Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,112 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner (42766 Views)

Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo) / The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by aimuan(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2015
shadrach77:
Naija sha! I believe the continous reward this lady is receiving is an overkill. Why reward someone for doing what she was supposed to do in the first instance? Was she meant to keep the money ? How are we sure she didn't turn in the money because there was a CCTV around and she had no other option? Is this what the lawmakers were elected to do? Oshi o daa nilee pako !!! kiss undecided lipsrsealed
sometimes not saying anything is the best thing to do.this ur comment is the worst comment I ve read in nairaland.would u have preferred they honour criminal s? I fail to get the message ur trying to send here.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by ednut1(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2015
she no sharp, na only thief fit forget dat kind money, all dis money launderers fronting for politicians angry
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by AreaFada2: 6:57pm On May 18, 2015
laurel03:
Miss Josephine ugwu ke.... Nobody pay ur dowry since? Make govt gv her job..
Not all Nigerians are bad sha we still get gooooood people in Nigeria...
I am proud to be a Nigerian

Na those gold-diggers dey quick find men na. grin
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by LEXYCOM: 6:58pm On May 18, 2015
The best gift they would have given her is to get an husband for her............what the hell is she still doing with the title MISS?
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Jpjp: 7:05pm On May 18, 2015
Rexphobia:
I was scanning to see the part where they gave her cash reward. Couldn't find it angry

[s]Also contributing, Rotimi Olowo, another lawmaker, added that the state government should honour her by naming any state institution or monument after her to drive home the need for honesty and integrity among the youths in the country.[/s]

Lol, I can't believe am not d only one checking n rechecking for cash n other rewards.
I have a suggestion.....LASU should be named Josephine Ugwu State University (JUSU). grin

if not .....

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Lucasbalo(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2015
It's nice for the House of Assembly to honor her and I hope the so called Honourable will stop stealing from the people. They should follow this woman example.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by OOLUSOGA(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2015
am proud of you woman for honesty you shown may God bless you. i want to apprciate the lagos state govt for not covering this behaviour of Ugwu. please give her a permanent job. so she will not continue to labour for someone else again. am proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Neplusultra(f): 7:16pm On May 18, 2015
Pls dey shudnt promote her to where dey'll frustrate her, not everyone is happy for all d attention she's getting. My dear mother, only God is d rewarder of good deeds, May he bless you in his own way which is always bigger and better dan ours kiss
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by danot1030: 7:19pm On May 18, 2015
What me I want to say is that the igbos we not see this act of Lagos State government commending an Igbo lady for a good act she did to a fellow Igbo man who failed to appreciate nor compensate her, but when the State government repatriate some Igbos for misconduct in the State they will begin to make noise of the State government persecuting the Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Eluwilussit(m): 7:22pm On May 18, 2015
Lagos people(Yorubas) are a great people. This act alone, transcends tribe and religion. It is a mature and nationalistic gesture. I hope we all can emulate miss Josephine and LSHA.

God bless Nigeria. God bless Lagos State. God bless miss Josephine.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by tizblink: 7:23pm On May 18, 2015
Finally! Honesty does pay
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Eluwilussit(m): 7:31pm On May 18, 2015
danot1030:
What me I want to say is that the igbos we not see this act of Lagos State government commending an Igbo lady for a good act she did to a fellow Igbo man who fail to appreciate nor compensate her, but when the State government repatriate some Igbos for misconduct in the State they will begin to make noise of her the State government is persecuting the Igbos.

Hahaha! I just read your post. I was thinking about the good gesture from LSHA. Anyway, u didn't have to bring in "repatriation". No Nigerian should ever be repatriated from any part of the country.

Lagos is like any other great city in the world. A multicultural city. It should rise above tribe and religion, for its own good. I want to believe that you will like to be free to aspire to any position in a place like NYC, Toronto, Paris or London. Wouldn't you?

