Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? (30388 Views)

Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State / Have You Ever Seen Black Maize Before? This Will Shock You / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Olorun a woh
Olorun a dasi

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by dacovajnr: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
JJKADRY:

Sorry bro, i only have Achantina Achantina.
what sort of incantation is this? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Is that a name of an evil spirit? Are you people cultist?
That's a name for a kind of edible snail.

Delicious I tell you.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by UnimkeAk(m): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
How do they have sex?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Sweetguy25: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Largas:

That's a name for a kind of edible snail.

Delicious I tell you.

Snails disgust me. I don't them or any food cooked with them. angry
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Snails disgust me. I don't them or any food cooked with them. angry

They are very nutritious. your body needs them.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by harristo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chanchit:

No, na pig farm.
Btw, I hate snails.

As in you hate to eat snail,

Or you hate to have snail crawl up your body?

Btw snail dey sweet for stew die.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Sweetguy25: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
Largas:

They are very nutritious. your body needs them.

There are other highly nutritious non-disgusting foods available. Thanks but no thanks.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Chanchit: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
harristo:

As in you hate to eat snail,

Or you hate to have snail crawl up your body?

Btw snail dey sweet for stew die.

I don't have a problem with it crawling on my body, but I can't eat it. Ii use to play with it sef when I was small.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:

There are other highly nutritious non-disgusting foods available. Thanks but no thankks.

Funny. Well it's alright considering different foods appeal different people.

I eat all snails. grin
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Woah. This is nice. I am so much in love with nature
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Berrymoss(f): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
JJKADRY:

Sorry bro, i only have Achantina Achantina.
this swahili na die
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by coolar: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
dominique:
I'm a bit curious about how they reproduce, do they lay eggs or give birth to live? Can't seem remember what I learnt in my ZLY 101 class embarassed

The time taken to expose your ignorance is greater than the time taken to search Google.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by coolar: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
ozycy:
Hi, pls how do you manage your snail dis harmattan season, my snails are dying, I don't know why.

Open a thread with pictures, lalastical will help you get the desired attention.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Electronzeez(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
coolar:

The time taken to expose your ignorance is greater than the time taken to search Google.

provided mtn bundle sold at 10Mb at constant data rate.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by boyoboyo: 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
I need more information about snail business, please if you can help me I will appreciate it. Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by smartmoses(m): 4:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Snail baba
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by eniolaamoda: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
delishpot:
Wow, OP, is that a snail farm?

No hippopotamus farm

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lovely hatchlings.
Wanna lean more about snails and snail farming? Visit my guide thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2659715/a-z-snail-farming-nigeria-what

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
So tiny!
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
dominique:
I'm a bit curious about how they reproduce, do they lay eggs or give birth to live? Can't seem remember what I learnt in my ZLY 101 class embarassed

They are hermaphrodites and lay eggs , they cross fertilise their eggs

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
So tiny!

But in 7-8 months, they will be worth N250 each. N300 in the middle of the dry season. (December to march)

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
lordhugo:

But in 7-8 months, they will be worth N250 each. N300 in the middle of the dry season. (December to march)
what's the cost of the year old snails?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by ViktorMartins(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
JJKADRY. Nice try but I noticed you didn't cut the unripe pawpaw into small sizes, it will save the snails a Lotta strength when eating.
Again, that soil looks sordic maybe it's your camera resolution tho, try and get moist silt-loam
Finally, what breed is that? It looks Archachatina marginata to me, is it?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Ursino(f): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
[quote author=dominique post=40047261]I'm a bit curious about how they reproduce, do they lay eggs or give birth to live? Can't seem remember what I learnt in my ZLY 101 class embarassed[/quote

Snails are hermaphrodites; ie. they have both male and female sex organs. The male organ fertilizes the egg even before it is laid.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
ozycy:
Hi, pls how do you manage your snail dis harmattan season, my snails are dying, I don't know why.

To snails, Humidity is a matter of life and death.

If the approaching harmattan is the cause of their deaths , then watering of pens should be done in the evening. I repeat for emphasis....Evenings. do not water in the day time.

On the other hand, healthy snails should 'normally aestivate' in such a dry period.

Check for pests.
Flies.
and simple moisture and relative humidity.

Place a saucer of water in each 1*1m pen space.

Any other questions?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by rattlesnake(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
shangodele:
did u hav Achantina marginata? If u do,pls inbox me
I need Argentina genevive
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
what's the cost of the year old snails?

We should be careful not to mistake age with price.

I discussed price under the premise that the snails were raised under 'organic and innovative methods'.

For a well "farm raised" 1 year old snail....350-400 is achievable.

Snails from the wild or improperly fed and managed would take 2 years to attain that size and hence, market price.

For snails, size is price...not age.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
they look so tiny...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nursery Nylons for seedling and Grow bag for plants/veggies is available. / Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG / Price Of Fish Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.