Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies (16356 Views)

Boko Haram: Babies Among Suicide Bombers / Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Boko Haram: 214 Rescued Girls Pregnant – UNFPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by KingTom(m): 12:34pm On May 19, 2015
MizTyna:

Ofcos,i have an idea how SAD that can be,i have family friends who have been married even before i was born with no kids,while i even already have one of my own. Maybe you didnt get me clearly,Nigerians,most Nigerians would never wanna adopt,they'll rather lie about being pregnant,travel and patronise those baby factories you talked about. If adoptions were really being practised and supported,baby factories would be out of businesses. It doesnt matter to me if those kids have terrorists as fathers as you said,but in this part of the world,it matters to most people and it will be used against them at every turn. This is sad but it is the truth. But i agree with you,it all comes down to the women's choice. It is still their pregnancy
Ditto cool
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by MizTyna(f): 12:36pm On May 19, 2015
merengue:

You don't have a clue do you? Where was faith when their hynies were being torn by the crazy sons of perdition who were probably high on adrenaline and other substances? How many people adopt kids in Nigeria with all the stigmatization and derision? Please, the UNFPA's plan is sound abeg; give these girls a chance to live their lives completely detached from all reminders of the dark days spent under Boko Haram. This is why I believe gay marriage should be allowed & gay couples encouraged to adopt unwanted babies.

Exactly my point. Let's leave faith or anything out of it and face cold hard facts. Those children are in for a tough life. Go to little saints orphanages and co,children full there with no hope of adoption
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by hamilton62(m): 1:16pm On May 19, 2015
nairalandist:

So you guys think such babies are meant to be kept? Don't you know that the boko haram babies will be a reminder of the gruesome experience to the girls who were kidnapped? Do you think they can ever love them?

You guys don't know anything. I go with the UN on that. I think it's better for them to abort the babies and start a new life. If there's anytime to abort a child, it's in a case like that. God forbid, but would you advise your own sister or wife to keep a rape baby or a boko haram baby? Please, the UN has given wise counsel, it's not about taboo or tradition right now... it's about doing what's effective.

Lalasticlala front page pls...
why take what you cant give?
i understand the anger but where is our integrity as human, Christians, Muslim if you are?
must you kill because of a mere shame, anger etc? No!
Abortion should be discouraged.... let govt abduct the children after birth why their mothers give reorientation
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by italo: 2:12pm On May 19, 2015
nairalandist:

So you guys think such babies are meant to be kept? Don't you know that the boko haram babies will be a reminder of the gruesome experience to the girls who were kidnapped? Do you think they can ever love them?

You guys don't know anything. I go with the UN on that. I think it's better for them to abort the babies and start a new life. If there's anytime to abort a child, it's in a case like that. God forbid, but would you advise your own sister or wife to keep a rape baby or a boko haram baby? Please, the UN has given wise counsel, it's not about taboo or tradition right now... it's about doing what's effective.

Lalasticlala front page pls...

The option of having the babies and giving them up for adoption has taken care of the issues you raised.

It is safer and healthier for the girls and the babies.

It is not a grave sin like what you are proposing i.e the mass killing of babies in the womb.

Do you know the dangers of abortion? Do you know it can cause infertility in future for the girls? Do you know it is linked with increased rate of breast cancer? Do you know it can lead their souls to hell?
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by yogun(f): 2:19pm On May 19, 2015
adebisiolumide5:

Point Noted... #But it is still mass killing. what if the girls don't survive it

I support the move, though sad but will save the girls from trauma...
I believe the process will be done under good condition not by quacks and the gestational age will determine if it will be done or not...

God punish BK
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by italo: 2:31pm On May 19, 2015
MizTyna:

Exactly my point. Let's leave faith or anything out of it and face cold hard facts. Those children are in for a tough life. Go to little saints orphanages and co,children full there with no hope of adoption

I visit orphanages regularly. Children in Little Saints and other countless orphanages are better looked-after than millions of children who live with their mothers.

Can you dispute that?
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by tonychristopher: 2:47pm On May 19, 2015
ABORTION IS PURE MURDER...DO NOT DO IT DO NOT SUPPORT IT!!!!
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by preetyb(f): 2:47pm On May 19, 2015
This one is strong o. I refuse to concor to such atrocity.
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Chommieblaq(f): 3:01pm On May 19, 2015
One of the victim said "they took turn in raping me, sometimes about 10-12 men in a day, still I go through hard work" yet una want make dem keep d belle.. Those of u advising them to keep d baby is because u ain't in their shoes, dey ain't ur sis, wife or mother, some might even kill demselves on remembering the trauma. ABORTION is the better option!!!

