Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,717 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP (13816 Views)

Amaechi’s Letter To Saraki Lacks Merit, Says PDP / We Are Open To Merger – PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by akpamfet: 7:18am On May 18, 2015
temitopeajayi:
Hello here.
I need just five people to tutor and mentor on how they can turn a one time investment of N4,000 to a lifetime earning point working online/offline with a company.

Pls just serious minded people should call/inbox me on whatsapp +2347062254195, it's not mandatory.

Hmmm...fishy
I have my reasons...
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:18am On May 18, 2015
ANY thing P. I don't want to hear.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by PastorOla1: 7:18am On May 18, 2015
OLISA METUH TALK IS CHEAP, PDP IS A DEAD & BURIED POLITICAL PARTY AFTER MAY 29TH.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:20am On May 18, 2015
ijustdey:
Not only that, they have to accept the real reason we dumped them - GROSS CORRUPTION

Majority of us who canvassed and voted for the APC, did it out of disappointment due to the untold hardship that PDP's corruption had brought upon hardworking Nigerian families.

But right now they are not accepting it, so it will make it difficult still, for any sane Nigerian to listen to them even after changing their name because its still the same old wine in a new bottle
. I really hate it when people really think it was their vote against the PDP that made them lose? Pls stop deluding yourself with such myopic Views!
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:20am On May 18, 2015
I hate this power grabber of a party. Pdp is obsess with power. Shame on this moronic party. Pdp is dead & burried.

1 Like

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by spenca: 7:21am On May 18, 2015
ACN,CPC,ANPP taught you politics, many won't want to bare PDP pls do something about the umbrella
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Acekidc4(m): 7:22am On May 18, 2015
alberto2k:
Who wan merge with una grin grin

those parties that scored 217, 190, 180 like they came to sit for JAMB? undecided

Hahahahahahagringringringringrin
You get Bad Mouth No be Smallgringrin
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by goshen26: 7:23am On May 18, 2015
Title: Agony of a wounded lion.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by alberto2k(m): 7:25am On May 18, 2015
Acekidc4:

Hahahahahahagringringringringrin
You get Bad Mouth No be Smallgringrin
Oga for your side i still be learner grin grin
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:25am On May 18, 2015
zendy:

I'm not a PDP fan either but it is ironic that when PDP was producing Yoruba and Hausa presidents in the form of Obasunjo and Yaradua, nobody remembered gross corruption that was prevalent then. Nobody remembered Sai Buhari! But as a non Yoruba/Hausa man got in, everybody remembered the hangmans noose and turned GEJ into the their beautifuly made up scapegoat. I'm not say GEJ was the best president but he was not the worse either. He got shafted more than others because he is from a minority. I challenge any Yoruba man to refute the fact that if GEJ had been a Yoruba man,APC would never have been formed. We were all living witness to how Yorubas supported OBJ for a second term despite the gross corruption. Let's be honest, if you are from a minority in Nigeria, you're gonna get shafted big time.

I recall the OBJ period...and how the Press routinely got angry with Obasanjo about how he was not dealing corruption...like the N300bn ''spent'' on roads, the Minister of Health who was fired for ''creative accounting'' and the host of governors who were busy laundering money....and expecting to get away with it.And how about Tafa Balogun? Even Atiku and OBJ too had accusations thrown against them as well.... OBJ's presidential library...and the furore over them donations....and Atiku and Congressman Jefferson...

People complained back then. Don't pretend they did not.And sadly GEJ did nowt to improve the whole situation.

Ad stop excusing GEJ. He was elected to be president of Nigeria. Nigeria is his responsibility. And that includes Nigeria's problems. Unless you want to pretend it was the North that was President from 2010...

Seriously some of you people....where have you been? In London?

3 Likes

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Dannyswit(m): 7:28am On May 18, 2015
Nairalanders let's desist 4RM hateful comments!. Politics that is played wit rancour is not good politics and is not good for a nations polity either. Now APC is the favourite party cos they AV wat it takes per say, dnt forget that as at 16yrs ago same status quo applied to PDP. Let's hope and pray that APC live up to expectations, else we wld also be the one looking for change(maybe dis time SUPER CHANGE)
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:30am On May 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

grin

Really?

