Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

How To Remove Tick - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Remove Tick (3276 Views)

Help: Lice And Tick On My Dog / GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH / Remedies For Tick Removal From Dogs/surroundings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Tick by vondi: 10:39pm On May 16, 2015
Hello All,
I recently travelled out of town and left my dog in the care of my friend, but I came back to meet tick all over its body. How can I urgently get rid of them?
Would appreciate suggestions from fellow animal lovers
Re: How To Remove Tick by xreal: 10:48pm On May 16, 2015
how do you manage them before you travelled?

2 Likes

Re: How To Remove Tick by tafolayan90(m): 11:47pm On May 16, 2015
I have the powder and is working fine
Re: How To Remove Tick by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:34am On May 17, 2015
tafolayan90:
I have the powder and is working fine

Powder is not bad,as it s safer,but t is hard to apply all over your dog especially when your dog is large and hairy.

I normally use Amiraz 20 and it works wonders,I bathe the dogs 1st with a dog shampoo and apply the mixture after rinsing the shampoo from hs coat,I get a clean white handkerchief which I soak in the mixtuure to clean inside of the ears.

Note: Amiraz 20 can be dangerous if not properly mixed,I have heard people say chemical bathe killed their dogs,though I have never experienced it.
So one must be very careful in using chemicals.
Watch ur dog after a chemcal bathe and follow the instructons on the container to mixing.
Don't do concentrated mixture and avoid the chamical from entering their mouths,dispose off empty chemical containers and any water residue mixed with chemicals.
Re: How To Remove Tick by knyte(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

Powder is not bad,as it s safer,but t is hard to apply all over your dog especially when your dog is large and hairy.

I normally use Amiraz 20 and it works wonders,I bathe the dogs 1st with a dog shampoo and apply the mixture after rinsing the shampoo from hs coat,I get a clean white handkerchief which I soak in the mixtuure to clean inside of the ears.

Note: Amiraz 20 can be dangerous if not properly mixed,I have heard people say chemical bathe killed their dogs,though I have never experienced it.
Watch ur dog after a chemcal bathe and follow the instructons on the container to mixing.
Don't do concentrated mixture and avoid the chamical from entering their mouths,dispose off empty chemical containers and any water residue mixed with chemicals.
My opinion, dnt u think methylated spirit wld b safer than using the chemical to clear the ears. I use the chemical too but like u said u have to b very careful with it to avoid high concentration.

1 Like

Re: How To Remove Tick by tafolayan90(m): 8:59am On May 18, 2015
The poweder is the best it work so fine with my dogs
Re: How To Remove Tick by mayorall(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2015
tafolayan90:
The poweder is the best it work so fine with my dogs

What's the powder's name?.
Re: How To Remove Tick by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:38pm On May 18, 2015
knyte:

My opinion, dnt u think methylated spirit wld b safer than using the chemical to clear the ears. I use the chemical too but like u said u have to b very careful with it to avoid high concentration.

If its properly mixed,chemicals is better,menthylated sprit will only clean but cannot eliminate them from breeding as ticks mostly breed from the ears,besides I will prefer to use dettol instead of menthylated spirit.Dettol also helps if a dog has unusual droppings from its ears
Re: How To Remove Tick by knyte(m): 10:07pm On May 18, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

If its properly mixed,chemicals is better,menthylated sprit will only clean but cannot eliminate them from breeding as ticks mostly breed from the ears,besides I will prefer to use dettol instead of menthylated spirit.Dettol also helps if a dog has unusual droppings from its ears
True, I second that
Re: How To Remove Tick by tafolayan90(m): 7:16am On May 19, 2015
The powder name is xtopher powder it working fine with my dogs
Re: How To Remove Tick by Prodeegee(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2015
tafolayan90:
The powder name is xtopher powder it working fine with my dogs

how old is this dog?
Re: How To Remove Tick by adetboy: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

Exactly what killed my beautiful Jeff! It had ticks,got Amiraz 20 and applied it raw all over him(cos I tot d mixture wasn't working quickly) he licked it and answer d heavenly call! Was so painful but I hv got over it!

As d writer above cautioned,apply d right mix.
Re: How To Remove Tick by wahabdisu: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Info About Dogs For Dog Lovers (in Picture) / What a dog did to the owner. (Graphic Pictures) / Sold!!! Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.