Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant (41576 Views)

Buhari Sacks Permanent Secretary For Awarding Contracts To Himself / Govt Terminates Ethnic Militia Pipeline Surveillance Contract / OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Reference(m): 8:03am On May 16, 2015
einsteino:
I am a deltan. I would say revoke it but he as a general should understand that he has to thread very carefully in matters like this. he wouldnt want to cause problems that would distract his government for the next four years. inshort announcing such before his swearing in, would give the boys heads up and enable them prepare for a face off. You don't do such, it is unwise.

Remember Tompolo has upgraded from a mere warlord to a mentor for many, he enjoys undisputed loyalty. Asari may be nothing but a noisemaker but tompolo is someone that commands d respect of even law abiding citizens, he deliberately abstains from public glare and is the only warlord that has a charity foundation. i don't think Tompolo would want any trouble either, but a man like him thaf is so quiet and looks gentle is hard to predict.

Forget the propaganda ameachi and o'tega are trying to sell, in reality the Niger delta is almost wholly anti APC, so buhari lacks political influence in the region, even worst he is from a tribe that is viewed as an oppressor. So he has to thread carefully but we certainly cannot keep up with this contracts. diplomacy is key here, take away any credibility that would allow militancy to thrive. By reaching out and building some trust via an overwhwlming visible FG Presence in the form of developmental projects. that is the easiest and safest way to disarm the ticking time bomb

Best answer so far. A further escalation of the situation is not wise. The Boko Haram insurgency is still raging, tying down a lot of military real estate and some think opening another front in the delta against a graver threat is the right thing to do. If we think solving the Niger-Delta problem has no costs then we should think again. It will be protracted and expensive just because so much damage has been done by the Nigerian state for so long, damage that people simply cannot wish away. Nigeria created the Asaris and Tompolos. Whether they want to create the next generation or upgraded versions is entirely up to them.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Scholes007(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2015
sebali:

Revoking such useless contracts is an indication d administration wud succeed
perhaps that's the best way to failure in Nigeria were sentiment rules...
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by bayulll01(m): 8:04am On May 16, 2015
ki02020:
I dont think the contract should not be suddenly terminated.rather it should be properly negotiated where by the money being paid equate the job the job it being paid for......even if the APC led govt decide to use survallance tech for the area the ex millitants can act a backup for the tecnology.....there is no point going going fully tech when you abundant labour

See reasoning chaii nija is full of great men
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by cirmuell(m): 8:06am On May 16, 2015
ki02020:
I dont think the contract should not be suddenly terminated.rather it should be properly negotiated where by the money being paid equate the job the job it being paid for......even if the APC led govt decide to use survallance tech for the area the ex millitants can act a backup for the tecnology.....there is no point going going fully tech when you abundant labour
no one mentioned anything about going fully tech., it says the government will further empower the recognized security agencies in the country in combating the vandals. No negotiating anything, those guys are only enriching their pockets and constituting nuisance, few days back those knucklehead killed a lady in Ogun state, enough already.
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by piphunter(m): 8:09am On May 16, 2015
^^^ internet warrior.....
babasanti:
Hahahhhahhhhahah, the cows and rams wish he can revoke it. whoever wrote this article hs never been to the niger delta and its creek. before. They just sit in that cubicle office and use 20naira bic biro to write rubbish news and publish. See don't undersestimate the people of niger delta. They are very fierce, with will power. If buhari and the cows and rams have 7 heads they should make attempt to stop tompolo. They nigeria should get ready to export onion and water melon and use water to run cars and generators. Buhari call your rams to order , don't take our calmness and our urge for peace as a weakness. We are not the tribe of judas from south west ,this is not 1969 . This is 2015, we have more intellects, professors, highly trained,doctorate degree holders,able militants , rich private indegenes ,more than the south west and north put 2geda. If you dare us now, this time nigeria will be history and there will be a victor and vanquished. I'm proud to b a niger delta man
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by boxypane(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2015
calebo101:
Na now problem wan start. Make una warn una messiah make e nor price those rude men for creek oooo angry angry angry. Those men nor just get joy at all. If dem begin here una go know say Boko Haram dey learn. Who dey cry dey see road o. Make una nor say we nor warn una.

The illiterate will soon realize that Tompolo, Boyloaf, Asari and the rest dey learn wen boys carry red eye enter creek. Make e go ask Obasanjo and Yar'Adua how far.

One dynamite, One pipeline. Let's see how they will pay salaries in Nigeria. Oil price crash some Governors don dey complain say no money to pay salary, by the time dem don light up Apapa depot again Buhari go know say nor be to shout Change be governance.

