Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Silly Job Seeker Mistakes When Going For Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Silly Job Seeker Mistakes When Going For Interview (704 Views)

Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression / How To Build Confidence When Going For An Interview / The 5 Biggest Mistakes When Writing Your CV And How To Avoid Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silly Job Seeker Mistakes When Going For Interview by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 10, 2009
The job seekers that think they know what to avoid doing during a job interview are usually the job seekers that make silly mistakes! Your everyday habits carry with you during a job interview, and because they are habits, most job seekers don't even know they are doing something! Before your next job interview, make sure you don't make any of the following silly mistakes:

Silly Job Seeker Mistake #1: Too Much Perfume or Cologne

This is my favorite! Have you ever been in a room, or an elevator, where the person next to you is suffocating you with their perfume? Or how about smelt a perfume that smells worst than your dog's breathe? I don't know about you, but when that happens to me I try to get as far away from that person as possible! So, if the employer is being suffocated by your perfume or gets a migraine from being around you, I wouldn't count on being in the interview for very long!

Silly Job Seeker Mistake #2: Run in Your Tights

You decided to wear a professional skirt, and like you should, wore tights. Then, after sitting down you go to gross your legs and realize you have a run going from your knee down to your heel. Check your tights before you interview! This shows sloppiness!

Silly Job Seeker Mistake #3: Unzipped Fly

This happens to many people, so don't worry, you're not alone. But, think of it this way. When something is out of place and it bugs you, what do you do? Stare! So instead of focusing on you the employer is focusing on how to inform you that your fly is down without making either of you feel awkward.

Silly Job Seeker Mistake #4: Open-Toe Shoes

This one you want to avoid! Open-toe shoes are meant to have a sexual appeal not a professional one!

Silly Job Seeker Mistake #5: First Name Basis

Just because you call your current boss by their first name, doesn't mean you can call the person interviewing you by theirs! Further, addressing someone by their last name shows a certain level of respect.

Silly Job Seeker Mistake #6: Chipped Nail Polish

By not paying attention to your appearance, how can an employer expect you to pay attention to your job? They can't!

Silly Job Seeker Mistake #7: Bed Head

Guys, left over hair gel is a big no-no and girls, snarly hair is a no-no! If you don't plan on showering, at least brush!

http://www./articles.php?articleID=15&action=viewarticle
Re: Silly Job Seeker Mistakes When Going For Interview by victor08(m): 1:36am On Apr 06, 2010
kudos man
Re: Silly Job Seeker Mistakes When Going For Interview by smsmillion: 11:29am On Apr 06, 2010
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Urgent! Accountant Vacancies For An Oil Multinational / Vacancy In A Financial Institution / Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.