You obviously do not live in this country.

No hardship? We are broke right now because somehow PDP forgot to take us off oil...and still left us vulnerable to drops in international oil price.Like what is happening right now.

No hardship? People are sleeping on queues because your friends in PDP forgot to repair our refineries....

No hardship? With badly funded universities? (And if you think that N200bn per annum is enough...you got to be kidding me).

No hardship? With Boko haram and kidnapping?

No hardship? With poorly functioning hospitals?

And before you start....I am watching APC too. If they mess up....

Lemme leave u with ur flimsy points on the hardship examples.

Ur watching APC too, if they mess up too, u vote PDP again Abi u go vote SDP or APGA for presidency?

I always say this, things are bad in naija, but not as bad as what people like u try to make it look like. Have any country sent us food

PDP or APC is not the ultimate Nigeria problem...The people of Nigeria are also massively corrupt beyond measure.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:33am On May 18, 2015
chuna1985:

Lemme leave u with ur flimsy points on the hardship examples.

Ur watching APC too, if they mess up too, u vote PDP again Abi u go vote SDP or APGA for presidency?

I always say this, things are bad in naija, but not as bad as what people like u try to make it look like. Have any country sent us food

PDP or APC is not the ultimate Nigeria problem...The people of Nigeria are also massively corrupt beyond measure.

Of course I know Nigerians are corrupt (I say so myself every time).

And yes...if APC do not perform....out they go. And so on for the next party every election....until those politicians learn to take us serious.

If you like exploitation, continue o. Me....I am not going to be deceived again....for tribe or religion. I am a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by ijustdey: 7:36am On May 18, 2015
ramalot:

Can you please expatiate on the difference between this and the fundamental make-up of the APC?

Aren't almost all APC members former PDP members who decamped? Not as a matter of "principle," but a matter of having better political chances.

Practically every prominent APC member has been in power at varying capacities. Practically every one of them has made promises in the past, and delivered nothing short of looted treasuries of their jurisdictions. Now, they return with a new mask - talking about change.

Nigerians need to wake up to the fact that party alliance is just a smoke screen to hide behind. Hold these thieves individually accountable.

APC starting having PDP members after the G7 members tried to defect..... so, the core formation of APC are mostly from ACN and CPC..... and they have their ideas, Motto, objectives, driving force and personality which the PDP defectors can't just eroded like that...... PDP allow corruption to thrives

1 Like

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by ijustdey: 7:37am On May 18, 2015
chuna1985:

there is no untold hardship in Nigeria..

maybe you don't live in the country I live where more than 70% leave below poverty level

the live below 1dollar per day meal

1 Like

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by ijustdey: 7:38am On May 18, 2015
Bennymontana:
. I really hate it when people really think it was their vote against the PDP that made them lose? Pls stop deluding yourself with such myopic Views!

so what made PDP lose then

2 Likes

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:42am On May 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Of course I know Nigerians are corrupt (I say so myself every time).

And yes...if APC do not perform....out they go. And so on for the next party every election....until those politicians learn to take us serious.

If you like exploitation, continue o. Me....I am not going to be deceived again....for tribe or religion. I am a Nigerian.

Trying to vote out all political parties every 4 years will make dem politicians prepare their minds n loot Nigeria dry in the first 3 years. This will only make matters worse.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:44am On May 18, 2015
ijustdey:

maybe you don't live in the country I live where more than 70% leave below poverty level

the live below 1dollar per day meal

I know u don't understand lots of things.

1 dollar is 200 naira , are u telling me that u will eat 180 naira today? That u will equally transport, pay for rent, pay for schooling n medical bills with 180 naira per day...
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by ocelot2006(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2015
PassingShot:
PDP is not yet serious to be a formidable opposition party.

Without a name change and readiness to merge and treat other merging parties as equal partners, no hope for PDP.

The unnecessary pride and arrogance that led to its demise is still in their DNA and not until they get rid of it, the party cannot bounce back.

“having been the guardian of Nigerian democracy for 16 years during which it nurtured and blossomed democratic governance as well as etched its name in the pantheon of good governance, the PDP will not in the circumstance of ephemeral loss of power change its identity or its time-honoured characteristic values.”