No room for polite insults here, especially wit ppl LIKE u. U hav a NAVY, ARMY and the POLICE force!!!! And you gave out such sensitive part of the Economy to Thugs. Is dat definition for Employment? What a wayward memory.
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by officialtahir: 8:11am On May 16, 2015
calebo101:
Na now problem wan start. Make una warn una messiah make e nor price those rude men for creek oooo angry angry angry. Those men nor just get joy at all. If dem begin here una go know say Boko Haram dey learn. Who dey cry dey see road o. Make una nor say we nor warn una.

The illiterate will soon realize that Tompolo, Boyloaf, Asari and the rest dey learn wen boys carry red eye enter creek. Make e go ask Obasanjo and Yar'Adua how far.

One dynamite, One pipeline. Let's see how they will pay salaries in Nigeria. Oil price crash some Governors don dey complain say no money to pay salary, by the time dem don light up Apapa depot again Buhari go know say nor be to shout Change be governance.

dude its d general ur dealing with dis time, nt a bloody nd clueless civilian from otuoke
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by daddynasa: 8:12am On May 16, 2015
deandavid:

guy you dey rake....... you think GMB is someone common militants can arm twist? He will handle them(militants) wella. You be militant? you dey benefit from the contact? watin tompolo and the rest don use their money do for the niger delta? NOTHING......... Asari carry him own go Benin republic go build school. No infrastructures in their villages and they keep collecting money for doing nothing. Now we dont have light, because some idiots blew the gas pipe lines. are they not suppose to protect those pipelines? Abeg GMB revoke those useless contracts, nothing go happen. we dey your back.
I like Nigerians so much cus I b one of dem. confirm bendel boy benin-delta. me neva support armnesti o. wen we dey PH that time d form reach ma hand to claim ex-militant but I reject am. now ma guys wey fill d form dey collect free 60-80k monthly for doing notin. na to dey Bleep all d calabar girls dem sabi. I dey vex smtimes cus me don finish sch no job. make GMB scrap am. but make he use sense o. I don experience these militants o. if he set now. u wey dey form say u dey GMB back so, u go gbes o. those guys goo defeat our Nigeria army right now cus our army don lose form o. abeg GMB Wetin small pikin go see wen he dey ontop internet, old man no go see am wen he climb ladder o. SAY NO TO MILITANTS but GMB equip our army first before anytin so that Berlin conference ll never b our case

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Strongfaze(m): 8:13am On May 16, 2015
calebo101:

. Guy you just dey rant! How can you compare Boko Harm guys that blow themselves up and Militants that stick a dynamite to a pipeline and run away before it blows up?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Nobody: 8:14am On May 16, 2015
OgagaMic:
omokiniovo biko keme' Udi na, make I shark, en en

and d fool thinks e his doing the right thing... well I nor blame na, Na condition wen put me and aboky 4 1 country...

My brothers don start to blow pipeline , I trust Urhobo Gbagbako and my ijaw brothers,

Jst cared less abt OPC, this is wat Yoruba wanted, Buhari dont bite more than u can shew, try us 1st, u go know, ask yaradua, I jst hope this fool does nt scrap Amnesty program too, we re quiet nt because we re lazy, we dey observe, we d people of SS dey look as the way d economy of this country go collapse if dem play with us
.. many pipe dey my area, na to they ready to bomb dem

SS are a bunch of toothless bulldogs. show me one ss that is ready to die in battle.. nonsense. bring it on and you will hear what your forefathers never hrd

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by claycares: 8:15am On May 16, 2015
sebali:

Fooool, as if u wont be affected by such an action.
Try 2 be more enlightened it wud help ur course.
Who do u think wud suffer more if a pipeline is blown up; buhari or d woman in d creeks. Again if it is done and leads 2 reduction of d nations revenue in turn each state gets a reduce allocation, SS states inclusive.

So count the losses and gains and tell me who gains? The faceless boys who have nothing to lose or GMB who has been saddled with lots of burdens and responsibilities that he can't even discharge 5% of.

For the boys in the creeks, one dynamite on the NCTL is sufficient, for instance, to stop production on OMLs 18,24,25,29 & Chevron's facilities, why? Because all these assets pumps their production into the NCTL which delivers crude at Bonny Terminal. Even the IOCs are not sure of what the future holds for them.