1 Like

Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by esther1994(f): 3:06pm On May 19, 2015
kelechiodo:
The Foundation for African Heritage (FACH), a coalition of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) has kicked against plans to help girls who were raped by boko haram terrorists secure an abortion.

THIS DAY reports that FACH registered its displeasure after the United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) and some foreign NGOs suggested that the rescued girls be sent to the abortion clinics to have their babies aborted or that abortion be legalised in Nigeria.

Speaking on behalf of FACH, Mr. Sonnie Ekwowus said that having experienced unspeakable trauma, dehumanisation and violence in the hands of their Boko Haram captors, it is unreasonable and illogical to subject the girls to a traumatic, violent-wrecking and life-threatening abortion process.

She added that FACH members were offering free maternity homes and rehabilitation homes where the girls could willingly go to safely give birth to their babies and afterwards could give them out for legal adoption if, for any reasons, they do not want to keep them.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/no-abortion-for-girls-pregnant-with-boko-haram-babies-fahc.111926/

That is mass killing unborn Boko Haram. I surport UN.
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 19, 2015
I agree with UNFPA...if the girls want an abortion let them have it.I sure as hell wasn't keeping it if I was in that situation...better i suffer than have to bring a child into the world that is not wanted and constantly reminds me of that boko haram drama.

Too much sentiments with regards to this situation.
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Syncan(m): 4:31pm On May 19, 2015
Chommieblaq:
One of the victim said "they took turn in raping me, sometimes about 10-12 men in a day, still I go through hard work" yet una want make dem keep d belle.. Those of u advising them to keep d baby is because u ain't in their shoes, dey ain't ur sis, wife or mother, some might even kill demselves on remembering the trauma. ABORTION is the better option!!!

With every letter you type in support of this, you tell all those who have been born in similar circumstances but who are alive and reading this now, that they should have been dead and not alive. I wish you could meet some of the people in this subset, then I will ask you again if you wish they were killed in the womb. Ask yourself if you really were in a position to decide how you came into the world, short-cuts are most often the wrong route, don't make the decision of taking live a trivial one; for people have been known to even give their lives that others may live.
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by PidginYarns: 5:05pm On May 19, 2015
Nothing go happen to those pikin dem. Make dem no waste dem abeg, na God dey create
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by PidginYarns: 5:05pm On May 19, 2015
esther1994:

That is mass killing unborn Boko Haram. I surport UN.
U no get sense
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by mmsen: 5:45pm On May 19, 2015
Anyone calling for these women to be coerced into giving birth to such children has probably completely missed the causes of the Boko Haram insurgency.
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by MizTyna(f): 6:34pm On May 19, 2015
italo:

I visit orphanages regularly. Children in Little Saints and other countless orphanages are better looked-after than millions of children who live with their mothers.

Can you dispute that?

That wasnt the point i was trying to make. My point is,they are not being adopted cos Nigerians dont seem to like it
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by italo: 7:01pm On May 19, 2015
MizTyna:

That wasnt the point i was trying to make. My point is,they are not being adopted cos Nigerians dont seem to like it

Okay.
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by mythical(m): 9:32pm On May 19, 2015
OP and all, please disregard the news. UNFPA can never and ever support abortion. Doing more research on UNFPA and their operations would help all. Thank you
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by emiye(m): 12:01am On May 20, 2015
They should give birth to the babies, and they can be offered for adoption on request of the mothers
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by Octaves(m): 1:54am On May 20, 2015
The unborn babies have a right to live. If the young women dont want them, they can give them up for adoption and move on with their lives. Killing the babies wont erase what already happened
Re: United Nations Population Funds (UNFPA) Suggests Abortion For Boko Haram Babies by koikoi2(m): 3:23am On May 20, 2015
This is where I expect Nigeria to involve T.B. Joshua.
He knows exactly what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Crowd Of Youths March For Ambode’s Re-Election (Photo) / N750m Car Scam: Ortom Lauds EFCC Over Arrest Of Benue Speaker, 14 Lawmakers / Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.