Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them (22165 Views)

Chivita Active Vegetable & Fruit Nectar: First Of Its Kind In Nigeria / modified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 2:53pm On May 15, 2015
where can I get yoghurt with live and active culture in Nigeria? please help me out o. it is urgent. thanks
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2015
adonbilivit:
where can I get yoghurt with live and active culture in Nigeria? please help me out o. it is urgent. thanks

Go to institute of industrial research oshodi (fiiro). Their analytical microbiology laboratory produces yoghurt starter culture. Thank me later
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 5:52pm On May 15, 2015
marvelling:

Go to institute of industrial research oshodi (fiiro). Their analytical microbiology laboratory produces yoghurt starter culture. Thank me later
yoghurt starter? I am not inn lag bro. how do I get it
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 6:20pm On May 15, 2015
adonbilivit:
yoghurt starter? I am not inn lag bro. how do I get it

Where are you? Let me see whether you can get dvs culture around you
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 6:45pm On May 15, 2015
marvelling:

Where are you? Let me see whether you can get dvs culture around you
aba. what is even DVS culture? I just need an already made yoghurt with active live culture. it should not contain sugar too. thanks. can u help with thay

1 Like

Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2015
adonbilivit:
aba. what is even DVS culture? I just need an already made yoghurt with active live culture. it should not contain sugar too. thanks. can u help with thay

Yoghurt starter culture, which is commercially known as DVS culture (direct vat-set) is the inoculum that is added to pasteurised milk in order for it to ferment and produce yoghurt.

Aba is too far from where I am presently, even if I get it for you, sending it might present a problem. I suggest you go to any of the local yoghurt manufacturers around you and make enquiries. They know where to get it.

1 Like

Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 8:50pm On May 15, 2015
marvelling:

Yoghurt starter culture, which is commercially known as DVS culture (direct vat-set) is the inoculum that is added to pasteurised milk in order for it to ferment and produce yoghurt.

Aba is too far from where I am presently, even if I get it for you, sending it might present a problem. I suggest you go to any of the local yoghurt manufacturers around you and make enquiries. They know where to get it.
thanks bro. I really appreciate
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 9:05pm On May 15, 2015
adonbilivit:
Don't mention it
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 2:53am On May 16, 2015
adonbilivit:
Don't mention it
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 12:40pm On May 16, 2015
marvelling:

Don't mention it
bro...can u help me buy any good yogurt with live active culture over there in lag? please.
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2015
adonbilivit:
bro...can u help me buy any good yogurt with live active culture over there in lag? please.

The deal is that I'm not in lagos right now. But I'll be there by the ending of next week. If you don't have anyone else that can help you, then you'll have to wait until first week of june to get it.
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 5:56pm On May 16, 2015
[quote author=marvelling post=33801910]

I will wait bro. thanks once again
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 6:04pm On May 16, 2015
[quote author=adonbilivit post=33802283][/quote]
Ok just remind me on the 28th
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 6:05pm On May 16, 2015
[quote author=adonbilivit post=33802283][/quote]
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 9:15pm On May 16, 2015
marvelling:

k bro
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 8:37am On May 27, 2015
marvelling:

"pre- reminder"...hello bro. u are good right? still hopeful
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2015
adonbilivit:

"pre- reminder"...hello bro. u are good right? still hopeful

Yeah! Let's keep our fingers crossed by monday I'll get you the price and then we'll discuss how to get it to you on time
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 9:21am On May 27, 2015
marvelling:

Yeah! Let's keep our fingers crossed by monday I'll get you the price and then we'll discuss how to get it to you on time
okay then. sugarless yougurt with active live culture. thanks
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 10:29am On May 31, 2015
marvelling:

hey bro. happy Sunday. tomorrow is Monday. just reminding u. thanks in advance
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 10:33am On May 31, 2015
adonbilivit:
hey bro. happy Sunday. tomorrow is Monday. just reminding u. thanks in advance

Yeah! By God's grace tomorrow. Send me your details so that I can contact you once I confirm the price of the starter culture and the cost of delivering it to you.
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 11:13am On May 31, 2015
marvelling:

Yeah! By God's grace tomorrow. Send me your details so that I can contact you once I confirm the price of the starter culture and the cost of delivering it to you.
starter culture? I want already made yogurt.
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2015
adonbilivit:
starter culture? I want already made yogurt.

Wait first, do you want to make yoghurt for personal consumption or for small scale production?

You can buy ready made yoghurt anywhere. However, the one with active live organisms that can be used to make more yoghurt (when added to milk) is what I referred to as starter culture. I explained this to you earlier.
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 11:36am On May 31, 2015
marvelling:

Wait first, do you want to make yoghurt for personal consumption or for small scale production?

You can buy ready made yoghurt anywhere. However, the one with active live organisms that can be used to make more yoghurt (when added to milk) is what I referred to as starter culture. I explained this to you earlier.
for personal use. I just want sugarless yogurt that has live active culture in it. don't want to make yogurt myself.
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by marvelling(m): 1:16pm On May 31, 2015
adonbilivit:
for personal use. I just want sugarless yogurt that has live active culture in it. don't want to make yogurt myself.

Lol! My dear look around in aba you'll surely get it from one of the local yoghurt manufacturers there. I initially thought it was for small scale production. Anyway I'll try and get it for you tomorrow (if I can't I'll get you the price and tell you how to have it delivered to you in aba).
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by adonbilivit: 1:24pm On May 31, 2015
marvelling:

Lol! My dear look around in aba you'll surely get it from one of the local yoghurt manufacturers there. I initially thought it was for small scale production. Anyway I'll try and get it for you tomorrow (if I can't I'll get you the price and tell you how to have it delivered to you in aba).
I ve searched bro. all they have here is loaded with sugar. no active live culture. I will be most grateful
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by ss1930(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2018
marvelling:

Good day Marvelling: please i am very much interested in buy the yoghurt started culture and gelatin, preservative and benzote. please how can i get them and where in lagos will i buy them. i have tried for more than 3 months trying to locate where its been sold but to no avail. pls help me out. Thanks... hoping to hear from u soon
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by breadplanets(f): 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
Poster go to market road where they sell baking materials. Buy the yogurt culture and milk and make the yogurt yourself. or check Royal supermarket for already made yougurt.
Read d label wella

1 Like

Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by ss1930(m): 12:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Thanks... But I just finished moving round Ketu market and mile 12... I couldn't get where to buy it. Getting live yoghurt culture is what I need. If u know anyone or anywhere, it's highly appreciated

breadplanets:
Poster go to market road where they sell baking materials. Buy the yogurt culture and milk and make the yogurt yourself. or check Royal supermarket for already made yougurt.
Read d label wella
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by Wakemeup: 6:44am On Dec 11, 2019
Try something Lite Greek yogurt. Theirs has active life culture and its made with pasturized fresh milk.
Re: Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them by zodd(m): 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2021
I get mine from Kezia Greek Yogurt

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Prepare Oha Soup. What Are The Ingridients / Indomie's Mama Too Good Vs Honeywell's Bam Bam La La / The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.