So before you post think, before you think research and in researching visit the creeks so you can comprehend that the area is a delta (please check the meaning) and not Ikeja, Aba or Lafia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Nobody: 8:18am On May 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Empty noise. Was it not the same Nigerian army that were battered by this same militants during Obj and Yaradua regimes. We shall see
in every battle there must be casualties at both sides, u don't stay in d creeks, neitger are u from there same as me, so I wud like to advise that u don't put salt in open wounds... if there was ever a clash between Niger delta militants and Nigerian army lemme tell u d implications;
1) the destruction of d pipeline wud make d Niger delta one of d most poluted areas in d world.
2) lives and properties of innocent people who have no business with buhari nor with Gej or d militants wud be destroyed.
3) Nigerias revenue as well as Niger delta states allocations wud ve affected.
4) Niger delta states dat are trying to develop wud withness a massive exodus of people.
5) the yorubas wud use this as a medium to move more oil companies to there regions at d expense of d region producing it.
6) Akwa ibom dats rising to become a power in Nigeria wud fall as a result of d declining oil revenue and allocations, d same way ph dat was once Nigerias fastest growing surpassing even lagos fell during d Niger delta crisis dats how it might fall if care is not taken.
7) the list goes on.
At least we know dat its not every Nigerian delta state that has militants it's just some, and it's just dat few that's enjoying from d pipeline contracts, so if anything happens these same states too wud distance themselves from militancy activities so d militants and d Nigerian army wud know where to take der madness to.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by oyeludef(m): 8:19am On May 16, 2015
mikky250:

No mind the mugu. He thinks he is smarter than a Ph.d holder. His policies will bring about a jobless militants and he will learn the result of that. Let's watch and see how far his govt will go with all these stupid revocations.
the question is have d Militants been effective in protecting the pipe lines? Should buhari fold his hands and watch them lord over d nation just because dey r niger deltan? The chart below should show you how effective dey av been

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:23am On May 16, 2015
Collect the contract from one group ( possibly people that don't agree with you ) and give it to another group. The logistics will likely be the same. Or are the security agencies going to do the job without ADDITIONAL FUNDING?
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Desmondkk(m): 8:23am On May 16, 2015
calebo101:

My guy na word u dey talk so?make I tell u something if Buhari wan deal wit dos miscreants he go flosh dem within 7 days....na rake una dey rake no level for tompolo,boylof nd asari again for dis country
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by chamboy(m): 8:25am On May 16, 2015
calebo101:

try Vandalising any Government Property n find ur self In jail. Rubbish
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by claycares: 8:26am On May 16, 2015
lygn19:
in every battle there must be casualties at both sides, u don't stay in d creeks, neitger are u from there same as me, so I wud like to advise that u don't put salt in open wounds... if there was ever a clash between Niger delta militants and Nigerian army lemme tell u d implications;
1) the destruction of d pipeline wud make d Niger delta one of d most poluted areas in d world.
2) lives and properties of innocent people who have no business with buhari nor with Gej or d militants wud be destroyed.
4) Niger delta states dat are trying to develop wud withness a massive exodus of people.
5) the yorubas wud use this as a medium to move more oil companies to there regions at d expense of d region producing it.
6) Akwa ibom dats rising to become a power in Nigeria wud fall as a result of d declining oil revenue and allocations, d same way ph dat was once Nigerias fastest growing surpassing even lagos fell during d Niger delta crisis dats how it might fall if care is not taken.
7) the list goes on.
At least we know dat its not every Nigerian delta state that has militants it's just some, and it's just dat few that's enjoying from d pipeline contracts, so if anything happens these same states too wud distance themselves from militancy activities so d militants and d Nigerian army wud know where to take der madness to.

I'm sorry to say this, but to those militants, these are mere academics. They can't comprehend these. Have you negotiated with these communities previously? The Nigerian Army and law enforcement agencies are they not the same JTF or will GMB bring in the Marines?

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by eaglechild: 8:27am On May 16, 2015
hustler86:

Sitdon dia de paly us tape of obj's misery arindin. 'A man that says it can't be done is interrupted by another man that's done with it'. Dey fool yaself shotigbo, omo igbo towo aposhe.
I don't understand what you wrote.
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Positiveminds(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2015
Oh good help us.Looks like the end of Nigeria is here as the Fulani man assumes power.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by claycares: 8:30am On May 16, 2015
oyeludef:
the question is have d Militants been effective in protecting the pipe lines? Should buhari fold his hands and watch them lord over d nation just because dey r niger deltan? The chart below should show you how effective dey av been
I bet you this your chat is not correct, even the iocs will not accept this. Where are your sources?
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by chamboy(m): 8:30am On May 16, 2015
stebell:
BABA ONE CHANCE at it again.
Always talking trash even b4 assuming office.
Well, the boys are waiting for him in the creeks.
He shud cancel the amnesty package too.
Buhari Daura President.
Baba One Chance.

