Scolari! (2047 Views)

Luiz Felipe Scolari Sacked As Brazil's Coach / Felipe Scolari Appointed As Brazil Coach / Luiz Felipe Scolari Set To Be Appointed New Brazil Coach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Cristalz(f): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
[center]Scolari sacked as Chelsea manager[/center]

Luis Felipe Scolari has been sensationally sacked by Chelsea.

Chelsea have dropped 16 points at home this season.
The Brazilian, who joined the Premier League club last summer, was expected to reinvigorate the club's fortunes and lead them to titles at home and in Europe, but after a poor run of form the axe has fallen.

Avram Grant, the man Scolari replaced, has emerged as one of the candidates on Chelsea's shortlist to replace the World Cup-winning manager. The other name thought to be on Chelsea's list is Russia's national team coach, Guus Hiddink.

Ray Wilkins replaces Scolari on a temporary basis until a full-time replace can be appointed.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=617598&sec=england&cc=3888
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by MrCrackles(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2009
Oh dear

Nandos has gone
! grin
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Cristalz(f): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2009
They want to bring Grant back?? Tell me it's a JOKE grin
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by mukina2: 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2009
In other news.Roman has seriously been checking NL recently and has decided to put the following up for consideration

Ibime
nateevs
FBS

grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Cristalz(f): 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nateevs is the strongest contender for the post.  .  .
His first agenda will be to immediately fire Didier Drogba. . .to be replaced by Brash MrCrackles for an undisclosed fee grin
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by MrCrackles(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2009
Cristalz:

Nateevs is the strongest contender for the post.  .  .
His first agenda will be to immediately fire Didier Drogba. . .to be replaced by Brash MrCrackles for an undisclosed fee grin

Good stuff!

Especially since i am hugging double figures in goals and assists tally this season

And it wont take a lot to snap me from Kidlington FC
! grin tongue
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by FBS: 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2009
mukina2:

In other news.Roman has seriously been checking NL recently and has decided to put the following up for consideration

Ibime
nateevs
FBS

grin grin grin grin
mukina2, I didnt see your name on the list?  grin
well, I think LFS was the wrong motivational factor Chelsea was looking for.
If you ask me, I will be happy if someone else buys chelsea. RA ain't it.
He must be regretting sacking JM. Style over substance doesn't always work.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by mukina2: 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2009
According my sources at Stamford bridge, drobga insisted on being  the manager, because he believes LFS is not good enough to buy them success. So its either him or  he walks out on the club.

since Roman is scared of losing Drugbar grin he now decided to sack LFS, who was actually waiting for the moment, because he had packed all his stuff grin

Some cheksli chics were spotted yelling yes Nateevs for manager grin. meanwhile Ibime and FBS are looking for support among the old cheksli folks grin

Avram Grant is scared of coming back, because he is the dude who got almost everything grin and he got sacked.

Stay tuned for automatic updates live from stamford bridge tower 12 grin

what did i do? grin
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by toba1909(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2009
Must they sack there coaches every season?
Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
When u don't do what u're being paid for, u're shown the gate. Period
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by nyabinghi(m): 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
@soccer fans

It is a sad tale for football with the sacking of LFS. Chelsea have shown for once that they are a club that lack class and would never be a great footie club. How many managers have passed through OT and Emirates in the last 10 years? Stamford bridge has fallen and it won't rise again(I.M.O)
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by allboyz(m): 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2009
Just in charge for seven months . . .2nd coach to be sacked within 1 year by Cheslea FC.

Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by dean2725: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
BlueDiva:

When u don't do what u're being paid for, u're shown the gate. Period

Fergie at some point in his life at OT underperformed, now OT is the Theater of trophies. Arsenal has won nothing some years back now and they are fitth on the table, Arsene is the head coach. Chelsea sucks period!

THE RED DEVILS >>>>> THE BELIEF
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Grizzly(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2009
Its not scolari's fault stupid!!
Why dont we ever learn?
As for Avram. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by unix4real1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2009
I think mr Kenyon or Abramovich or whoever is in charge­ of hiring and firing at the so called C F C will soon­ be managing the club themselve. Impatience is the main­ factor affecting the club.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
The owner is entitled to fire if he's objective isn't met.

Scolari had the worst performance in 5years.

I may criticize sacking the others, certainly not this.

The man had lost the confidence of players and fans alike. That can only spell disaster.

