Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Chelsea Owner Abramovich Personally Sack Scolari, Avram To Return - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Owner Abramovich Personally Sack Scolari, Avram To Return (679 Views)

Abramovich To Hand Roberto Di Matteo One-year Chelsea Deal / Drogba, Cech Forced Me Out Of Chelsea—scolari / Chelsea Manager Felipe Luiz Scolari Sacked After Players Revolt (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Chelsea Owner Abramovich Personally Sack Scolari, Avram To Return by uniknet: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
Following the sacking of Luiz Felipe Scolari as Chelsea manager today, a spokeman for the coach has insisted that the ultimate decision to dismiss the World Cup winner was taken by Chelsea's multi-billionaire owner Roman Abramovich.

And Acaz Fellegger also insists that 'Big Phil' had the backing of Chelsea's chief excutive Peter Kenyon right up until the end.

"It seems that Abramovich made the decision," Fellegger told newspaper Lance earlier.

"He [Scolari] was not in a comfortable situation despite having the support of the squad and Peter Kenyon."

The spokesman also idenitified what he, and perhaps Scolari himself, felt was the real problem at the club: a lack of youth and vibrancy in the first-team. He also brought up the old issue of Robinho's failure to sign for the west Londonders.

"The Chelsea squad are old," Fellegger continued. "Felipe tried to rejuvenate it, but unsuccessfully.

"He asked [the board] to sign Deco and Robinho, but they only bought Deco."

The problem Scolari had with speaking English was never an issue though, according to Fellegger. Scolari did well to reach the level of competence he attained in the language in such a relatively short time.

"The English language has never been an issue for him as he has given many interviews in English," the spokeman added.

Scolari himself also issued a statement via Fellegger's website confirming that he would speak directly to the media very soon, and wishing his former club all the best.

"I wish luck to Chelsea in the three competitions they are involved in," the statement read.

"I also take this opportunity to confirm that I will keep living in London and I will respond to the media soon."

Sky Sports are speculating that Guus Hiddink - of the Russian national team - and Avram Grant, who guided the club to the League Cup final, the Champions League final, and second place in the Premier League, are the forerunning candidates, possibly together, with the former as Director of Football and the latter as head coach.

(1)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Become A Fan Of Any European Club / Red Letter Day; Man U Vs Barca Live In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.