Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line (43762 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by lexy2014: 10:49am On May 18, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Yes you are correct ondo shouldnt have been niger delta if OBJ have not adjusted boundary, stole the oil of Ijaws in Delta state to give to ondo,
when did obj adjust delta boundary 2 favour ondo? Are d ijaws of delta state anywhere near ondo state?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Demdem(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2015
IVORY2009:

You think no one knows ur real identity? grin grin I dey laugh....

Fool, do u think I care? Face topic goon.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Abagworo(m): 10:51am On May 18, 2015
Ijaw please should talk for themselves and if possible start a war with Nigeria. Ikwerre, Ogoni, Itsekiri and other people are equally Niger Deltans and we want peace.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by okokhaerat(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2015
hopeless fool........... what is he saying
babasanti:
I have said this before and I will say it again. Enough is Enough, the INC and IYC have been too soft fo my liking this cows and rams think because we decided to lie low for peace to reign they think we re fools. Whoever that judge is deserves to be used as a scape goat. He should be flogged mercilessly on NTA news. Is high time we hold another meeting and give buhari our Conditions , if he refuses , we reduce oil productin by 80% . Any idiot that quotes and insulsts me, make thunder fire your yanch, ya papa

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by IVORY2009(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2015
Demdem:

Fool, do u think I care?
You will soon enter one chance now grin grin cheesy
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by okokhaerat(m): 10:54am On May 18, 2015
children of hate angry angry. who has time to like or dislike you people? religious mugu angry
4stylz:

Well said; 1, 000likes

We won't allow north to have it smooth never; stupid Muslim people; we don't like you guys as much as you don't like us;
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by okokhaerat(m): 10:54am On May 18, 2015
children of hate angry angry. who has time to like or dislike you people? religious mugu
4stylz:

Well said; 1, 000likes

We won't allow north to have it smooth never; stupid Muslim people; we don't like you guys as much as you don't like us;
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by theV0ice: 10:55am On May 18, 2015
Reference:

He doesn't feel safe building it in the Niger-Delta. Why. Because of agitation. What causes agitation....the likes of what he is doing. The government is trying to break up that viscious cycle, you give reasons for it to continue. This country just doesn't have a future, yet.

No. What should cause sensible agitation is what Asari dokubo did and is still doing: making billions in the name of the Niger delta struggle and using it to go create jobs in a foreign country.

Even if he had sited his investment in Lagos like LADOL, ND youths would have been employed but he obviously doesn't think so much of his kith and kin, why then do you blame a stranger for neglecting your region when you can't caution your own son?

If gej was remotely interested in breaking a vicious cycle, he would have encouraged this project to be relocated to bayelsa since 5 years ago. If he was interested in breaking the vicious cycle, he would have mandated Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf etc to utilise the billions he's giving them to do something similar in the ND, not using executive fiat to push a private investor into debt in a bid to soften the hostile reception he deserves from his people for sleeping for 5 years on the seat of authority. Or you think its beans to relocate such a gigantic project? Who will bear the cost?

But of course he's simply the ND version of the Kaduna mafia we all accuse of selfish born to rule mentality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Dee60: 10:56am On May 18, 2015
Lack of education and awareness is truly a disease!
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 10:58am On May 18, 2015
ilugunboy:
If you try to create more mess for the incoming administration to add to the financial quagmire the outgoing admin is leaving for Nigerians.....be ready for some rough time from the new government.

......and that will mean more rough time for the entire economy, better to think and act wisely
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by theV0ice: 11:01am On May 18, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
how can you turn the truth up side down. .....GEJ was right in his decision. ........

now everyone is wise ........If you think you can intimate the ND ....it's not longer possible again enough is enough. ...

shocked shocked gej was right to sleep on the throne for 5 years then try to form voltron with another man's sweat in 3 weeks?? shocked

No my friend. He isn't right and I'm glad the courts told him so.

No one is intimidating the ND.....let them agitate for such to be replicated in the ND by the ND sons who have made billions from gej patronage
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chiaka(f): 11:02am On May 18, 2015
theV0ice:

No. What should cause sensible agitation is what Asari dokubo did and is still doing: making billions in the name of the Niger delta struggle and using it to go create jobs in a foreign country.

Even if he had sited his investment in Lagos like LADOL, ND youths would have been employed but he obviously doesn't think so much of his kith and kin, why then do you blame a stranger for neglecting your region when you can't caution your own son?

