Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Derailing Car Adverts Threads - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Derailing Car Adverts Threads (1310 Views)

Operation Expose All Fraudulent Car Adverts In Autos Section / Beware Of Car Adverts With Tampered Vin Numbers / Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Jesarmy(f): 1:58am On Feb 11, 2009
Dear Nairalanders,
May I seize this opportunity to appeal to everyone in the house especially those who are in the habit of derailing car adverts intentionally cum unintentionally,truth is the advert is derailed all the same.
My proposition would be that when an advert is posted and the seller have included the vin# of the car,if on checking the vin report of the vehicle we notice a discrepancy on the vin report and the seller's advert,I think the first point of call should be to email the seller on the discrepancy and give him or her a chance to rectify it before bringing it to the open forum.
I believe it is a good thing to protect the buyer but at the same time we should not do it in a way to pull down the seller's business.Please let us be our brother's keeper and go about correcting each other in an atmosphere of love and mutual respect.
Thank you and God Bless,
Jesarmy smiley smiley
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 11, 2009
I agree with you that threads are being derailed unnecessarily and in a way that disrupts the sellers' plans.  I will take it upon myself to caution people politely if they seem to be derailing a thread. I will also remind sellers, who do not post VIN numbers or who do post incomplete VIN numbers of Seun's recommendations.

All the major dealers including you already post VINs because they have nothing to hide. There is no reason to derail a dealer's thread when he/she posts VIN numbers but the number reveals contrary information than what the dealer posted. Why would a dealer who wants to be deceptive, post the VIN?

Let's play fairly and everyone will benefit. Lets keep in clean and honest Else, Sister Monitor will caution you or report you! kiss If the men will not keep this place peaceful without fights, I guess we ladies will have to do it.

As I take on this voluntary role, I pledge to be fair and respectful to all.
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by nuesaweso(f): 2:31am On Feb 11, 2009
Hi new here!
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by ziontrain: 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2009
@Jesarmy,

God Bless you for your suggestion. I agree with you wholeheartedly! We should all encourage one another and not pull one another down. If we find discrepancy in an Advertisement, we should email the seller quietly and give him/her time to respond before posting discrepancy on the forum. May this 2009 be a year of prosperity for all of us.
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2009
I support this even though I've been guilty of this before. smiley
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2009
ahonohai:

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Nairalanders,

Let me once and for all state that I have no relationship whatsoever with the user, Igwe1, as some people have been suggesting in other threads.  I will continue to focus on being very respectful in all my posts as I remind dealers to post VIN numbers.  When obvious omissions are identified, I will inform dealers without prejudice and without accusing anyone of wrongdoing. My only objective is to make this section better for us all.  I'm sure it will be very clear to everyone that I am a very fair minded person with no interest in seing any dealer's failure.  And just maybe, Seun will elect to make me a permanent Moderator here  cheesy

Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by gestapo(f): 2:55am On Feb 13, 2009
Monitor_1:

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Nairalanders,

Let me once and for all state that I have no relationship whatsoever with the user, Igwe1, as some people have been suggesting in other threads.  I will continue to focus on being very respectful in all my posts as I remind dealers to post VIN numbers.  When obvious omissions are identified, I will inform dealers without prejudice and without accusing anyone of wrongdoing. My only objective is to make this section better for us all.  I'm sure it will be very clear to everyone that I am a very fair minded person with no interest in seing any dealer's failure.  And just maybe, Seun will elect to make me a permanent Moderator here  cheesy

igwe1,

go and learn the skills of using pseudo names from akuya, swallow1250 and jazzlove, they are one and the same person you are not good yet, your choice of words has given you away as well, and your quest for the moderator which failed when you were using your igwe1 username will fail again not under the pretence of joing the sisterhood will wash tongue tongue
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Jesarmy(f): 3:03am On Feb 13, 2009
@Monitor_1,
You have been doing a good job so far keep it up! smiley smiley
One sisterly advise though when there is a discrepancy between vin# and advert,can you pls.quietly email the seller and give about 2 days grace period to rectify the advert before bringing it to the open forum as some people may not check their email immediately.
Thanks smiley

ziontrain:

@Jesarmy,

God Bless you for your suggestion. I agree with you wholeheartedly! We should all encourage one another and not pull one another down. If we find discrepancy in an Advertisement, we should email the seller quietly and give him/her time to respond before posting discrepancy on the forum. May this 2009 be a year of prosperity for all of us.
@Ziontrain,
Thanks for your agreement,hopefully many more would see the peace effort in it and use the approach.
ahonohai:

@ahonohai,
That is the spirit ! grin
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Jesarmy(f): 3:22am On Feb 13, 2009
@all,
I know not whether Igwe1=Monitor_1 but if indeed it is time will tell and the truth will always prevail.
I would still strongly appeal to us all to let peace reign,let us forgive and forget past ills and forge ahead.Let us remenber that if we forgive men their tresspasses our heavenly Father will also forgive us.
At this time pls. let us encourage Monitor_1 on what she is doing,I believe it is for the greater good of the forum.
Thank you and God Bless,
Jesarmy smiley smiley
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 13, 2009
Jesarmy:

@all,
I know not whether Igwe1=Monitor_1 but if indeed it is time will tell and the truth will always prevail.
I would still strongly appeal to us all to let peace reign,let us forgive and forget past ills and forge ahead.Let us remenber that if we forgive men their tresspasses our heavenly Father will also forgive us.
At this time pls. let us encourage Monitor_1 on what she is doing,I believe it is for the greater good of the forum.
Thank you and God Bless,
Jesarmy smiley smiley

