Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria (23410 Views)

'we'll Fix Power Supply Problems In 3 Years,' - Buhari / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators / See What General Muhammadu Buhari Once Told FG About Boko Haram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Walspring: 8:57am On May 15, 2015
Its only in my country that you wont have light but the next town/city before or after your town will have light...

Its not because you dont have transformer but because those distributing the power are thieves...

1 Like

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by james809: 8:59am On May 15, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by bogolobango(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2015
Obj own don tail make ur fada jona give us our $20 billion first
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Bants(m): 9:05am On May 15, 2015
Buhari will use first 1 year to fight corruption 2nd year appoint all contract to tinubu 3rd year make promises 4th year try to be re elected for another term
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2015
Insightful article.... Though the aspect of renewable energy will be more feasible if we were serious in research and development. At the moment, the per unit cost of power generation from renewable sources are like the highest across board.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 9:20am On May 15, 2015
ceejayluv:
Insightful article.... Though the aspect of renewable energy will be more feasible if we were serious in research and development. At the moment, the per unit cost of power generation from renewable sources are like the highest across board.

Nigeria has special feed in tarifffs for renewable energy, what is missing is legal and regulatory framework to promote. I wrote about renewable energy in Nigeria on my blog.

2 Likes

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by goshen26: 9:20am On May 15, 2015
Nice one..... But the implementation is difficult to attain in 4years
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by GogetterMD(m): 9:22am On May 15, 2015
Firefire:
God please help Buhari.
My favourite most reasonable TANoid
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Firefire(m): 9:23am On May 15, 2015
GogetterMD:

My favourite most reasonable TANoid

Not always.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by GogetterMD(m): 9:24am On May 15, 2015
Firefire:

Not always.
Sorry you are not always reasonable?
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 9:24am On May 15, 2015
EnergyWA:

Nigeria has special feed in tarifffs for renewable energy, what is missing is legal and regulatory framework to promote. I wrote about renewable energy in Nigeria on my blog.
by "special"feed in tariff, do they tangentially imply subsidy?... I'll visit your blog soon.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by onoerime: 9:25am On May 15, 2015
literarymathy:
It's easy to fix power! Just ban generator imports and everything will fall into place!
i disagree with you. Provide enough energy and generator importers will quit
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Autolord: 9:25am On May 15, 2015
Award russia contract to build nuclear reactors
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Firefire(m): 9:26am On May 15, 2015
GogetterMD:

Sorry you are not always reasonable?

It is not like Bible or Quran, It can CHANGE grin
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 9:27am On May 15, 2015
ceejayluv:

by "special"feed in tariff, do they tangentially imply subsidy?... I'll visit your blog soon.

Generators of renewable energy are paid a higher rate for power. What we need is the proper environment to lure investors?

2 Likes

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by veuttoutlemonde: 9:29am On May 15, 2015
@OP, Is there no way for generating companies to have a gas reserve facility? I think it will help in overcoming logistics challenges.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 9:30am On May 15, 2015
goshen26:
Nice one..... But the implementation is difficult to attain in 4years

If nigeria addresses the gas problem today, we can raise generation to about 6,000MW. I think a lot can be done in 4 years.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by mitnick(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2015
My own opinion on generating more electricity to the National Grid is for the federal government to allow each state to get license to generate electricity using whatever means they can use to support the National Grid. The person who initially advised on the usage of Gas didnt forsee that someday gas will finish, there will be damaging of pipelines etc.
We can use coal, wind mill etc to generate.
The Big question is Why depend on Gas??

2 Likes

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by GogetterMD(m): 9:31am On May 15, 2015
Firefire:

It is not like Bible or Quran, It can CHANGE grin
Ha ha ha! Very funny! Stop quoting my President.
But you still put up logical reasoning abilities on this forum sha
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:35am On May 15, 2015
Privatizing PHCN is one of the greatest undoing of this government. Power is essential in the economy of a country like Nigeria, as the country is full of artisans like barbers, welders, carpenters, tailors, electricians, hair stylists, etc who are entrepreneurs, who contribute to the GDP of the country.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by veuttoutlemonde: 9:36am On May 15, 2015
mitnick:
My own opinion on generating more electricity to the National Grid is for the federal government to allow each state to get license to generate electricity using whatever means they can use to support the National Grid. The person who initially advised on the usage of Gas didnt forsee that someday gas will finish, there will be damaging of pipelines etc.

Gas is cheap.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 9:37am On May 15, 2015
You know it's surprising to know that we give Ghana electricity and that company doing the supply to Ghana is in sapele delta state where I live. Do you know that sapele light is being rationed and the situation is so bad? This company is in the town, they give other countries steady light and the community where they operate is suffering. I think something must be checked. It is either the community collected collateral in cash, or the company signed an undertaking. The Nigerian electricity has been a subject of debate for like ever. I won't be surprised if it doesn't change but I will be disappointed if it doesn't improve. Nigerian government must wake up because we can't depend on just oil. We must diversify our economy and the major force to do that us stability of electricity. Thank you
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On May 15, 2015
Generator importers shall kick against this wonderful contribution.......

Oil Marketers will say No to this precious talk......

Nigeria my country***
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by emamos: 9:40am On May 15, 2015
eazisky:

only God can help this country
did u mean by coming down from heaven?
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by lorddubic: 9:42am On May 15, 2015
This is real not fake please.

Vacancy:

Data entry officer needed at AVG.
Requirements:

* OND (in relevant field)
* 2years work experience
*Must live within Iyana Ipaja to Meiran.

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by eazisky(m): 9:43am On May 15, 2015
emamos:
did u mean by coming down from heaven?

Not really, he'll always send someone
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On May 15, 2015
The highest oil marketer in Nigeria ( Tinubu) will never welcome this Idea,

Nigerian is good in dreaming but very poor in positive action***
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by onoerime: 9:44am On May 15, 2015
No president can fix light issues. Those feeding from this predicament are so much. So much top officials of this country are into importations of generating sets, stoves, production of candles, oil bunkering, supplies of diesel to major companies. I can continue to name them on and on. Availability of light will crush all these businesses. For any president to escape the wrath of all these kabbals, he has to allow states to source for their own source of power.

1 Like

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 9:45am On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Privatizing PHCN is one of the greatest undoing of this government. Power is essential in the economy of a country like Nigeria, as the country is full of artisans like barbers, welders, carpenters, tailors, electricians, hair stylists, etc who are entrepreneurs, who contribute to the GDP of the country.

I disagree.. privatization is not bad. It is a good thing. Perhaps, you can argue about the process.

2 Likes

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:45am On May 15, 2015
mitnick:
Considering the amount of gas being flared, I believe it will do us enough good if the gas is utilized.
On states getting involved in power, the FG can only be sincere if it gives states the permission to distribute power, as they (the states) have the right to generate power. Some states have built power plants that can serve them, but can't distribute it because it is in the exclusive list.

1 Like

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:52am On May 15, 2015
EnergyWA:

I disagree.. privatization is not bad. It is a good thing. Perhaps, you can argue about the process.
If the process is not good then privatization in Nigeria is a charade and should be done away with. Who are the people that bided and got the DISCOs? Does the release of billions by the FG to DISCOs it claimed it privatized the power sector not defeat the aim of privatization.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 9:55am On May 15, 2015
veuttoutlemonde:
@OP, Is there no way for generating companies to have a gas reserve facility? I think it will help in overcoming logistics challenges.

How will this work? Many barely get enough to run their generators.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Release Ubah Or Face Our Wrath, IPOB Warns FG, DSS / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde & Governor Aregbesola At The Future Awards 2017 (Photos) / CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.