If gej was remotely interested in breaking a vicious cycle, he would have encouraged this project to be relocated to bayelsa since 5 years ago. If he was interested in breaking the vicious cycle, he would have mandated Asari, Tompolo, Boyloaf etc to utilise the billions he's giving them to do something similar in the ND, not using executive fiat to push a private investor into debt in a bid to soften the hostile reception he deserves from his people for sleeping for 5 years on the seat of authority. Or you think its beans to replicate such a gigantic project? Who will bear the cost?

But if course he's simply the ND version of the Kaduna mafia we all accuse of selfish born to rule mentality

What Asari got is so little compared to what other people have taken from the region on in the name of playing 'Nigeria'
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by superstar1(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2015
theV0ice:

shocked shocked gej was right to sleep on the throne for 5 years then try to form voltron with another man's sweat in 3 weeks?? shocked

No my friend. He isn't right and I'm glad the courts told him so.

No one is intimidating the ND.....let them agitate for such to be replicated in the ND by the ND sons who have made billions from gej patronage

I just can't phantom it.

Why can't they just face Dokubo, Tompolo, Boyloaf and other militants and ask them what they are doing with the funds being paid

Is it not a sheer molestation of the people of ND, with the siting of Dokubo's investment in another country, despite all his noise about fighting for ND. Hypocrisy.

They now expect others to invest in their land, when their own sons are not even investing there.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by theV0ice: 11:08am On May 18, 2015
onatisi:
[b][/b]fantastic and excellent question which even me a gej supporter can't answer. this is one point that will always haunt gej . Anytime gej opponents make this point,no matter fanatical u are about supporting gej ,u just have let down ur guard , because this reason cannot be faulted . Everything gej was accused of not doing in 6years ,he almost within 8 weeks completed it . The million dollar sensible question then is “why did he have to wait soo long to do the right thing?”.

God bless you for your candour and honesty. No sensible person will wish the ND not to get all they can from the oil in their backyard but how do you explain a situation where an ND son who claims he didn't have shoes got promoted to the highest office in the land by acts of fate only to get there and get preoccupied solely with working towards getting a 2nd term?

If he had spent the resources, goodwill and energy he expended on his 2nd term bid on developing the ND, the ND would have been Dubai now.

Gej was simply interested in feathering his own nest. Those who regard him a hero should go ask him for the goodies he brought back from his 5 year adventure.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by theV0ice: 11:13am On May 18, 2015
Chiaka:

What Asari got is so little compared to what other people have taken from the region on in the name of playing 'Nigeria'

So Asari etc are free to be prodigal with what they made because its not upto what others made? What kind of logic is this?

I believe you're a Christian sis? Jesus said he who is unfaithful in little will not be faithful in much. Even if you hand Asari and his friends the keys to the Nigerian vault, they won't do better.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by theV0ice: 11:15am On May 18, 2015
lyntiffany:
Your welcome.
The voice, if you had gone through my first post you will see where my argument was based on, to me am not holding mr jade back from deciding on where to site his project.

Don't divert from my main view which is there in my first post, where mr Omare said that from" henceforth any oil company that wish to continue exploring from the Niger delta have to establish in that region" which I see as the bone of contention and also the best for the region .

I won't quarell with what they decide to do henceforth as long as they don't try to go the boko haram way. We all saw what that resulted into for the north east and remember.....nothing burns like crude.....

3 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by StOla: 11:45am On May 18, 2015
superstar1:

ND or SS has only 6states and they are

Rivers
Cross Rivers
Akwa Ibom
Edo
Delta
Bayelsa.

Ondo is and CAN NEVER be SS or ND or Upper Zambezi.

After Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Delta, it is the next highest oil producing state. It's production surpasses the total output of a particular region.

Shikena.

"NigerDelta" is not a political region, rather, it is an economic region composed of adjacent oil producing states surrounding the actual NigerDelta which is a topological/Geographical description.

The Geographical NigerDelta is made up of only Delta, Bayelsa, and Rivers. The Economic NigerDelta is made up of 9 states cutting across SS (all the 6 states, but CrossRiver now stands as a passive member since its claims to oil has been ceded to Akwa-Ibom), SE (Imo and Abia), and SW (Ondo).

The debate here refers to the Economic NigerDelta of 9states, not the Geographical or the Political (better known as SouthSouth).

3 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Nobody: 11:48am On May 18, 2015
onatisi:
why don't u direct ur anger at ur thieving govs ,militants leaders ,oil marketers and politicians ppl like ayiri and co who are mega billionaires on why they haven't used their brains to setup such a company in the niger delta. This project is a private company and such the owner has the right to site the project anywhere he or she pleases. If ur dummbo mumbo super rich billionaires don't have enough common sense to do tangible projects for ur area where u and ur likes will benefit basically because they don't trust the common sense of ppl in those areas not to vandalize and sabotage their investment , please don't disturb other ppl with ur region billionaires stupidity
and we have risen up to fight for the real thing..those niger delta billionaires can go and die...now is the time to get what is ours...
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by superstar1(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2015
StOla:

"NigerDelta" is not a political region, rather, it is an economic region composed of adjacent oil producing states surrounding the actual NigerDelta which is a topological/Geographical .

