Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Should President Elect Resign? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should President Elect Resign? (858 Views)

Bola Tinubu And Nana Akufo-Addo, President-Elect Of Ghana Pictured Together / Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should President Elect Resign? by mubarak001(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2015
Hey Nlanders,

Before the election, we heard of promises from the opposition party telling us they would do these and do that, uhm! But right now, after winning the election, all we hear from them is that the out going president didn't give useful tips, we should not expect miracles, the country is indebted, that it might be difficult to fix somethings, and the excuses are endless.

If you asked me, I'll suggest he should just resign and hand over to his vice-elect before they start telling us it was our fault to have voted them in the first place.

or what do you guys think?
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by podosci(m): 12:50pm On May 19, 2015
Its common for polliticians everywhere to promise heaven and earth in their bid for political positions but its uncommon for the President Elect to resign before he even assumes office...
I personally believe corruption is our major problem, deal with that and every other thing would fall into place...
I campaigned vehemently for Buhari but 6months from when he takes over the reigns of aso rock,...if I don't atleast start seeing results of him trying to fix the country then I would start castigating him...
Goodluck to him
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by mubarak001(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2015
podosci:
Its common for polliticians everywhere to promise heaven and earth in their bid for political positions but its uncommon for the President Elect to resign before he even assumes office...

Goodluck to him

They should NT just start playing with our hopes and expectations...anyway, I agree wit u.

1 Like

Re: Should President Elect Resign? by Damikevin(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2015
That useful tips statement is the one surprising me. Shay na you wan be president why you dey find tips from person when you oust from post. You have ruled before haven't you? Use the experience Deon that time with caution cos we de democracy now.
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by Babalegba(m): 1:24pm On May 19, 2015
mubarak001:
Hey Nlanders,

Before the election, we heard of promises from the opposition party telling us they would do these and do that, uhm! But right now, after winning the election, all we hear from them is that the out going president didn't give useful tips, we should not expect miracles, the country is indebted, that it might be difficult to fix somethings, and the excuses are endless.

If you asked me, I'll suggest he should just resign and hand over to his vice-elect before they start telling us it was our fault to have voted them in the first place.

the tone of your post suggests that you did not vote for the president elect, you sound like a bitter person whose candidate did not win.

1 Like

Re: Should President Elect Resign? by mubarak001(m): 1:33pm On May 19, 2015
Babalegba:
the tone of your post suggests that you did not vote for the president elect, you sound like a bitter person whose candidate did not win.

Fortunately enough, i didn't vote because i couldnt lay hands on voter's card bt i did convince my ppl to vote for him. And for your info, no bitterness.
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by mubarak001(m): 1:33pm On May 19, 2015
Damikevin:
That useful tips statement is the one surprising me. Shay na you wan be president why you dey find tips from person when you oust from post. You have ruled before haven't you? Use the experience Deon that time with caution cos we de democracy now.

Abi na...am not a fan of all dos discouraging words.
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by dekdek: 1:54pm On May 19, 2015
mubarak001:
Hey Nlanders,

Before the election, we heard of promises from the opposition party telling us they would do these and do that, uhm! But right now, after winning the election, all we hear from them is that the out going president didn't give useful tips, we should not expect miracles, the country is indebted,
that it might be difficult to fix somethings, and the excuses are endless.

U sound vague, as in very vague.
Can u be much more specific about what the General promised and have suddenly reneged from?
I put it to u that u dont have because when the General was taking time going about selling his dreams to Nigeria, ur kind were not listening. U lot were busy looking for his certificate and praying for his death.
Again, be specific and we will start from there.
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by mubarak001(m): 2:01pm On May 19, 2015
dekdek:

U sound vague, as in very vague.
Can u be much more specific about what the General promised and have suddenly reneged from?
I put it to u that u dont have because when the General was taking time going about selling his dreams to Nigeria, ur kind were not listening. U lot were busy looking for his certificate and praying for his death.
Again, be specific and we will start from there.

You are very funny, did i fabricate those words he's now saying myself? Are they not his exact words? He's just trying to prep our minds in case he 4ked up. Bros, abeg try update ur sef with newspapers. Besides, is nt gud to envisage as stated by u "ur kind were not listening. U lot were busy looking for his certificate and praying for his death". I don't do such. I'm constructive in my criticism.
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by dekdek: 2:14pm On May 19, 2015
mubarak001:

You are very funny, did i fabricate those words he's now saying myself? Are they not his exact words? He's just trying to prep our minds in case he 4ked up. Bros, abeg try update ur sef with newspapers. Besides, is nt gud to envisage as stated by u "ur kind were not listening. U lot were busy looking for his certificate and praying for his death". I don't do such. I'm constructive in my criticism.

In ur post, u said before elections the General made promises. Am interested in those promises u claimed u heard and had suddenly realised that he can't fulfil.
On several occasions buhari stated that this government is a failure, what tips do u think he will be expecting from a failed govt. Those words are simply out of respect for the seat and not because he is really expecting anything reasonable from this govt. What useful tips can he get from a govt that has given us a legacy of obtaining loans to to pay salaries after years of surplus? A legacy of monumental domestic and foreign debt with very little to show for it.
Dont be deceived. Far more better brains are with the General advising him on what to do than the assemblage of sycophants this govt has assembled.
The General made promises and he will fulfill them. He has not for once stated that what he promised is no longer achievable.
Re: Should President Elect Resign? by obailala(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2015
If the president elect resigns, what then happens next?... The clueless one continues in office?... Buahahahahahaha!! grin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomole Reveals He Met Hiis New Wife As A Virgin / E X C L U S I V E I N T E R V I E W The Buhari You Didn’t Know / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Shows Off Her Famous Multi Timezone Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.