Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp (30830 Views)

Married Female Corper Caught Having Sex By Soldiers In Plateau State NYSC Camp / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) / NYSC Member Got People Talking As She Bares Cleavage In Her Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Dahveydson(m): 7:52pm On May 15, 2015
MrScript:

Dah hasn't justified y a CM dat s serving d nation voluntarily shud b beaten 2 coma by a soldier bosting around with just a sec. Sch certificate. Na dia type d run from maiduguri
Does it make it right for a CM to disrespect a soldier? Also Are you in the camp? If no, then you should know the "coma" story is an exaggeration.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by bezimo(m): 7:54pm On May 15, 2015
As a former youth corper, I know that those youth corpers that were beaten by the soldiers must have behaved in an indisciplined manner or reacted against instructions from authority, thinking everybody is the same having forgotten that they are dealing with soldiers. I am not surprised because we belong to a country that hates discipline and order. When you come around soldiers, you behave yourself and coorperate with whatever instructions they give if not you are left at their mercy. There is a phrase I used to know back then when I went through military training in my high school it is "If you do anyhow you would see anyhow" People must learn to avoid trouble by being orderly and disciplined.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Dahveydson(m): 7:54pm On May 15, 2015
hajruna:
though they might have deserved it, but there are subtle and more mean ways to deal with whatever altercation they might've had.
I agree. But we don't know what really happened.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Dahveydson(m): 7:56pm On May 15, 2015
emekachimek:

That soldier must be a coward. I did NYSC. No amount of rudeness would warrant beating up someone, even to loss of consciousness. If na my relation, we don hammer be that cos I'll make big fortune out of his life by the time we r done in d court
Yes the soldier is coward, he's the coward that signed up to defend undisciplined lots like you.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by lorRhyMeZ: 7:57pm On May 15, 2015
Evathyst:
I wonder when jungle justice became a norm in this country? Today it's soldiers beating up corp members, tomorrow it's Naval officers asking a grown up man to swim in a gutter. undecided

Funny enough, when these miscreants parading themselves as soldiers see boko boys, dem go run pass Hussein Bolt.

If really dis "miscreants" run away from boko boys,don't u think naija wud have been overidden by them now Accord soldiers a lil respect pls...some of us got family amongst them.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Dahveydson(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2015
prophetfire:
if u re justifying the soldiers action,ur head needs to be examined.
If you cannot discern what I actually mean, your head needs to be examined.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by steams: 7:58pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:

assemble 20 soldiers today and i tell you ll find out 10 are graduates.
If I hear! Big fat lie. May be OND graduates sha, because you were not specific.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by steams: 7:58pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
If I hear! Big fat lie. May b OND graduates sha, because you were not specific.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 15, 2015
odave:
I'm not surprised sha, that's naija for u. Why beat someone to coman why? I think FG should stop this time wasting programme, the money to be spent on each corper is well over 600k. Why can't government use 500k to establish each graduate. This would encourage youth to be educated, provide jobs creation, promote sme and development. Let them write good business proposal while in school, train them and Give every graduate 500k as a start up. Imagine having like 100k entrepreneurs and SMEs in nigeria every year!
Easier said than done. Pretty sure many 'graduates' won't have nothing to show after 6months of them receiving d 500k. NYSC is a good scheme and i would suggest they take a look into what matters instead of cancelling it as whole. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by lorRhyMeZ: 8:06pm On May 15, 2015
emekachimek:

That soldier must be a coward. I did NYSC. No amount of rudeness would warrant beating up someone, even to loss of consciousness. If na my relation, we don hammer be that cos I'll make big fortune out of his life by the time we r done in d court

U just heard on side of the story n u already yapping...
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 15, 2015
steams:

If I hear! Big fat lie. May b OND graduates sha, because you were not specific.
Ignorance, they say, is blissful BUT definitely not in your own case. You are just talking cos you feel you need to. Soldiers are learned fellows albeit not all. Most of them are. Make your findings before you spit something out. Cheers!
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 15, 2015
lorRhyMeZ:

If really dis "miscreants" run away from boko boys,don't u think naija wud have been overidden by them now Accord soldiers a lil respect pls...some of us got family amongst them.
Tell 'em!
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 15, 2015
bezimo:
As a former youth corper, I know that those youth corpers that were beaten by the soldiers must have behaved in an indisciplined manner or reacted against instructions from authority, thinking everybody is the same having forgotten that they are dealing with soldiers. I am not surprised because we belong to a country that hates discipline and order. When you come around soldiers, you behave yourself and coorperate with whatever instructions they give if not you are left at their mercy. There is a phrase I used to know back then when I went through military training in my high school it is "If you do anyhow you would see anyhow" People must learn to avoid trouble by being orderly and disciplined.
Soldiers are friendly only to those that wanna make friends with them. They don't just beat people up. God bless you brother!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 15, 2015
clemmonce:
Mr man you have to know something there are soldiers and there are soldiers..... soldiers in nysc camps are called recruit... they don't have a bsc all they have is ssce and they did not attend NDA. they have special programme for recruits.....An NDA graduate cannot go nysc camp...
I laugh at you! Wake up from your slumber sir/ma. Soldiers aint nonentity. When i camped in Abia, my platoon commandant was a BSc holder. Don't just come here to talk trash! Be sure of what you are saying. Cheers!
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by steams: 8:24pm On May 15, 2015
sodiqyinka:
Ignorance, they say, is blissful BUT definitely not in your own case. You are just talking cos you feel you need to. Soldiers are learned fellows albeit not all. Most of them are. Make your findings before you spit something out. Cheers!
I only disagree with you saying " 10 of 20 soldiers are graduates" assuming a case of those ranked among the ones we see at NYSC camps. And still you were not specific on the kind of graduates.
If you have a first degree here in Nigeria my question for you is
Was it easy?
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by spenca: 8:47pm On May 15, 2015
MrScript:

Dah hasn't justified y a CM dat s serving d nation voluntarily shud b beaten 2 coma by a soldier bosting around with just a sec. Sch certificate. Na dia type d run from maiduguri

NYSC is not a voluntary service for Nigerian Youths
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by hugafella(m): 9:01pm On May 15, 2015
Dahveydson:
Soldiers don't go about beating CMs, what did the CMs do?
Some proud CMs disobey soldiers so rudely and expect preferential treatment because they "know" someone.
You must be illiterate. I'm sure you're a product of domestic violence. Or maybe you're fond of making excuses for beating up people around you. Which zoo did you come out of?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by joeshed(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:

if the soldiers are so much educated,then why beating up CMs.. Hun!! Why nt treat the matter in a civilized way ....
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by BushidoBlue(m): 9:22pm On May 15, 2015
emekachimek:

So true Nigerians aren't aware of their rights.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by majalisa(m): 9:49pm On May 15, 2015
[quote author=adetsim post=33775623][/quote]no,far from it..but if u conscent to damage do not complain of injury...if u get the legal maxim

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Dahveydson(m): 10:09pm On May 15, 2015
hugafella:

You must be illiterate. I'm sure you're a product of domestic violence. Or maybe you're fond of making excuses for beating up people around you. Which zoo did you come out of?
You talk like an idiot, think like an idiot, you're probably an idiot.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 15, 2015
GodMode:

No one deserves to be beatenangry
hence the 'might'. But there'll often always be a 'but'
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:

yes, but they are usually not the ones deployed to camp, mayb as an overall superior but nothing less. Mind u, soldier pass soldier oo
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Perceptor(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2015
Dahveydson:
Soldiers don't go about beating CMs, what did the CMs do?
Some proud CMs disobey soldiers so rudely and expect preferential treatment because they "know" someone.
Leave dem weaklings jare, na so dem girls they do for Jos here, dem dey follow soldiers talk anyhow, u think they shld pamper u because u ar serving ur father's land? If u misbehave to dem, dey go kill all of una and nothing go happen...If u think being a soldier is easy, put on ur jungle boot and head to sambisa forest to confront dem boko boys. U had better double up and stop complaining, if u want to knw wat serving d nation under soldiers is, go to Israel!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by eagle13(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2015
maggilove:
The best thing is to just obey them and get out of camp. I was always doing the right thing so I never had any trouble with them.
Chikena,God bless u madam!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Perceptor(m): 11:25pm On May 15, 2015
hugafella:

You ar d pathetic unrepentant illiterate! You expect soldiers who confront death evry now and then to be smiling to an oafish egoistic weakling who cannot even defeat d bacteria in is mouth. Follow them drag rubbish if dem nogo use boot match dat ur fat head till ur brain wakes up.
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Lilswaghanxum(m): 12:07am On May 16, 2015
arigold1304:
Is not fare......FG should do sth abt dat
You transport fare? IT IS FAIR NT FARE
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by Hexzagon: 12:08am On May 16, 2015
The story isn't complete... the originator forgot to mention the part where the cm was in the wrong place at the wrong time, the part where the cm scorned the soldier about going to sambisa forest to exercise his authority, the part where the cm mentioned the soldier's father, the part where the cm was "forming" and giving reasons why he can't serve his punishment. i have never been a fan of soldiers and their brutality or in any supported them even when they are absolutely right but judging by the character of this soldier who is also my platoon commander and based on his relationship with his platoon, I am most certain the cm went too far in dearing someone who's job is to manhandled any "perceived enemies of the law". I am not in anyway justifying the the actions of the soldier. I guess this is the part I urge you all not to be biased in reporting news. also, two wrongs don't make right but when you over 2000 cm with the power of Internet always ready to cry foul even when they are obviously at fault, what would you expect?
NB. The incident took place in the male hostel how on earth did the lady lady get so much info? #hearsay_hyperbole
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by klevjey: 1:40am On May 16, 2015
solid3:
Nice one. All this children of now a days who have no respect for constituted authority, it serves them right.

ur papa left yansh
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by klevjey: 2:01am On May 16, 2015
LasoulMacuby:
Nice one from the soldiers, it's called a regimented camp, and as such all should be prepared to face it.
Soldiers are very disciplined set of people, and the won't just go about beating helpless CMs for nothing
Out of over 2k corpers in the camp, why only 3? I suspect all these cultists who always want to show off
Kill them All

ur papa left yansh
Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by SFSNIPER(m): 4:13am On May 16, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Absolute nonsense & complete balderdash.. People like you are reason while the naija army command less respect.
Nothing should justify any form of physical abuse to CM. It makes no sense at all. Everyone has his or her human right. So because a CM is rude to you, he/she should be treated like a criminal. Even criminals have right in a sane environment.
The psychic of most naija soldiers is appalling. You lots try to just all form of abuse just because you were all subjected to it when you were a trainee..
Bro, those methods still employed by your superiors who trained you are archaic & old fashioned.
Have you actually confirmed what really happened? Don't read a one-side story on NL and start drawing up conclusion. I know someone like you could have done worse. Take the case study I put up there, did I punish the CMs insulting dat soldier? Did I report them? Mr Man, all soldiers are not the same. I just laughed at your 'sense' all through your post.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat NYSC Member To Coma In Katsina NYSC Camp by odave: 6:32am On May 16, 2015
sodiqyinka:
Easier said than done. Pretty sure many 'graduates' won't have nothing to show after 6months of them receiving d 500k. NYSC is a good scheme and i would suggest they take a look into what matters instead of cancelling it as whole. Cheers!

Whatever..that's my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Officially Announced 2018 Batch B Stream II Call-up Letter Date -screenshot / Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried / Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.