The Geographical NigerDelta is made up of only Delta, Bayelsa, and Rivers. The Economic NigerDelta is made up of 9 states cutting across SS (all the 6 states, but CrossRiver now stands as a passive member since its claims to oil has been ceded to Akwa-Ibom), SE (Imo and Abia), and SW (Ondo).

The debate here refers to the Economic NigerDelta of 9states, not the Geographical or the Political (better known as SouthSouth).

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by fkaz(m): 11:52am On May 18, 2015
theV0ice:

@the bold, don't you think it's also Mr Jadesinmi's prerogative to site his investment in an environment where he feels it's safe and better for his operations? remember he's a private citizen and the FG didn't give him a dime to establish it.

before LADOL was set up, Oil companies used to send these projects outside Nigeria. Is Lagos not closer to you in the ND than taking the project to say a place like Aberdeen or Florence? What i expected GEJ to do is encourage the young ND guys he's empowered financially to set up something similar in bayelsa then get the oil majors to give them some of the contracts that emanate from the industry from time to time. I'll be very surprised if no ND youth works at LADOL which is 1000 times better than the Asari example i used.

Not asking a man to move his life's work at a whim just to tell your people you remember them when he was on sleeping and dulling mood for the 5 years of his presidency.

Asari like a lot of other Nigerians have businesses abroad like you said which is why we shouldn't frustrate a Nigerian who sites his investment in Nigeria even if it's not in the ND

Thanks for your civility by the way wink

Well said
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Lushore1: 12:03pm On May 18, 2015
agrovick:

I do not know how the situation of things is over there but did it ever occur to you that the reason why the owners of the oil beg for employment is simply because they do not have the qualifications to hold high positions in those companies?

Are you for real?, so a private company should be force to setup their company in niger delta at all cost...

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Kennywills7(m): 12:05pm On May 18, 2015
Abagworo:
Ijaw please should talk for themselves and if possible start a war with Nigeria. Ikwerre, Ogoni, Itsekiri and other people are equally Niger Deltans and we want peace.
Am not an ijaw however wot is happening now is affecting everyone one in d niger delta not just d Ijaws, if we do not stand for wot is right then we are putting our generations yet unborn in problem. Our lands are bn destroy as a result of d oil exploration, we should b able to enjoy d benefits of d oil through jobs creation and other means, some of d things we are suppose to benefit from are not even located in d niger delta so it makes it difficult to benefit from them, yes our leaders are not performing but we shouldn't use dat as a weapon of ignorance by relegating ourselves behind every region in nigeria, Believe it or not our resources is d only thing keeping this country together. Am a deltan Urhobo/Isoko
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by skyfall: 12:09pm On May 18, 2015
The noisemakers have started again.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by agrovick(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2015
Lushore1:

Are you for real?, so a private company should be force to setup their company in niger delta at all cost...
Peruse my post, I didn't say so. All I said was that the possible reason why Niger deltans are not getting the job is because they are not qualified. It was a response to somebody who had the mindset that the locals should be given the jobs irrespective of their qualifications

1 Like

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by PenSniper: 12:09pm On May 18, 2015
NDPVF:
The awareness is on the rise.
Niger Deltans,its time we stop the real oil & gas parasites and not the imaginary one.those who are quick to lay claims to the ownership of Lagos,should be ready to develop it with their efforts.Buhari is in for a deep poor.meetings and meetings and meetings are ongoing.after may 29th,peaople should brace up.

Empty barrels.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 12:14pm On May 18, 2015
Reference:

You just don't get it. They are not looking for oil. They are not looking for investment. They are not looking for business. They are the business. It is Nigeria that badly needs the oil, the money, the investment. You see, this is the tragedy called Nigeria that the supposedly brilliant people west and north fail time and again to realise. Ownership begets responsibility and sacrifice. Shareholders are more likely to do the necessary things to make an enterprise grow than employees. In the Nigerian political power industry the South appears subservient. What makes you think they care about the family silver. Their brief and rocky adventure into political power through GEJ has shown them there lies no benefit in central government.