GEJ is our Hero, Wike my Role Model.
Gerrout
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Nobody: 8:31am On May 16, 2015
lygn19:
7) the list goes on.
Bros you don't need to tell me anything about Niger delta militancy. I witnessed it first hand. Our military could not tackle the militancy during Obasanjo and Yaradua regimes, is it now that another insurgency is raging in the north east that the already battle weary Nigerian army would defeat them?

Buhari is even been stupid by revealing such a plan before ascending office. It would give the militants enough time to mobilize and get ready for him

4 Likes

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by onatisi(m): 8:31am On May 16, 2015
nelson4:
You can never solve this problem with force, most people talking have never been to the creeks. Buhari has a fellow president in that area (GEJ) , all you need is to be engage him to negotiate with the boys , can introduce alternative programs in those areas that will really impact the lives of the people.
They (militants) knows the country is desperate need of cash so they will cooperate especially when approach by one of their own. But if Buhari and APC thinks this about getting back at GEJ or the Niger Delta then this country will be in deep shit soon. We have tink tanks in this country, their job is to proffer peaceful solutions.
it will be foolish and dumb of the incoming govt to revoke those contracts , knowing fully well that it is the existence of those contracts that keeps the nation oil revenue coming. The childish manner buhari supporters are expecting buhari to exhibit and display isn't the kind of behaviour he will display. nigeria of today is now more complex than the nigeria of 1983. Buhari will disappoint many of his followers as he will have no choice but to tread slowly,softly and gently if he dares rock the too much and too suddenly he will destroy everything.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by supereagle(m): 8:33am On May 16, 2015
Let wait and see . The prey of the mighty will now be taken away.
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Nobody: 8:33am On May 16, 2015
chamboy:
try Vandalising any Government Property n find ur self In jail. Rubbish
Lol Asari and Tompolo did and today they are billionaires.

The Nigerian economy cannot withstand another militancy in the Niger delta. The Daura President might not understand this now because he is an illiterate
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by datone: 8:33am On May 16, 2015
Buharis tenure will not go well .i bet . make we just dey watch in 3D.You think say this one na 1967 wey those foolish northerner deceive the SW into creating problems for the SE . This time around tinubu sef go know say sw agberos dey learn where ss milis dey do training

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Nicepoker(m): 8:36am On May 16, 2015
deandavid:

guy you dey rake....... you think GMB is someone common militants can arm twist? He will handle them(militants) wella. You be militant? you dey benefit from the contact? watin tompolo and the rest don use their money do for the niger delta? NOTHING......... Asari carry him own go Benin republic go build school. No infrastructures in their villages and they keep collecting money for doing nothing. Now we dont have light, because some idiots blew the gas pipe lines. are they not suppose to protect those pipelines? Abeg GMB revoke those useless contracts, nothing go happen. we dey your back.
u are behind him on nairaland abi?
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by luvmijeje(f): 8:36am On May 16, 2015
Reference:

I agree. So what ideas do you have.

First of all, the Nigeria police force, other security operatives and generally the justice system should be restructure and well funded.

Secondly, Buhari must show sincerity of purpose by implementing his plan for Niger Delta thereby making the criminal elements redundant while bringing the people who matter most to his side. He should do that by employing the right people to head NDDC and other like minded agencies.

Finally, he must be transparent, open and honest. He must take the people along in every decision process.
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Teespice(f): 8:37am On May 16, 2015
see the ragamuffins GEJ is paying to guide our pipelines.
can may 29 not reach already. buhari has a whole lot of work to do.
Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by Nobody: 8:38am On May 16, 2015
calebo101:

na den u go no who dey powerful between the president and just group of thugs. sey u wan compare clueless PHD holder with An Experienced, Gallant General.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by claycares: 8:38am On May 16, 2015
onatisi:
it will be foolish and dumb of the incoming govt to revoke those contracts , knowing fully well that it is the existence of those contracts that keeps the nation oil revenue coming. The childish manner buhari supporters are expecting buhari to exhibit and display isn't the kind of behaviour he will display. nigeria of today is now more complex than the nigeria of 1983. Buhari will disappoint many of his followers as he will have no choice but to tread slowly,softly and gently if he dares rock the too much and too suddenly he will destroy everything.
I concur, peaceful negotiation is the key. I believe GMB is bright enough to know this and not what I've been reading here from his supporters who are still in the spirit of election

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant by chamboy(m): 8:39am On May 16, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol Asari and Tompolo did and today they are billionaires.

The Nigerian economy cannot withstand another militancy in the Niger delta. The Daura President might not understand this now because he is an illiterate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo 's Road To Abuja As Vice President: The Untold Story By Olawale Olaleye / Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. / Photo: President Buhari At Niger, Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.