Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? (915 Views)

Nigerian American Question: Are Igbo's Hated? Why? / Why Are Igbo People Being Reffered To As Osu? / Why Are Yoruba's Obsessed With Greeting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? by lordprosh(m): 8:15pm On May 15, 2015
I have dated different girls but I noticed that those from the southeast and south south are always talking about marriage.. My present gf is from imo nd each time we are togetda she just keep talking abt marriage dat sometimes I get angry... We are still kinda young *undergraduates* nd to be sincere I don't see marriage coming up for me in the nxt 5years but she keep telling me about how guys are asking her hand in marriage
I tot I was the only one experiencing this until my close friends started complaining

My previous gf is from delta state nd she does bore me with marriage ish

I always tell my gfs dat the possibility of we getn marriage is slim coz we still av a long way to go

BTW am yoruba nd I love dating non-yorubas.. Might even marry a non-yoruba
Re: Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? by jamex93(m): 8:26pm On May 15, 2015
the thing tire me oo

after all if u say u want marry dem

na money ha ppl go use send u away

like say marriage na by force

bros no let make dem force u enter marriage o
Re: Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? by lordprosh(m): 8:38pm On May 15, 2015
jamex93:
the thing tire me oo

after all if u say u want marry dem

na money ha ppl go use send u away

like say marriage na by force

bros no let make dem force u enter marriage o
Lol
Force me ke

Rite from day1 I don sound am say I no promise marriage
Re: Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? by jamex93(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2015
lordprosh:

Lol
Force me ke

Rite from day1 I don sound am say I no promise marriage

good
Re: Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 15, 2015
Leave them alone and face your studies if you are not ready to talk marriage.

One of the biggest dreams of an average Igbo girl is building a happy home and raising great kids irrespective of how educated or rich she is. Therefore she sees marriage as the first step
Re: Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? by Mrval20(m): 9:21pm On May 15, 2015
First off, it's not peculiar to Igbo ladies. Some ladies' narrow-mindedness is epic.
Moreover, I guess you're only dating insecure and perhaps, uncivilised girls who still parade with the mentality that getting married and having kids remain the ultimate goal of every lady.

Apparently, you're more advanced than these girls. I advise you to date a classy Igbo girl, or any tribe, with overflowing self confidence and your mindset will change.
Re: Why Are Igbo Girls Obsessed With "Marriage"? by lordprosh(m): 9:40pm On May 15, 2015
Mrval20:
First off, it's not peculiar to Igbo ladies. Some ladies' narrow-mindedness is epic.
Moreover, I guess you're only dating insecure and perhaps, uncivilised girls who still parade with the mentality that getting married and having kids remain the ultimate goal of every lady.

Apparently, you're more advanced than these girls. I advise you to date a classy Igbo girl, or any tribe, with overflowing self confidence and your mindset will change.
I agree wit d point u made ab dem been insecure bt I disagree abt dia civilization
According to research igbo girls ar marriage freaks
Yoruba girls don't fantasize abt marriage...
Dz girls ar awesome in other areas but dz marriage tin is just a turn off

(1) (Reply)

See How OAU Students Organize Model 'oro' For Ooni Of Ife Burial / Funny Pics Of A Couple On Their Wedding Day / Why Do We Africans Like To Remind Black Americans They Come From Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.