Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? (30387 Views)

Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State / Have You Ever Seen Black Maize Before? This Will Shock You / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
ViktorMartins:
JJKADRY. Nice try but I noticed you didn't cut the unripe pawpaw into small sizes, it will save the snails a Lotta strength when eating.
Again, that soil looks sordic maybe it's your camera resolution tho, try and get moist silt-loam
Finally, what breed is that? It looks Archachatina marginata to me, is it?

I am sorry but the OP is totally correct in using a large contiguous slice of pawpaw.

1. The flat planar areas help the young snails in moving around quicker.

2. The huge size of pawpaw has a large surface area. Less amount of area for bacteria to work on. Simply put, decay will be slowed.

3. The huge slice also serves as shelter for the young snails. This is especially true of using cabbage leaves.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lomprico(m): 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
delishpot:
Wow, OP, is that a snail farm?
No! Its a cow farm.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by sashaa(f): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Is that a name of an evil spirit? Are you people cultist?
was wondering, myself. cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by miqos02(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
cool
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by ViktorMartins(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
lordhugo:

I am sorry but the OP is totally correct in using a large contiguous slice of pawpaw.

1. The flat planar areas help the young snails in moving around quicker.

2. The huge size of pawpaw has a large surface area. Less amount of area for bacteria to work on. Simply put, decay will be slowed.

3. The huge slice also serves as shelter for the young snails. This is especially true of using cabbage leaves.

You might be right but I think the hutchbox is too tall hence my suggestion
Shelter? He is already using an hutchbox, they have shelter already and I advise he plants coco yam if he wants real covering; covering is different from shelter bruh!
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by cheta02(m): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
contact me for your snails 07037954301.... we supply to you in any amount you need and to any part of Nigeria.
if u equally need professional training on how to rear snails we are ever ready to help you grow your business. I'm in delta state currently.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is lovely
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by bummyla(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by sinkhole: 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Is that a name of an evil spirit? Are you people cultist?
dis guy don kill me with laughter today oo grin grin chai he must have watched too much nollywood films!
argentina argentina
argentina magarita
etc

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
coolar:

The time taken to expose your ignorance is greater than the time taken to search Google.

And you are uncouth , bad mannered and a complete dolt
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by coolar: 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
neoapocalypse:

And you are uncouth , bad mannered and a complete dolt

Like my age mates in your family.

I stated the obvious and the person concerned didn't see it as an insult but you did because you are a complete idiot.

How is this supposed to be your business?did I quote you? Gbeborun! Amebo!!
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
[quote author=Ursino post=40050314][/quote]

The majority of snails cross fertilise , they don't fertilise their own eggs but need the sperm from another snail
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
coolar:

Like my age mates in your family.

I stated the obvious and the person concerned didn't see it as an insult but you did because you are a complete idiot.

How is this supposed to be your business?did I quote you? Gbeborun! Amebo!!

You just proved my point
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by AzizG550(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
delishpot:
No It's a Poultry
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by teddybear007(f): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
rattlesnake:
I need Argentina genevive
U jst made me laugh. Gracias.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by coolar: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You just proved my point

That's what you get when you attack people unnecessarily.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by internetpo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
pls advice what's the solution to ants attacking the snails. My sister's farm is having a problems of ant infestation and they killing the snails. the pens are made of wood and these black soldier ants live inside..
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
ViktorMartins:

You might be right but I think the hutchbox is too tall hence my suggestion
Shelter? He is already using an hutchbox, they have shelter already and I advise he plants coco yam if he wants real covering; covering is different from shelter bruh!

First of all, none of what you said above corroborates with your original comment below...#

JJKADRY. Nice try but I noticed you didn't cut the unripe pawpaw into small sizes, it will save the snails a Lotta strength when eating.
Again, that soil looks sordic maybe it's your camera resolution tho, try and get moist silt-loam
Finally, what breed is that? It looks Archachatina marginata to me, is it?

In your first bolded, cutting up food does not help snails in any way. Baby snails or adults. The scratch with tiny teeth on their tongue called a radula. It is the strongest organic matter in the whole world. (google and be educated).Chopping up feed will only accelerate decay.

In your second bolded, a soil that is silty-loam is too water retaining and will kill off eggs easily. The OP has a sandy-clay soil. It would help him to get increase the organic component of his soil substrate anyways.

Lastly, you mentioned those look like A. Marginata. Marginata hatchings are bigger and darker. I am sorry but even though the camera is blurry, such a hatch number (at the same time from the same clutch) can only be observed in A.A populations. A.Achatina it is.

