Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria (23414 Views)

'we'll Fix Power Supply Problems In 3 Years,' - Buhari / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators / See What General Muhammadu Buhari Once Told FG About Boko Haram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Curvinus(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2015
I have read similar articles and in the end, all it does is incense me the more and make me want to burst a gut.

How all of the things we need to do to fix power in this country is there for all to see, yet nothing gets done in the end is enough to make one want to give up the will to live.

I blame it all on disingenousness. All our leaders seem to want to do is steal our commonwealth and leave us impoverished without even the basic social amenities.

Even Buhari, the supposed saviour of the country rather than strategize on how to hit the ground running is already displaying the defeatist mentality as if he didnt know about Nigeria's problems.

I'm really worried that the plight of the common man has no end in sight. Today at the Cafe, I saw lots of men and women that should have been long settled in a career still reconstructing CVs with that look of despondency on their faces.

Yet our leaders continue to rape us non-stop, leaving us in one huge mess or the other.

Quo vadis Nigeria? Na where we dey go?

1 Like

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 12:37pm On May 15, 2015
chemali:

Exactly... There would be ripple effect which means guaranteed profits as demand will rise both by individuals and by industries. The profit is certain. It's just the timing. Nigerians want their profits by the next financial year after making the investment. Electricity is not that kind of investment. You may not turn a profit until 3 years.
However, if that's what's needed to get me 24hrs of electricity, then raise the prices. I've not seen an electricity price increase strike before.

The problem is actually multifaceted. Price increases is just one of it.

I agree..

1 Like

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by sikaxchange: 1:07pm On May 15, 2015
please he needs to we urgently need power to be restored back to Nigeria
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by tit(f): 1:25pm On May 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Privatizing PHCN is one of the greatest undoing of this government. Power is essential in the economy of a country like Nigeria, as the country is full of artisans like barbers, welders, carpenters, tailors, electricians, hair stylists, etc who are entrepreneurs, who contribute to the GDP of the country.

so the artisans should not pay for electricty?
can we afford to keep subsidizing the corrupt fat nepa cats
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 1:34pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
go get your facts right. The only thing Nigeria in terms of power generation is gas. Of which the Nigerian gov has not met supply demand over the years
What facts. Ain't we the one's supplying Ghana steady electricity? Maybe you need to get your facts right
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Gudnicedeals: 1:44pm On May 15, 2015
grayht:
K
Some comments like this need to be deleted so that more sensible comments could be seen on first page. This is what they call spamming
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by iamord(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
What facts. Ain't we the one's supplying Ghana steady electricity? Maybe you need to get your facts right
Mr man I repeat get you facts right. Where do u get all these jargon news from . Can u give what you don't have? Do you know the amount of mw Nigeria generates and consumer? Before u speak of such. I got my facts but I want you to go find out your self to avoid u embarrassing yourself one day when in the midst of people that know.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
Mr man I repeat get you facts right. Where do u get all these jargon news from . Can u give what you don't have? Do you know the amount of mw Nigeria generates and consumer? Before u speak of such. I got my facts but I want you to go find out your self to avoid u embarrassing yourself one day when in the midst of people that know.
What does the ogorode power plant in sapele generate? Guy stop fooling yourself. Am in sapele and the thing is around me here. Don't tell me nonsense please!!!!!
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 15, 2015
Gudnicedeals:

Some comments like this need to be deleted so that more sensible comments could be seen on first page. This is what they call spamming
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by iamord(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
What does the ogorode power plant in sapele generate? Guy stop fooling yourself. Am in sapele and the thing is around me here. Don't tell me nonsense please!!!!!
guy u have not said anything u know... How many mw does 'ogorode power plant generate' if you are well knowledgeable about such. I expect you to talk like one
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
guy u have not said anything u know... How many mw does 'ogorode power plant generate' if you are well knowledgeable about such. I expect you to talk like one
mumu. Am telling you it's not giving us electricity and you are here asking for mw. I don't care about the mw. It's not serving us that's what am after
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by iamord(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
mumu. Am telling you it's not giving us electricity and you are here asking for mw. I don't care about the mw. It's not serving us that's what am after
you are standard olodo angry undecided
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
you are standard olodo angry undecided
I think it's evident from your sense of reasoning. Your olodo is glaringly clear
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by iamord(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
I think it's evident from your sense of reasoning. Your olodo is glaringly clear
We all know what comes into mind when we see an akpos. His intellectual capability is a joke and nothing to write home about
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 2:59pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
We all know what comes into mind when we see an akpos. His intellectual capability is a joke and nothing to write home about
lol. At least I have a name please what's yours?
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by iamord(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
lol. At least I have a name please what's yours?
not your business boy grin
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
not your business boy grin
you see why I said you are slow in reasoning?
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Demrich(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2015
Renewable technologies can be very important for remote areas with no connection to the grid as they can easily be deployed there with the right policies in place. For instance, Solar Photovotaics (PV) can be promoted in rural areas by giving subsidies or making credit facilities available to residents. The government must look into this as it could quickly boost electricity accessibility in the country.this is the immediate solution
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 15, 2015
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by fOFT: 3:52pm On May 15, 2015
Bro, let me be frank with you. He can't fix power in four years. If I open a thread and explain to a reasonable level, then your eyes will open. Please, don't be deceived. He can't fix it in 4 years not even in 8years.
naijainfogalery:
Well we are waiting, After 4 years if Buhari doesnt fix the Nigerian electricity problem then i would agree that Nigeria isnt governable
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by fOFT: 3:55pm On May 15, 2015
OP, I am going to send you a mail.
EnergyWA:

I agree..
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by naijainfogalery: 4:03pm On May 15, 2015
Well like i said, i wont believe that until after 4 years, telling that its not possible is something i cant believe, kenya is currently building a new plant that will double their supply and this will be built in 2 years, so there is nothing impossible
fOFT:
Bro, let me be frank with you. He can't fix power in four years. If I open a thread and explain to a reasonable level, then your eyes will open. Please, don't be deceived. He can't fix it in 4 years not even in 8years.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by tit(f): 4:16pm On May 15, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Well like i said, i wont believe that until after 4 years, telling that its not possible is something i cant believe, kenya is currently building a new plant that will double their supply and this will be built in 2 years, so there is nothing impossible

you have to learn to "listen".
it is not just "building power plant"
it is also
1) getting fuel to the power plant
2) distributing the power from the power plant
3) getting paid by electricity consumers
4) maintaining all of the above!

1 Like

Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 15, 2015
PIB implementation is one positive step towards addressing the gap between the energy and gas infrastructure.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by toseen29: 8:14pm On May 15, 2015
This is a brilliant write up. Resolving the power issues in Nigeria requires an holistic approach, you have addressed the technical aspect in your write up. i will also suggest the new Government conduct meetings with key stakeholders (diesel sellers) and technocrat (electricity/power) and let everyone put up their suggestions on the way to move forward in this sector. For the diesel merchants their financial revenue from diesel sales is enuf to frustrate government efforts in the sector.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by mitnick(m): 1:20am On May 16, 2015
veuttoutlemonde:

Gas is cheap.
Good. What about countries that use other means to generate electricity isnt it not expensive?? I think Nigerians dont mid the cost as long as the service is available.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by mitnick(m): 1:25am On May 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Considering the amount of gas being flared, I believe it will do us enough good if the gas is utilized.
On states getting involved in power, the FG can only be sincere if it gives states the permission to distribute power, as they (the states) have the right to generate power. Some states have built power plants that can serve them, but can't distribute it because it is in the exclusive list.
@ the bolded, this is the major problem we have in this country, some states do not want to tap into the natural resources they have, they expect everything from fed govt and tax.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by ASHLAND(m): 5:29am On May 16, 2015
@energyWA: This your article is very nice, and it shows we can still fix Nigeria's number one major set back. Please try your best in all avenue that is available to let this article get to the presidency -- GMB, VP, Facebook page of GMB and VP, open letter.
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 8:09am On May 16, 2015
vimi:
smiley
Map n graphs everywhere! angry my hate for geography wont allow mee decipher angry

Loved geography. Got an A1 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On May 16, 2015
grandstar:

Loved geography. Got an A1 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
gewd for yee... study the course @uni, heard its one of the best now! wink i just hate too much grammer, sooo in love wid formulas n calculation grin
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by fOFT: 11:09am On May 16, 2015
I never said impossible. He just can't fix the problem of power in 4years because he is very likely to follow the noraml trend of our past leaders. If you have any1 that works in the GENCos, DISCos or TCN. Ask them and tell them to tell you the bitter truth. It can only get better if GMB/PYO decide to do otherwise.
naijainfogalery:
Re: What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria by EnergyWA: 5:50pm On May 16, 2015
Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno / Ruth Ogunleye: COAS Lagbaja Warns Personnel To Desist Making Comments / Dele Momodu Wants Apc To Change It's Manifesto Because Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.