CFC don't have the time and patience for mediocres.
Fini.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Fimmy(m): 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
Too bad for Scolari.Chelsea board really sucks,i wonder why he cant be given more time.after all Rome wasnt built in a day
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by mustafar1: 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2009
all thats left is for them to meet inter milan in the champions league, and Jose would get the chance to coach his boys to school them. then the CURSE OF THE SPECIAL ONE would be lifted.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by DaJunta(m): 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2009
The sack was overdue, cheesy
Abramovich was really patient with Scolari shocked
never knew he would last this long.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by donaremu(m): 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2009
Possible replacement for Scolari are:
Guus Hiddink &
Gianfranco Zola
cool
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by DisGuy: 12:23am On Feb 10, 2009
hmm Rjiikyard or whas he called
and the coach of Russia maybe
definitely not Zola
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by sniperwolf(m): 3:21am On Feb 10, 2009
After a series of underwhelmingly unsatisfactory performances and results, Chelsea have been quick to ensure the rut does not continue by relieving Brazilian boss Luiz Felipe Scolari of his managerial responsibilities.
Chelsea's numerous weaknesses all over the park: from their static movement from defending set-pieces, to their midfield's inability to accelerate with the ball, to the forward line spurning the chances in front of goal, have been exposed and the club have won just seven points from a possible 15 in 2009.
Assistant manager Ray Wilkins - who was appointed to the role in September - will temporarily take control of first team affairs while the club search for a more permanent recruit.
A statement on the club's official website read: "Luiz Felipe Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea Football Club today (Monday) with immediate effect.
"The board would like to record our gratitude for his time as manager. Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.
It continued: "In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.
"The search for a new manager has already started and we hope to have someone in place as soon as possible.
"While that continues Assistant Coach Ray Wilkins will take charge of the team on a temporary basis," the statement concluded.
Sky Sports are speculating that Guus Hiddink - of the Russian national team - and Avram Grant, who guided the club to the League Cup final, the Champions League final, and second place in the Premier League, are the forerunning candidates, possibly together, with the former as Director of Football and the latter as head coach.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by sniperwolf(m): 3:25am On Feb 10, 2009
After a series of underwhelmingly unsatisfactory performances and results, Chelsea have been quick to ensure the rut does not continue by relieving Brazilian boss Luiz Felipe Scolari of his managerial responsibilities.
Chelsea's numerous weaknesses all over the park: from their static movement from defending set-pieces, to their midfield's inability to accelerate with the ball, to the forward line spurning the chances in front of goal, have been exposed and the club have won just seven points from a possible 15 in 2009.
Assistant manager Ray Wilkins - who was appointed to the role in September - will temporarily take control of first team affairs while the club search for a more permanent recruit.
A statement on the club's official website read: "Luiz Felipe Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea Football Club today (Monday) with immediate effect.
"The board would like to record our gratitude for his time as manager. Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.
It continued: "In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.
"The search for a new manager has already started and we hope to have someone in place as soon as possible.
"While that continues Assistant Coach Ray Wilkins will take charge of the team on a temporary basis," the statement concluded.
Sky Sports are speculating that Guus Hiddink - of the Russian national team - and Avram Grant, who guided the club to the League Cup final, the Champions League final, and second place in the Premier League, are the forerunning candidates, possibly together, with the former as Director of Football and the latter as head coach.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by gozi: 3:55am On Feb 10, 2009
fellow members, i am here to announce to you my latest moneyspinner secrets i use to make money for myself without steping out of my house that i think can benefit you . so i think no need to continue keeping it to myself alone. Just visit my site at www.wealthderivatives..com, www.wealthyland. .com and see what i have in stalk for you . Make a rush to my sites now i have your own bite of the internet cake i'm releasing.
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by mykali(m): 7:14am On Feb 10, 2009
hmmm. So grant is chelsea's version of jesus?
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by toosoon(m): 9:03am On Feb 10, 2009
Abramovich next target is to sell chelsea wink undecided
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by toosoon(m): 9:35am On Feb 10, 2009
Who is next for Blues?

GUUS HIDDINK - Russia Coach
GIANFRANCO ZOLA - West Ham Manager
JOSE MOURINHO - Inter Milan Manager
ROBERTO MANCINI - former Inter Milan Manager currently out of Job
FRANK RIJKAARD - former Barcelona manager currently out of Job
ROBERTO DI MATTEO - former chelsea player currently MK Dons (League one) Manager
AVRAM GRANT - former chelsea manager currently out of Job
CARLO ANCELLOTI - AC Milan Manager
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Tgirl4real(f): 9:47am On Feb 10, 2009
I'm soooooooooooooo happy tongue

What took them so long

My vote goes to Brash cheesy
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by bagoma(f): 9:57am On Feb 10, 2009
pathetic club! grin grin
Lets see how many fans are left by the end of the season.
bloody upstart!
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by Kx: 9:57am On Feb 10, 2009
He "blasted"the penalty that could have won them the UEFA Champions league.
He missed a goal mouth opportunity that even a 9months pregnant woman could  score.
These 2 ridiculous missed opportunities has smeared the careers of 2 different world class coaches.
Grant has gone.Scolari has gone,is [b]Terry'[/b]s captaincy of the bridge untouchable?

Chelsea can well do with a wind of change.
I vote to Peter Cech Captaincy.Offload Peter Keyon,the Chairman for wrong coach selection.
At the end of the season,offload the over bloated ego centric figures:Ballack,Drogba,Anelka etc.

Thank God Phil Scolari is gone,but Chelsea need much more than sacking Phil.
Abi na him dey play the ball sef?
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by koolpal(m): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2009
who has Ladan Busso's number, please help text to Abramovic, He is in dire need, please help him as his hard earned bunky pounds are wasting at Stamford Bridge, When Stamford Bridge was falling all Chelsea fans refused to see now they are coachlessssssss, na wa for this life oooooooo, Avram Grant go day dance disco 4 now, always a gunner
Re: Chelsea Sack Scolari! by JUNIT1(m): 10:06am On Feb 10, 2009
cristalz wu sent you to post this, we already know da story dammit shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanu's Accent / Group C: Algeria Vs Slovenia: [0 - 0] On Sunday June 13, 2010 @ World Cup / Football Analyst Oma Akatugba Welcomes First Child With German Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.