Happy sunday
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Mackson01: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hi JJkadry. Do you have Achatina Achatina for sale, I mean ready to lay. SMS me on 08060756564
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
internetpo:
pls advice what's the solution to ants attacking the snails. My sister's farm is having a problems of ant infestation and they killing the snails. the pens are made of wood and these black soldier ants live inside..

The housing is not pest secure.

remove the snails, pack out the soil substrate.

you need to seal up the pen ground. the ants burrow up from their nests into the pen in search of food.

You can heat the soil substrate by placing and tying in nylons and heating in huge pots or drums with water. Steaming is the key.

Replace soil in pen and reintroduce snails after cooling.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Mackson01: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
JJKADRY. do you have Achatina Achatina ( point of lay) for sale? Sms me on 08060756564
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
dominique:
I'm a bit curious about how they reproduce, do they lay eggs or give birth to live? Can't seem remember what I learnt in my ZLY 101 class embarassed

Your curiosity is notin compared to my knowledge. Just take up the stress of coming down to my house. I'm sure yu ll neva remain d same again (your curiosity I mean)
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by doublejoyful: 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jjkadry pls do u train. I need u to respond fast please. Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by ViktorMartins(m): 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
lordhugo:

First of all, none of what you said above corroborates with your original comment below...#

In your first bolded, cutting up food does not help snails in any way. Baby snails or adults. The scratch with tiny teeth on their tongue called a radula. It is the strongest organic matter in the whole world. (google and be educated).Chopping up feed will only accelerate decay.

In your second bolded, a soil that is silty-loam is too water retaining and will kill off eggs easily. The OP has a sandy-clay soil. It would help him to get increase the organic component of his soil substrate anyways.

Lastly, you mentioned those look like A. Marginata. Marginata hatchings are bigger and darker. I am sorry but even though the camera is blurry, such a hatch number (at the same time from the same clutch) can only be observed in A.A populations. A.Achatina it is.

Happy sunday

Actually, from your last point; you have taken a closer look at the apex? What does that give you? A.M? Or A.A?
What's the essence of adding the radula part? Ask him his mortality rate and you will know why you should use logic instead of texts!
Nah! A silt-loam soil doesn't kill off eggs easily, where did you get that from?
Cutting pawpaw into slices doesn't help the snails? Oh, really! I belief you need to deal practically with these things than just lifting things outta someone's else publications!

Have a wonderful week ahead, Mr. Lordhugo
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by lordhugo(m): 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
ViktorMartins:

Actually, from your last point; you have taken a closer look at the apex? What does that give you? A.M? Or A.A?
What's the essence of adding the radula part? Ask him his mortality rate and you will know why you should use logic instead of texts!
Nah! A silt-loam soil doesn't kill off eggs easily, where did you get that from?
Cutting pawpaw into slices doesn't help the snails? Oh, really! I belief you need to deal practically with these things than just lifting things outta someone's else publications!

Have a wonderful week ahead, Mr. Lordhugo

Take a trip down my profile.

Never assume.

Accepting when you know not is the beginning of knowledge.

and yes, i own snail farms. (farms as in plural).

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by ViktorMartins(m): 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
internetpo:

Tell your sis to raise the snails shelter above ground level, e.g. develop a snail hutchbox.

Concrete the floor of the snail house.

Build a gutter around the house outside and fill it with water.

Try to disinfect the snail house bearing in mind that the snails ain't there while disinfecting the house.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by ViktorMartins(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
lordhugo:

Take a trip down my profile.

Never assume.

Accepting when you know not is the beginning of knowledge.

and yes, i own snail farms. (farms as in plural).

Good! Maybe we could get to meet someday and try to learn from each other!

We both experts, then!

And because your method works for you doesn't mean my method doesn't work for me, the quote about knowing or not knowing is off it

Have a nice week ahead

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
lordhugo:

We should be careful not to mistake age with price.

I discussed price under the premise that the snails were raised under 'organic and innovative methods'.

For a well "farm raised" 1 year old snail....350-400 is achievable.

Snails from the wild or improperly fed and managed would take 2 years to attain that size and hence, market price.

For snails, size is price...not age.
sorry I meant DAY. Like the ones Op posted
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by macino1(m): 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
UnimkeAk:
How do they have sex?
feed your eyes!

Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by etim20(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
delishpot:
No, I think is a football pitch.. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? by Waper2(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pls, inbox me ur contact. I'm interested.
JJKADRY:

Yes, that's my farm...10q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nursery Nylons for seedling and Grow bag for plants/veggies is available. / Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG / Price Of Fish Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.