Edit your post. Remove that part. You are a smart and honest dude. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Onyeudo1: 7:31pm On May 18, 2015
God fearing lady,Nigerians are proud of
You. After Nigerians celebrating you. God
With his infinite mercy will reword you.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Neplusultra(f): 7:32pm On May 18, 2015
danot1030:
What me I want to say is that the igbos we not see this act of Lagos State government commending an Igbo lady for a good act she did to a fellow Igbo man who fail to appreciate nor compensate her, but when the State government repatriate some Igbos for misconduct in the State they will begin to make noise of her the State government is persecuting the Igbos.
Na so! Lets Wait till she's promoted and accepted into d position without trying to frustrate her and threaten her with lagoon cos she's not a native, only den can we tell undecided
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by WinkWrld: 7:40pm On May 18, 2015
She needs to be promoted to head one ministry. Sai Buhari. Change is what we need.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by bornmekus: 7:43pm On May 18, 2015
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by bookson(m): 7:47pm On May 18, 2015
shadrach77:
Naija sha! I believe the continous reward this lady is receiving is an overkill. Why reward someone for doing what she was supposed to do in the first instance? Was she meant to keep the money ? How are we sure she didn't turn in the money because there was a CCTV around and she had no other option? Is this what the lawmakers were elected to do? Oshi o daa nilee pako !!! kiss undecided lipsrsealed
stop spewing seeds of JEALOUSY and start loving people especially in this case. My simple question is: WILL YOU RETURN THE MONEY IF YOU WERE IN HER SHOES?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by sule5727: 7:51pm On May 18, 2015
Rexphobia:
I was scanning to see the part where they gave her cash reward. Couldn't find it angry

[s]Also contributing, Rotimi Olowo, another lawmaker, added that the state government should honour her by naming any state institution or monument after her to drive home the need for honesty and integrity among the youths in the country.[/s]

I have a suggestion.....LASU should be named Josephine Ugwu State University (JUSU). grin

if not .....

Good one!!!
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Skmoda360(m): 8:01pm On May 18, 2015
emmasege:
She deserves more than "an undisclosed cash gift". She will spend the money and still return to her casual cleaning job at the airport. A 3-bedroom flat in one of Government-owned estates with a good job in the lagos state civil service would have been a better "honour".
you make sense

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 18, 2015
Rexphobia:

if not .....

its not about the money.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 18, 2015
Make her a state governor..
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by tiger28: 8:14pm On May 18, 2015
I still believe the government should retract the contract of her company that pays 12k a month for almost working 7 days a week. I don't understand why no one is talking about that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Kingbilo(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2015
shadrach77:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. Nuff said...
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by jikjimmy2: 8:22pm On May 18, 2015
Happy for her.The House has grown over and above ethnic sentiment by giving honour to whom it is due. I pray that Oba Akiolu will not upturn this kind gesture simply because of where she comes from.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by phransix147(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2015
If dem like call Pasuma and Obesere to perform. If na me I no go return am... Only thing wey fit make me return dat kind money na if the person wey get am go dash me am if I return am. Response like dis: you can keep it
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by ikorodureporta: 8:26pm On May 18, 2015
Dis wman don b supastar-o! ...Gd2bGd!
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by jikjimmy2: 8:28pm On May 18, 2015
danot1030:
What me I want to say is that the igbos we not see this act of Lagos State government commending an Igbo lady for a good act she did to a fellow Igbo man who failed to appreciate nor compensate her, but when the State government repatriate some Igbos for misconduct in the State they will begin to make noise of the State government persecuting the Igbos.
This poster, i know is related to Oba Akiolu.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Kingbilo(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2015
danot1030:

Wtf you talking about.. Must everything be tribalistic? Guy. Lagos is yoruba land but the people of lagos are from everywhere..as such the government is also for everyone.. Abi there are no igbos working in lagos state govt? Smh
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 18, 2015
LaurelP:
We need more of this gesture in this country.
Not to celebrate corrupt politicians with 5 million naira as lunch allowance alone!

E go beta!
YOU CAN BE ONE, THEY CAN'T COME FROM A DIFFERENT PLANET.
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by 49cents(m): 8:47pm On May 18, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/18/finally-lagos-assembly-honours-airport-cleaner/

I thlught buhari was the only saint in nigeria

Thieves are honouring an upright woman....only in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by Skoopy(m): 8:52pm On May 18, 2015
These are the real people who deserve national honors, not abacha

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner by bakynes(m): 9:04pm On May 18, 2015
Kingbilo:

Wtf you talking about.. Must everything be tribalistic? Guy. Lagos is yoruba land but the people of lagos are from everywhere..as such the government is also for everyone.. Abi there are no igbos working in lagos state govt? Smh
He is right joor, we Yorubas are good people that respect every other tribe in Nigeria. Am sure if it were a Yoruba man or woman in the SE that did this they won't even look @ her twice and show appreciation because of bigotry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Peniel, A Female Barber In Abuja / I Graduated With 2.2,can I Have My Masters In Canada? / Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.