With all that has happened since independence and particularly over the last 5 years I don't think Nigeria should expect anything from the south. The state should just continue running roughshod over its constituents and brace for the worst. Something has to give.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 12:16pm On May 18, 2015
onatisi:
why don't u direct ur anger at ur thieving govs ,militants leaders ,oil marketers and politicians ppl like ayiri and co who are mega billionaires on why they haven't used their brains to setup such a company in the niger delta. This project is a private company and such the owner has the right to site the project anywhere he or she pleases. If ur dummbo mumbo super rich billionaires don't have enough common sense to do tangible projects for ur area where u and ur likes will benefit basically because they don't trust the common sense of ppl in those areas not to vandalize and sabotage their investment , please don't disturb other ppl with ur region billionaires stupidity

After we finish with the Nigerian state we will direct our anger in that direction.
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by ChildofChukwu(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
IyC will be very stupid if they don't make the country ungovernable for the north.

The first person to insult me is a bastard

grin grin Your avatar though...
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by StOla: 12:23pm On May 18, 2015
Having read all pages, I believe it is the person who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches.

It is easy to overlook the valid struggles of the NigerDelta, especially since the militants managed to exhaust the goodwill they initially enjoyed, seeing that they all later turned out to be fighting for their bellies and using their spoils of war to establish fiefdoms within the NigerDelta.

However, It only makes sense that investment be forcefully attracted (from its origin) to the region. I see no reason why cargoes that are related to oil and gas shouldn't be shipped straight to the NigerDelta. I know for a fact that the Onne port is already handling such cargoes. The people of the NigerDelta should also tone down the militancy, so as to create an enabling environment for investments to thrive. As it is now, even a NigerDelta man does not feel safe working in the NigerDelta. Militancy is not the way to achieve development, political diplomacy would see more achieved and would conquer any planned opposition. Militancy will never achieve this.

I hope the incoming government will show more responsibility towards the ND and derivation should be increased to as much as 20%. It is expected that a Buhari regime would exhibit zero tolerance for corruption, thereby forcing the state and local governments to execute their budgets with accountability.

Concerning the LADOL project, I believe the investor is at no ones mercy. As such if frustrated, I will advise they even move their project to Angola and continue the business of making profit. Let the IYC conjure with aggression another investor to do its bidding.

The never ending debate over the location of a refinery in Kaduna is one I argued against in my younger years. However, I have come to realise the refinery was duly sited considering the end user in the North and the possibility of exporting refined products to neighbouring West African states that are land-locked. It wouldn't make any economic or HSE sense having multiple pipelines dedicated to individual crude oil derivatives traversing the South to the North.
The NigerDelta has 3 refineries to cater for the South and possible exportation by sea to any global customer.

At the end of the day, it is the end user who pays for any of the crude-oil derivatives that truly holds the ace. Next is the refinery investor, who can chose to buy crude-oil from wherever he pleases. Dangote siting his Refinery in Lagos and close to sea definitely has his eyes on the larger world market. It is the NigerDelta/Nigeria that should be begging him to buy Nigerian crude-oil, just as we should be looking for another customer to take Americas slot as our preferred crude-oil buyer.

Dangote cannot be threatened where raw material abound all over Africa, begging for a buyer.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Demdem(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2015
atlwireles:

After we finish with the Nigerian state we will direct our anger in that direction.

Misplacement of priority. As it is with the present structure, The Nigerian state will Crush u. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by atlwireles: 12:25pm On May 18, 2015
Timing is everything, you were asked to plant cocoa and groundnut, some of you thought it was joke angry angry angry. Head or tail, Nigeria will be on the losing side. When most of you are done ranting on NL, please go and join the army or Navy, you people will need all the bodies you can find. grin grin grin
Re: Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line by Chigold101(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2015
nonaira:
I have to agree with them. How can you build a company in lagos yet everything that company would be fabricating is coming from ND.

The injustice in thatc country is becoming ridiculous
well Adaka Boro saw thought this would happen. He decided to fight by proclaiming a new republic but about 12 days after. The born to rule over came him and he became their mule.

Ojukwu saw this coming, for about 3years blood was flowing all over Biafran land (including lower niger). The zoo keepers with norn to rule mentality blackmailed Adaka Boro into working against Ojukwu. After 3years Biafra lost the battle for freedom.

Today over 40years after the end of the battle which “we“ believe that Biafra lost. Here we are still talking about the same thing.

The yorubas said they are the friends of the Niger Deltans we all are seeing the strenght of their friendship with the Niger Deltans.

Well am watching to see how this new war will end.

God Bless BIAFRA, GOD BLESS LOWER NIGER REPUBLIC...

Ojukwu may GOD rest your soul.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer / VAT Collection: Appeal Court Orders Rivers, Lagos To Maintain Status Quo / Thumb Printed Ballot Papers Allegedly Intercepted In Niger State (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.