Claiming credit for nurturing and blossoming democracy in Nigeria when the fact is that all parties, civil societies and even common Nigerians without any political affiliation indeed should take credit for the democracy we enjoy today; is myopic and too self-serving in my opinion. The last time I checked, no leader of PDP was a member of any civil society when Abacha was fought by NADECO and others.

Wow....so a party becomes serious about playing its role as opposition when it merges with other parties and changes its name? Really? Tell that to the American republicans and democrats OR British Labour or Torries.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by onatisi(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:
A merger might be good for the Opposition. After all, that is how the APC itself formed , and I guess that is the next aim of the PDP....mergers and alliances.
I don't think any sensible party will merge with pdp at this stage. Infact I think pdp will break into smaller pieces. Ppl like mimiko and fayose may eventually leave pdp and go to another party. The bitter truth is pdp will get weaker and weaker before getting stronger . What will be the advantage for smaller parties to merge with a bigger party that enjoys low popularity rating?? The performance of pdp govs in the next 4years a total overhaul of the whole party leadership may bring the party back to power in the next 8 or 12years .

2 Likes

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 8:02am On May 18, 2015
Bifwoli:

PDP is purely initials and not an acronym.Go back to school.

Re.tard. Look up the word acronym.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by focus7: 8:05am On May 18, 2015
As PDP turned a pathetic begging party, so shall my enemies turn beggars in Jesus name.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Nobody: 8:09am On May 18, 2015
How about a merger with kowa party
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by PassingShot(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Wow....so a party becomes serious about playing its role as opposition when it merges with other parties and changes its name? Really? Tell that to the American republicans and democrats OR British Labour or Torries.

Even according to a PDP leader in a repprt here yesterday, the name PDP now represents poison to so many people and as such will not want to identify with it.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Allosaurus: 8:20am On May 18, 2015
PDP is unshakeable. I can't recall the number of times APC have changed their name.... more than 89 times
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Benzzle: 8:45am On May 18, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]These people have not seen anything... If only they knew that it was rigging that kept them being charge... PDP will be buried at the rate these guys are arrogantly going. They should tell themselves the truth and stop trying to crave sympathy.[/quote]. I love this your comment so real/truthful cc @barnista
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Benzzle: 8:48am On May 18, 2015
Bia nwoke biafria just console yourself and your useless party
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by FOREXMARTS: 9:42am On May 18, 2015
ijustdey:

http://www.punchng.com/news/were-open-to-merger-says-pdp/

"taking Nigeria to its present height"? Errm sorry am i missing something cos it sounds more like taking corruption to its present height. Just saying, not like my party is a party of saints either.
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by omohanet(m): 9:46am On May 18, 2015
Hmmmm! Same wine in a new bottle if pdp decide to merge with others opposition parties, 98% of APC members now are former members of pdp, people like Amiechi, kwankaso,Atiku and many more were in pdp. They were in pdp close to 15yrs from the 16yrs the party has b in power, I want to know if it's party that is corrupt or the characters (people) in the party?
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by ijustdey: 10:11am On May 18, 2015
chuna1985:

I know u don't understand lots of things.

1 dollar is 200 naira , are u telling me that u will eat 180 naira today? That u will equally transport, pay for rent, pay for schooling n medical bills with 180 naira per day...

nigeriapoliticsonline.com/poverty-has-increased-considerably-in-nigeria-world-bank-as-bureau-of-statistics-confirms-112-million-nigerians-living-below-poverty-line/

112 millions Nigerians living below poverty line..........

check their and confirm what I just said
Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by Longman313(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2015
thefakestan:
It's a bit too early for all this too early bros

-CramJones

Re: We’re Open To Merger, Says PDP by sigain: 12:06pm On May 18, 2015
The name PDP cannot win the presidency again except they change their name but retain the umbrella. with out that, nothing for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Seeks More Powers For ECOWAS (photos) / Photos: Ambode And Sir Shina Peters At Opening Of 2016 One Lagos Fiesta / Tribunal Judgment Is Victory For Nigerians, Says President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.