Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan (24730 Views)

'Uduaghan Must Go To Jail' Protest At Delta State Government House (Pics) / Throwback Photo Of Okowa Ibori & Uduaghan / Drama Trails Scrapping Of First Lady Titles, Offices In States-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by nelsonegware: 7:46am On May 19, 2015
Locating Nigeria’s four topmost offices in one area untenable —Uduaghan

By Hugo Odiogor

Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State has described as untenable, alleged plans by the incoming All Progressives Congress, APC, government at the centre to locate the nation’s four key offices in one section of the country, regardless of the constitutional provisions on federal character.

Uduaghan, who was honoured by Anioma people for his contributions to Delta State in the past 16 years, said it was inimical to peace and unity of Nigeria for the North to hold the offices of the President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, in addition to the office of the Chief Justice of the Federation.
Uduaghan said: “Leaders of APC reasoning along the line of allocating critical national offices to one section of the country is a mark of insensitivity.”
He said that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, may be out of power “but it will mount strong opposition to APC to ensure the survival and advancement of democracy in Nigeria.”

He assured Deltas that he has “no intention of jumping from PDP to APC,” as has become the vogue since the ruling party lost the presidential election in March.
He said he will remain a staunch member of the PDP and help the party go through the trauma of defeat and bounce back to mount formidable opposition to APC in the interest of democracy in Nigeria.

Earlier, the Asagba of Asaba, HRM Obi Chike Edozien, who is the President of Anioma Congress, said Anioma people decided to honour Dr. Uduaghan for the role he has played in the development of the state, starting from when he served as a member of the transition committee for the administration of Chief James Ibori.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/locating-nigerias-four-topmost-offices-in-one-area-untenable-uduaghan/

3 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Omokos(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2015
on point sir

7 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Nobody: 7:51am On May 19, 2015
even at that we have no intention of allowing traitors to have the speakership of the HOR.If Hon iriase of edo state cant have it then let the gambaris have it all

14 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by TISHAmatt: 7:52am On May 19, 2015
Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Mynd44: 8:02am On May 19, 2015
I guess the Delta state governor is part of the ignorant people who sees the North as one zone and not three different geopolitical zones.

Nigeria and Ignorance go side by side

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by coputa(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2015
TISHAmatt:
Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians.
I have always said it that,Buhari,the miracle worker of guillible nigerians is out to promote northern interest.Nigerians are not good students of history.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by wasiudvd(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2015
So NE, NW, NC are now one section of the country? So Divide and rule.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by midolian(m): 8:12am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
I have always said it that,Buhari,the miracle worker of guillible nigerians is out to promote northern interest.Nigerians are not good students of history.
you aint making sense bro! And you know it..

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by coputa(m): 8:13am On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:
I guess the Delta state governor is part of the ignorant people who sees the North as one zone and not three different geopolitical zones.

The positiom in question is a sensitive one,the north should not hijack it.North is north,the 3 geo political zones,not withstanding.APC is a pro northern party,Tinubu,Amaechi and the other traitors will regret their action soon.

34 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by coputa(m): 8:16am On May 19, 2015
midolian:
you aint making sense bro! And you know it..
How,young lad,are you reading from right to left.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by aare07(m): 8:17am On May 19, 2015
Our Core Value should be Capability not Regional Arrangement.
Nigeria will be great

2 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Mynd44: 8:36am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
The positiom in question is a sensitive one,the north should not hijack it.North is north,the 3 geo political zones,not withstanding.APC is a pro northern party,Tinubu,Amaechi and the other traitors will regret their action soon.
Your saying "The North is the North" is just like saying the South is the South

20 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by donsteady(m): 8:48am On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:

Your saying "The North is the North" is just like saying the South is the South
My brother, North is North, We don't have N-South or E-South.

11 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by omenka(m): 8:51am On May 19, 2015
The very people who ought to be the protectors of our national unity are the very ones viciously assaulting the fabric right at its seams.

Frankly I wish I were a president so I could teach some nutcasses how not to behave.

When it suits them, they adopt the north versus the south, christians versus muslims, majority versus minority. It is seldom about real politik or merit.

Now, if we look at Jonathan's admin, going by the logic of these fartheads that call themselves politicians:

VP- "North".

Senate president- "North"

Speaker HoR- "North".

Attorney General- "North".

Chief Justice- "North".

Now, how many of these eediots (pardon me) told us about the dangers of having all these positions situated at the north back then?? angry

Can we see how these men try to divide us...

Nigerians, get wise I repeat!!

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Mynd44: 8:53am On May 19, 2015
donsteady:

My brother, North is North, We don't have N-South or E-South.
Lmao.....that's what they told you right? You need to visit there for yourself though

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Mynd44: 8:54am On May 19, 2015
omenka:
The very people who ought to be the protectors of our national unity are the very one assaulting the fabric right at its seams.

Frankly I wish I were a president so I could teach some nutcasses how not to behave.

