Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,712 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH (8224 Views)

Is Dis Dog A Gsd? / Let Exchange Dog !!! A Lhasa Pup Give Away / End Time!!! The New ‘human-dog’, A Cross Breeding Between Humans & Dogs (see Pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by Prodeegee(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
Do you have pets who has ticks? Its very disgusting seeing ticks on your lovely pets. There are many ways to get rid of these pests from your dog's skin. These incluse:

Manual Removal
Flea Collars
Chemical bathe

and so many other ways you'll prpbably find online.

Besides all this means mentioned above, giving your dog a bath alone can help you get rid of ticks on your dog.

How can i do this?

Difficulty: Easy

Get your dog into your bathtub or a large container deep enough to contain your dog.
Fill it up with water
Add your dog shampoo(preferrably a tick shampoo)
Immerse your dog in the water, of course making sure the head is above water as seen in the picture above.
Leave your dog in the water for 10-15minutes, by doing this youre drowning the ticks in water. while doing this you can check the ears and other parts thats not in the water for manual removal. make sure you drop all ticks in the water.
Take out your pet and clean her up in a towel.

Note: Depending on the Temperature, you may decide to warm up the water. but ensure its not hot. Just warm.

If a bathtub or container is unavailable

Wet the Dogs Fur with water. making sure every part is drenched.
Apply the Shampoo on your dog
Massage your pet's fur well as seen in the picture below

Leave for 10-15 minutes then Rinse off.

http://www.talkpawsng..com/2015/04/natural-ticks-bathe-dogs.html

2 Likes

Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by Prodeegee(m): 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
wink
Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by leksmedia: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
One of the easiest both For prevention and correction is k9 tick and fleas , I took my dog out and before I knew was what happening 3 days later there was tick all over its body that it scratches and no matter how many times i remove them or what I use , they keep increasing until I got K9 ticks and fleas , OMG the result was amazing , it killed them all and ever since then no single flea , it also prevent mosquitoes, and its smells nice , so its 3 in one .

Just apply enough on the dogs body, and make it foam , then allow it to stay for like 15 to 20 minutes and wash off , wait and watch the fleas and ticks die immediately . and for the tick inside the ear its easy just soak a cotton wool Inside a water with the K9 shampoo and use it to clean if ear regularly.
Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by aguizm(m): 1:17am On Nov 18, 2015
leksmedia:
One of the easiest both For prevention and correction is k9 tick and fleas , I took my dog out and before I knew was what happening 3 days later there was tick all over its body that it scratches and no matter how many times i remove them or what I use , they keep increasing until I got K9 ticks and fleas , OMG the result was amazing , it killed them all and ever since then no single flea , it also prevent mosquitoes, and its smells nice , so its 3 in one .

Just apply enough on the dogs body, and make it foam , then allow it to stay for like 15 to 20 minutes and wash off , wait and watch the fleas and ticks die immediately . and for the tick inside the ear its easy just soak a cotton wool Inside a water with the K9 shampoo and use it to clean if ear regularly.

What happens if the dog licks it while waiting for the 20 minutes duration.

Isn't it poisonous to them?

1 Like

Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by sexy74(m): 3:20am On Nov 18, 2015
aguizm:

cover the dogs mouth for the duration and until it is fully dried up after bath.
Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by leksmedia: 7:09am On Nov 18, 2015
The good thing is its not poisonous its a shampoo not a chemical, but that doesn't mean you should allow your dog to lick
aguizm:

Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by Damilare5882(m): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2015
Se Tessy's pet bathing soap is also good .. I have used it and m still using it
Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by Prodeegee(m): 11:37am On Nov 18, 2015
Damilare5882:
Se Tessy's pet bathing soap is also good .. I have used it and m still using it
whatever soap you use, make sure you use the technique stated Above
Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by Patented: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
its advisable to bath your dogs just before or after rain, cos the rain tends to ash away fleas that may have dropped off the dog to the floor or plants around. also treat with chemicals the places your dog frequents
Re: GIVING YOUR DOG A NATURAL TICK BATH by fleaondogs: 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
Yeh fleas are very annoying and hard to get rid of , anyway, you can try the best flea shampoo for dogs to get rid of them completly
https://fleaondogs.com/best-flea-shampoos-for-dogs/

(1) (Reply)

Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. / Purebred Caucasian Puppies Available / My Rottweiler Bitch Jst Whelped ...xmas Puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.