My Sister,

Thanks for the show of support. I don't have the energy to fight at all and I feel sad to see that malice and bad belle, is actually starting to affect some people's rationality. Its quite sad to see. As you said, the truth will always prevail. I will continue to be as respectful as humanly possible in this volunteer role of mine. So far, none of the dealers is complaining and one of them accepted my apologies when it seems as if I offended him. I believe more people appreciate what I am doing than those that are not being rational.
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Monittor1(f): 4:12am On Feb 13, 2009
My Sisters we have to try our best on this forum, i will be around to check all threads for vins and other important informations, we want to make this section better for us all, so help me God.  smiley
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 13, 2009
Please ignore the mischieveous Monittor_1 (note the double "T"wink. That userid has been banned for breaking the rules of this forum. I apologize on behalf of decent nairalanders
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by IGWE3(m): 7:53am On Feb 13, 2009
Oke osisi daa umu nnunu eju ohia.
when the cat is away the little mice rejoice.
grin grin
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Jesarmy(f): 2:22am On Feb 23, 2009
@All in the autosection,
It seems Monitor_1 has been relieved of her position as moderator,any reason for this?I felt she was doing a good job.
The autosection is seriously in need of a moderator to help enforce the rules and regulations of the forum.Most trade forum of international repute are regulated and strictly moderated to ensure smooth business transactions.
There are far too many dramas in the autosection more than the car sales that are been generated,the potential danger in this is that many more serious buyers/sellers may be put off from patronising the auto section seeing it as an entertainment forum rather than a trading  platform.This definitely would serve no good to any dealer in the house.
Hopefully issues can be resolved amicably and moderator(s) put in place to enforce the rules and regulations of the autosection.
Regards,
Jesarmy
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by sultaan(m): 5:51am On Feb 23, 2009
Well this is ot a trading forum.It is a forum for anything auto enthusiasts.
There was a time when there was a handful of dealers on this forum,but now it seems like 60% of the posters are trying to sell to remainig 30%, !0% is keyboard traffic.

Its difficult for users not interested in buyingto scroll throuh 2 pages before they find one issues to relate to.
So its easier to jump into one of the numerous sales threads.

Please delete all the duplicate posts, and those money making craps
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by mastro: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2009
Well this is ot a trading forum.It is a forum for anything auto enthusiasts.
There was a time when there was a handful of dealers on this forum,but now it seems like 60% of the posters are trying to sell to remainig 30%, !0% is keyboard traffic.

Its difficult for users not interested in buyingto scroll throuh 2 pages before they find one issues to relate to.
So its easier to jump into one of the numerous sales threads.

Well said, this is NOT a "trading forum" it is a forum for like minded people to exchange information and generally gist, that said it is generally accepted that dealers and individuals can sell cars on here, however while there are a "few" intentional thread "derailers" (usually other dealers) many a time it is people being simply curious.

On VINs, remember not everybody knows what a VIN is or it's uses or the fact that for a newish car to be declared Salvage, (beyond economical repair) is a very big deal.

I remember years ago going to the port and seeing rows of trailer heads with 3 cars stacked on the back of each with their roofs cut off and put inside them (to make space) and thinking that whoh someone is going to spend their life savings buying a pile of junk that may well kill them, that is not to say that Salvage cars can't be repaired to a safe standard, it is just simply that they usually are not.

Oh and remember this is the INTERNETS so everyone get their own mouth and can say anything they like. (including me grin )
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Jesarmy(f): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2009
So I guess it would be safe to say the site is a hybrid of trading and gisting grin,.
Information sharing is very valuable and crucial in making rational economic decisions and is meant to ensure fairness to both sellers and buyers,but it would be healthier if we share our info with each other in a respectful manner,abiding by the forum rules and without derailing car advert threads.
The truth is with over a quarter million registered users,the site is a force to be reckoned with and someone some where might start getting worried about the image of the country we project to the outside the world.Moreso,I feel strongly that as patriotic citizens we should use this forum to help improve the image of the country and who knows what local/international partnerships might even develop as a result.
Cheers and God Bless,
Jesarmy
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by sultaan(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
Here we go again shocked
Everything was going fine till you started using those despicable words crooks use to insult Nigerians.
I strongly implore you not to use words like; fellow, patriot, and worth dying for in the same page with Nigeria.
Some people have gotten aways with crimes way worse than murderGENOCIDE preaching those words.Lets keep it clean without calling each other names.

If you are trying to do some "rebranding" I can give you a link(if its still up), but since there is more traffic in this auto section, let not waste any keystroke.
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2009
I'd say the Auto section is very much a commercial one, rather than an enthusiast site.

Yes, there have been a good many topics that are to do with automobiles, but don't involve sales.
Either way, it's not nice derailing threads, regardless of what they're about.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by nnaobodo1: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
pls i am trying to upload my pix bt not uploading.
what should i do?
Re: Derailing Car Adverts Threads by saibuhari(m): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
What if the seller willfully and fraudulently posts VIN intended to deceive? I think you should concentrate on sellers who do this. All sellers should cross check what they post. Assume this to be a newspaper advert, will you go and recall all the newspapers sold? The onus is on sellers to be meticulous in what they post and not telling buyers how to react. I notice its car dealers that are mostly in support of this post that is trying to control how buyers react to fraudulent adverts. If however, the intent is observed by the buyer as not deceitful, yes buyer may call and bring discrepancy to the seller's attention. But all should note that nobody can regulate how the buyer reacts to a fraudulent advert. I remember wasting my time to go inspect a car at ikeja only to discover that the car is opposite of what the guy advertised. Even though I decided to keep quiet about, especially as I was too busy to come online, but will anyone blame me if i did a counter post to his advert?

(1) (Reply)

Honda Prelude, Now N250,000. Sold! Sold!! / Volkswagen Vanagon Bus For Sale. / Nissan Sunny/mazda , Ungently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.