When it suits them, they adopt the north versus the south, christians versus muslims, majority versus minority. It is seldom about real politik or merit.

Now, if we look at Jonathan's admin, going by the logic of these fartheads that call themselves politicians:

VP- "North".

Speaker HoR- "North".

Chief Justice- "North".

Now, how many of these eediots (pardon me) told us about the dangers back then?? angry

Selective amnesia....a very interesting illness

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by fritiyo: 9:04am On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:

Selective amnesia....a very interesting illness

It was not pdp intention to zone the speakership to the north rather it was zoned to the south west before members in the house chose who they feel like.

6 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Mynd44: 9:20am On May 19, 2015
fritiyo:

It was not pdp intention to zone the speakership to the north rather it was zoned to the south west before members in the house chose who they feel like.
Then the question is has APC zoned anything to anywhere?

15 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by fritiyo: 9:35am On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:

Then the question is has APC zoned anything to anywhere?

From the look of things, Apc are really confused on what to do cos the north and west are battle for the most important position plus the president n vice p

1 Like

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by coldFLARES1(m): 9:42am On May 19, 2015
coputa:
Guess it's folks like you that would forever celebrate mediocrity provided you or your family benefits. That said, you must understand that Nigeria conveniently has been broken down to 6 geo-political zones with 3 to the north's credit. The major threat this configuration poses for the south is that those guys can be united when they need to show you that they are the boss, which they have done countless times. To be fair to the APC, we have seen how difficult it has been for them to allocate principal positions in the legislature to geo-political zones, with a likely consequence that the party was to be defied by the lawmakers while the roguish PDP was angling to profit from the stalemate. While it subjugates the independence of the legislature for the party to allocate/zone its offices, it bodes better for the party to allow members-elect their free will if everything else fails after all instead of full cow to run loss, e better to cut the tail take. Need I remind you that it is near impossible for a southerner to win a legislative contest against a northerner, except a lot of horse-trading and concession happens! Then again, nobody told the SS and SE to box themselves into a corner by the choices they made during the concluded elections. So let's learn to run with the lessons of 2015 and wish we still can get a fair treatment in some other ways.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by DaGC(m): 9:48am On May 19, 2015
Bros Emma!!!!
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by IGBOSON1: 9:48am On May 19, 2015
I wonder why we're not hearing any protests from their friends down south over this blatant display of avarice and greed! Just imagine the kerfuffle that would ensue if Igbos or the South East and South South had or intended to have all these top positions to themselves!?

7 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Mynd44: 9:52am On May 19, 2015
fritiyo:

From the look of things, Apc are really confused on what to do cos the north and west are battle for the most important position plus the president n vice p
The APC are doing the best they can and which is to allow the lawmakers choose their leaders. As long as the process is democratic, who cares about the zone?

3 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by IGBOSON1: 9:55am On May 19, 2015
omenka:
The very people who ought to be the protectors of our national unity are the very ones viciously assaulting the fabric right at its seams.

VP- "North".

Speaker HoR- "North".

Chief Justice- "North".

Now, how many of these eediots (pardon me) told us about the dangers of having all these positions situated at the north back then?? angry

Can we see how these men try to divide us...

^^^It was different then because the topmost position was held by a Southerner! And besides, this was done with all being taken on board....with the blessing of the South, and without the South feeling they were sidelined when the decisions were being made!

5 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Nobody: 10:36am On May 19, 2015
chukwudi44:
even at that we have no intention of allowing traitors to have the speakership of the HOR.If Hon iriase of edo state cant have it then let the gambaris have it all
lol. Seconded
Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Nobody: 10:51am On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:

I think you are the ignorant one here, do they have North East governor forum or does any hausa man takes geo political thing serious apart from when they are skimming for political appointment.

7 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by omonnakoda: 10:58am On May 19, 2015
IGBOSON1:
I wonder why we're not hearing any protests from their friends down south over this blatant display of avarice and greed! Just imagine the kerfuffle that would ensue if Igbos or the South East and South South had or intended to have all these top positions to themselves!?

1979 Vice President Ekwueme
Senate president Joe Wayas
Speaker HOR Edwin Ume-Ezeoke

where was the kerfuffle

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Mynd44: 11:14am On May 19, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I think you are the ignorant one here, do they have North East governor forum or does any hausa man takes geo political thing serious apart from when they are skimming for political appointment.
Funny. So to you everyone in the North is Hausa....

You people should keep showing how much you know about Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Nobody: 11:21am On May 19, 2015
Mynd44:

Funny. So to you everyone in the North is Hausa....

You people should keep showing how much you know about Nigeria
I grew up in kaduna and I can tell you more about the north than what you sit in Lagos and read about.

3 Likes

Re: Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan by Nobody: 11:23am On May 19, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^It was different then because the topmost position was held by a Southerner! And besides, this was done with all being taken on board....with the blessing of the South, and without the South feeling they were sidelined when the decisions were being made!
Bobo yi gor gan sha

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Obiano's Family Photo, What's Yours Like? / Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 / Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.