Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,722 members, 7,824,052 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? (1264 Views)

Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by odijeks(m): 7:35pm On May 15, 2015
Christian hiphop is typically hiphop music which is characterized by a Christian worldview witht the aim of evangelizing or encouraging members of the church.
A lot of Christian rappers have emerged, some of which have gained international recognition, including artist like Grammy award winner, Lecrae, of the 116 clique, tobymac, da truth, canton Jones to name a few. Following the emergence of gospel rap, it has received a lot of criticism from religious folks. There has been a lot of controversy on the genre "gospel hiphop", as some argue that God doesn't approve in spreading the gospel through such loud music. Personally, I believe the words of Rick warren in his book "purpose driven life" that says, "its not the tone or beat that makes a song sacred, but the words in the song" (paraphrased). I also don't believe that hiphop was made by the devil,its as well part of God's magnificent creations and should be used also for his glory. your views on this please?

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by Mcowubaba: 7:56pm On May 15, 2015
Depends on the lyrical content...
Nd in terms of video- the content too...

Hw will a gangster (maybe like Rick ross or lil wayne) be telling me about Jesus Christ ..

Or a video like (E-40-red cup) telling me abt Christ sad
Anyway....here in the West everytin is so Swagalious..
U see gospel singers with tatoos and blings singing!!!...
Mak dem try am 4 Nigeria...(With exclusion of Christ Embassy nd House on the Rockcheesy)

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by odijeks(m): 9:13pm On May 15, 2015
The names u mentioned are rappers Who are not Christians or at least don't uphold Christian values, but there are Christian rappers that have constantly produced edifying rap songs. I agre with u on the lyrics part as well as the lifestyle of the artist
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by michaelwestern(m): 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
odijeks:
The names u mentioned are rappers Who are not Christians or at least don't uphold Christian values, but there are Christian rappers that have constantly produced edifying rap songs. I agre with u on the lyrics part as well as the lifestyle of the artist

Are you kidding? All lecrea songs that i've heard are spiritually deep. If you cant hear what he's singing, you can browse for his lyrics online.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by odijeks(m): 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
[/quote]
Are you kidding? All lecrea songs that i've heard are spiritually deep. If you cant hear what he's singing, you can browse for his lyrics online.[quote]
Sorry, maybe u misunderstood me.. Mcowubaba was calling rappers like Rickross and lil Wayne,. Those were the ones I was referring to
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by sonofthunder: 8:29am On Apr 16, 2016
tis a controversial topic
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by odijeks(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
sonofthunder:
tis a controversial topic
i'm sure you have an opinion on the topic. what is your opinion?, maybe we'll learn something
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by Wenebadu(f): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
Op I concur

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by Harshirama(m): 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ain't that trip lee's pic. He is now a pastor
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Gospel Hiphop/rap? Do You Think Its Ungodly? by Harshirama(m): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2016
By their lyrics you shall know them,listen to rappers like lecrae, trip lee and Andy mineo and you'll be convinced that they are true christians

(1) (Reply)

Is This Possible? / Christians Is Time To WAKE UP And Stop El Rufai's Evil Bill / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.