Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

WICKED:Woman Told By Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / WICKED:Woman Told By Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband (758 Views)

Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos / Suicidal Man Sets Himself On Fire In Hotel In Abuja (pics) / Kenyan Man Burns Wife After She Got A Text From Another Man (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WICKED:Woman Told By Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband by Perfectwazobia: 12:21pm On May 17, 2015
Karen Momsen-Evers's plane home to Milwaukee from a girls' weekend in New Orleans was about to take off when she received a text from her husband, Andy: "Karen, please forgive me for what I am about to do, I am going to kill myself." Though she desperately tried to respond, Momsen-Evers was told by flight attendants that she needed to put her phone on airplane mode immediately, TMJ 4 reports.

"I begged her, I said I'm sure somebody can make an emergency phone call, I just wanted somebody to go and try to save him," Momsen-Evers said. "Nobody helped." She spent the next two hours crying in her seat. Even when the plane reached cruising altitude and Momsen-Evers explained the situation to another flight attendant, they would not make an exception for her to make an emergency phone call. When the plane landed in Milwaukee, she was finally able to call the police. By the time she got home, she was met by officers who told her Andy was dead.

Southwest Airlines issued a statement to TMJ 4: "Our hearts go out to the Evers family during this difficult time. Flight attendants are trained to notify the Captain if there is an emergency that poses a hazard to the aircraft or to the passengers on-board. In this situation, the pilots were not notified." Additionally, Southwest told news.com.au

We are unable to share details surrounding the event, but the Southwest family continues to extend our deepest condolences to Mrs. Evers. Our flight attendants are responsible for executing safety procedures to prepare a flight for departure and arrival, in accordance with FAA (US Federal Aviation Administration) regulations, while assisting the up to 100-plus passengers on-board. Southwest Airlines transports more than 100 million customers a year, and it's not uncommon for our crews to assist passengers with life events. Our employees utilise their training to handle each situation to the best of their ability and have a 44-year history of caring for our customers — as if they are a part of the Southwest Family. Again, our hearts go out to Mrs. Evers and her family during this difficult time.

"The pain of knowing something could have been done, it breaks my heart," Momsen-Evers told TMJ 4. She also said that Southwest Airlines has offered her a refund for the flight.

Woman Told by Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband, Comes Home to Find Him Dead http://a.msn.com/0E/en-us/BBjPD4Y?ocid=st

Re: WICKED:Woman Told By Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband by kilokeys(m): 12:30pm On May 17, 2015
haaaaa. gobe shocked
Re: WICKED:Woman Told By Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband by Perfectwazobia: 12:39pm On May 17, 2015
This is total wickedness...Talking of refund for flight can this bring her dead husband to life?
Re: WICKED:Woman Told By Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 17, 2015
It's pretty complicated though, making a phone call could probably jeopardize the safety of the aircraft and other people on board. In as much as she wants to save her husband, the airline want to protect its customers. Its a terrible situation
Re: WICKED:Woman Told By Airline She Couldn't Return Text From Her Suicidal Husband by datguru: 1:08pm On May 17, 2015
Eyah.... Pele

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses To Compensate Woman Over Sex Abuse / Mass Grave Of Shiites Killed In Army Raids Found In Kaduna State, See Photos / Emergency! Emergency!! Emergency!!! Missing Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.