Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) (2230 Views)

Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience / Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail / SEE how Yahoo Boys are Using BVN to Scam Nigerians (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by emekaxy: 10:29am On May 18, 2015
I TOOK MY TIME TODAY TO RETRIEVE STAGE BY STAGE PROCESS OF HOW BANK INTERNET BANKING SCAMMERS OPERATE.

FIRST THEY CREATE A SITE SIMILAR TO THAT OF THE ORIGINAL BANK, Eg. www.accesbankplc.com instead of http://www.accessbankpls.com.
NOTE THAT THIS TWO WEB PAGES LOOK ALIKE BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE THERE IS THE URL.

SECONDLY THEY LINK THEIR WEBSITE TO A DATA BASE THAT CREATE A FOLDER AND STORE ALL THE DATA YOU FILLED DURING YOUR UPDATE PERIOD OR ANY INFORMATION YOU KEY IN INTO THEIR FAKE WEBSITE.

THIRDLY, THEY SEARCH FOR EMAIL ADDRESS OF PEOPLE AND SEND IT OUT, THEY SEND IT TO EVERYONE SO IF YOU DO INTERNET BANKING IN THE BANK THEY SENT TO YOU YOU WILL BECOME JITTERY AND SUBMIT EVERY INFO THEY WANT FROM YOU.

PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THE SCAMMERS TO EMPTY YOUR ACCOUNT ALL THEY NEED IS YOUR USERNAME, PASSWORD,TOKEN CODE AND YOUR SECURITY QUESTION AS APPLIED IN SOME BANK. BANKS THAT REQUEST FOR SECURITY QUESTIONS BRFORE YOUR LOG IN THEY WILL REQUEST FOR IT EG FIDELITY AND ZENITH BANK ETC

WATCH PICTURES AFTER THE CUT....................

PIX 1. THE MAIL THEY SENT ME

PIX 2. SHOWING THE FAKE WEBSITE

PIX 4. SHOWING MY FAKE USERNAME (NAIRALAND)

PIX 5. MY USERNAME (NAIRALAND) WAS ACCEPTED AND THEY MOVED ME TO THE NEXT STAGE

Lalasticlala
mynd44
seun people are looksing money everyday....take this to front page ooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by emekaxy: 10:35am On May 18, 2015
PIC 5: AFTER ENTERING NAIRALAN AS MY USERNAME, THEY ACCEPTED IT AND MOVE ME TO THE STAGE, WHICH IS PASSWORD AND TOKEN CODE

PIC 6. THEY REQUESTED FOR MOBILE NUMBER AND TOKEN CODE (I FORGED A PASSWORD AND TOKEN CODE)

PIC 7. THEY ACCEPTED IT AND MOVE ME TO THE NEXT STAGE. I ALSO FORGED ANOTHER MOBILE NUMBER AND A TOKEN CODE

PIC 8. FINAL STAGE THEY ALSO REQUESTED FOR MORE DETAILS INCLUDING TOKEN CODE

NOTE: TOKEN CODE KEPT ON REAPPEARING BECAUSE THATS THE MAJOR THING THAT WILL AUTHENTICATE THE TRANSACTION

Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by dhardline(m): 10:47am On May 18, 2015
Why dont they just use their God given talent and sell something on this beautifully created site like shoes or cloths so as to make money legally but instead they decide to steal from people?When they get caught now they'll say it is lack of employment. TFT. (thunder fire them) undecided
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by emekaxy: 11:30am On May 18, 2015
I will upload more pix later
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by emekaxy: 10:32am On May 19, 2015
PIC 9. THEY REDIRECTED ME TO ORIGINAL ACCESS

PIC 10. ORIGINAL ACCESS BANK INTERNET BANKING PAGE

PIC 11. FAKE INTERNET BANKING PAGE VS ORIGINAL COMPARE AND CONTRAST WITH EMPHASIS ON THE URL

PIC 11. I ENTERED NAIRALAND AS MY USERNAME, SEE WHAT I GOT WHEN COMPARED TO THE FAKE SITE THAT COLLECTED MY DATA AND MOVED ME TO THE NEXT STAGE.

Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by emekaxy: 10:33am On May 19, 2015
FINAL PIX

PIC 12. WHEN I ENTERED THE ASSUMED USERNAME NAIRALAN, SEE WHAT THE ORIGINAL WEBSITE SHOWED ME.

Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by shammah1(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2015
See scam o! shocked

Front Page Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by shammah1(m): 11:18am On May 19, 2015
Thanks for the important info
emekaxy:
FINAL PIX

PIC 12. WHEN I ENTERED THE ASSUMED USERNAME NAIRALAN, SEE WHAT THE ORIGINAL WEBSITE SHOWED ME.
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by lalasticlala(m): 11:31am On May 19, 2015
shammah1:
See scam o! shocked

Front Page Cc: Lalasticlala

Ya nice post but the OP shouldn't have used capital letters although.
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by yetunde01(f): 11:37am On May 19, 2015
This is serious shocked
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by shammah1(m): 11:50am On May 19, 2015
Awww true
lalasticlala:

Ya nice post but the OP shouldn't have used capital letters although.
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by emekaxy: 5:00pm On May 19, 2015
yetunde01:
This is serious shocked

I came across a post on NR sometime last year when someone hacked into the scammers database and found the record of people who has already uploaded their details, he deleted the details and blocked the site.

Banks just have to follow the new concept scammers and think of how best to tackle it, sometimes they use BVN.
Re: BVN & Internet banking scam how they operate (PHOTO) by Rowlandjude(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2015
E

(1) (Reply)

Don Wanny's Younger Brother Obataosu Dead / Woman Caught Shaving Her Private Part In Public (video) / Osakwe Ikechukwu Reginald, A Very Notorious Forex Criminal Is Wanted By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.